Coronavirus Thread

In the same boat, it's been hard getting my son to focus as his school still wants him to do school work and gives out assignments over Google Classroom, but he is stuck at home and just wants to play. It's hard to work (I am self-employed with a home desk job you could say) while also keeping them covered and my son on task with his learning. It's terribly exhausting. I can't even send them over to the neighbors to play.

My daughter had her birthday at the start of the month, but due to the lock down and pandemic fears, we had to cancel her birthday party and just have it the four of us. We were able to make it special though by putting out a few flower pitchers and a box of chalk, and let anyone in the area drop off flowers, cards, or draw supportive words or pictures on our driveway. By the end of the day we had seven more pitchers full of flowers then the originals I put out and the chalk messages covered our driveway and all of our front sidewalk. I love my neighborhood.

Dave

Staff member
You guys remember when all the crazy parents wanted to get together and get their kids sick in "coronavirus parties" because it wasn't going to be that bad?

Pepperidge Farm remembers.

This is scary. The drug in question is crucial to the treatment of an autoimmune disease had by many and of course because of the obvious.

I'm on 8, but to be fair, some of those like giving myself a haircut and having an anxiety/panic attack happen without quarantine too.

You guys remember when all the crazy parents wanted to get together and get their kids sick in "coronavirus parties" because it wasn't going to be that bad?

Pepperidge Farm remembers.
Yeah it was like 2 weeks ago or 700 years in CV19 time.

Dave

Staff member
COViD-19 2020 report:

• Federal government is useless
  • States have stepped up bigtime to help people
  • Mayors have stepped up
  • Revenues are down from taxes, police fines, tickets, red light cameras, parking violations, etc.
  • Movie stars and sports stars aren't really all that missed.
  • The people the government called essential aren't.
  • The people the government wrote off as non-essential are.
  • Immigrants keeping our food chain alive are essential.
  • Edit: Meetings can be handled with emails.
  • Edit: There really has never been a reason to go into the office.
Did I miss anything?

GasBandit

Staff member
COViD-19 2020 report:

• Federal government is useless
  • States have stepped up bigtime to help people
  • Mayors have stepped up
  • Revenues are down from taxes, police fines, tickets, red light cameras, parking violations, etc.
  • Movie stars and sports stars aren't really all that missed.
  • The people the government called essential aren't.
  • The people the government wrote off as non-essential are.
  • Immigrants keeping our food chain alive are essential.
  • Edit: Meetings can be handled with emails.
  • Edit: There really has never been a reason to go into the office.
Did I miss anything?
  • The problem wasn't the teacher.

• Even millions dying won't break American tribalism
  • My employer is absolute shite at following rules and caring about their employees
  • All politicians, even those of supposedly good parties, will gladly grab ALL THE POWER if there's an excuse. Doing the absolute worst "For the good of the people" is still the best path to horror.