Coronavirus Thread

Dave

Staff member
This is a very interesting and informative article. Please ignore the title and link. They are a bit over the top.

I'm seeing all the Big East games as cancelled
youre right, they cancelled it at halftime of Creighton/St. John's. at least they came to their senses, albeit late.

NHL and MLB suspended seasons/spring training are confirmed now as well.

Went to Costco. All I wanted was a bag of rice and some powdered milk. We don't drink milk enough to make buying it economical, but we use it often enough that we have to have it, and fresh milk goes bad before we use it up.

Should have gone 2 days ago, before the president's announcement. It was a freaking madhouse.
There were no...zero...none carts. I had to get one from the parking lot.

Inside, it was like a Black Friday event had just happened. There were packages broken open and strewn about the floor. Dozens of abandoned carts with goods inside of them where people just gave up. Lots of Costco employees restocking shelves and bitching about the abandoned product. Every person I saw--every single one--had toilet paper in their cart. Some of them, that's all they were buying. I may or may not have accidentally laughed out loud at some of them.

I am getting low on toilet paper. The last mega-pack I bought has lasted over a year. Now I am too ashamed to buy some during this panic.

Working from home for the foreseeable future, except for the days i absolutely have to (cutting checks for the company).

Dave

Staff member
Corn cob?!? I live in Nebraska. Where the fuck am I going to find a corlkjye0sf79ty9p

Sorry. Just tripped over a corn cob typing that.

Dave

Staff member
Step 1: Senate blocks democratic attempts at passing comprehensive help bill for those who are going to be affected by COVID-19.
Step 2: The Federal Reserve is going to pump $1 TRILLION to help the stock market.

Fuck the people. We have to help the corporations.

National Coronavirus Athletics Abolishment
I’m also hearing it referred to as “March Sadness.”
Step 1: Senate blocks democratic attempts at passing comprehensive help bill for those who are going to be affected by COVID-19.
Step 2: The Federal Reserve is going to pump $1 TRILLION to help the stock market.

Thank goodness we don’t need emergency bridge repair to get out of the way of a comet or something!
(also if this don’t show where their priorities lie, well..what more evidence do you need???)

—Patrick

Looks like we're going back to good ol' fashioned corn cobs and pine cones. :Leyla:
Those are both closer to just using toilet paper than a bidet is.

If you were changing a babies diaper and got shit on your arm or cleaning up after your dog and didn't notice a hole in your waste bag before you picked it up, would you feel clean if you just wiped it off with a dry paper towel?

46ACA4FD-B88B-4ADA-A006-F6C06E36D03C.jpeg
see that jump right around 1pm? That was when the $1.5T injection was announced. Lasted a whole 30-40 minutes.

$1.5T incidentally is the estimated total of outstanding student debt. But wherever would we get the money to take care of that?

$1.5T incidentally is the estimated total of outstanding student debt. But wherever would we get the money to take care of that?
Yes, but It’s not like canceling student debt would actually help the economy or anything. And besides, it’s not the government‘s responsibility to bail out a bunch of people who made poor financial decisions, right?
1.5 trillion for 20 minutes of better stock prices.
Sure, but if you knew those 20min were coming, think of what you could do with that knowledge.

—Patrick