Coronavirus Thread

Haven't there been incredibly minor blood clot findings with all the vaccines? I could very well be wrong about that.
 
Haven't there been incredibly minor blood clot findings with all the vaccines? I could very well be wrong about that.

[J&J and AstraZeneca] use a similar technology, which is distinct from the mRNA vaccines developed by Pfizer and Moderna.
...
Similar blood clotting has not been observed in either the Pfizer or Moderna mRNA vaccines, which rely on a different technology.
 

GasBandit

Staff member
Boy, I hope immunization is going better in Texas than I think it is, because at the grocery store today, I saw a LOT of people getting pretty sloppy with their masks, if not outright maskless.
 
Yeah, around here I’d say close to half the people aren’t wearing masks any more. Mostly younger people, usually still wearing their Trump shirts.
 
This attitude is so prevalent in Kelowna. I grew up in that hell hole and you couldn't pay me enough to move back.

Fuck Kelowna!
 
CDC says almost 40% of the US population has been vaccinated, but is concerned because even though vaccines are now widely available, the remaining ~60% do not seem "as eager" to get vaccinated.
The finding may be linked to a partisan divide. Rural areas often swing Republican, and Republicans have consistently been among the most resistant to vaccination across many surveys. In the latest KFF data, 29 percent of Republicans reported that they would “definitely not” get vaccinated.
--Patrick
 
Last edited:
My school is making it mandatory by this summer for all Doctors/Students/Staff to be vaccinated. There's been some pushback by a few since some, mostly students, didn't want to take the vaccine yet because it's "too early" or "too experimental", but it doesn't look like they'll have much of a choice.
 
They haven't yet realized they're purging their own voter rolls. :p
I don’t think they care. I feel like if a Republican was being sucked into a wood chipper, and a Democrat tried to pull him out, instead of allowing himself to be rescued, the Republican would try his damndest to grab the Democrat and pull him into the chipper with him.

—Patrick
 
I don’t think they care. I feel like if a Republican was being sucked into a wood chipper, and a Democrat tried to pull him out, instead of allowing himself to be rescued, the Republican would try his damndest to grab the Democrat and pull him into the chipper with him.
And then if he gets pulled to safely, he'll accuse the Democrat of trying to kill him.
 
That's not how any of this works....


This pig-eyed prick keeps losing mayoral races across Canada. Now he's there to raise shit in Calgary.
 
The US is very clearly at the point of having more vaccines than people willing to get it (not even counting the millions of Johnson & Johnson ones that aren't going to be used due to an incredibly rare side effect). I kinda think maybe we should start sharing.
 
My covid-relucant aunt and uncle (The one who I threw my hat at for suggesting that Bill Gates was implanting 5G mind control chips into vaccines) just emailed the family saying that their kids and grandkids are now neck-deep in suffering with COVID and "thoughts and prayers". Their oldest daughter caught it very bad while in the Phillipines last year prior to the hat-throwing incident so my tolerance for their nonsense was already at a low. Now they are very much of the quarantine, vaccine, scared of long-haul variety. And all I can do is shake my head sadly.
 
Ontario has called upon Atlantic Canada to muster all their resources and send help.

A couple of infected Ontario parents visited NS ignored all our protocols and went out on the town with their kids. Hitting every conceivable location in Halifax, because hey why not we're covid free and everything is open.

And now we're no longer covid free...
 
WTF does "and second half all I have friends of your guys descents" mean? I'm usually good at deciphering gibberish, due to my job, but this one has me stymied.
 
Top