Coronavirus Thread

I believe it was John Oliver who said, and I paraphrase, "We can either tank the economy, or have a bunch of people die while tanking the economy."

figmentPez

Staff member

Not to mention that there are plenty of elderly that are taking this very seriously. My grandmother had my parents, aunt & uncle cancel a visit before states starting issuing social distancing orders.

He must not get that with no people, there is no economy.

--Patrick
No, no, see, everyone should just work even though their friends and family are dropping dead, and just ignore the death toll, or the danger.

It's only a couple of million more dead people, and i'm sure they can just be replaced in a short time with more potential victim labour.

Just toil on and ignore the body count.

Yes, but it may be true that under capitalism, the economic depression that's coming might provoke deaths comparable to COVID, especially depending on the measures that are taken (both regarding COVID and the depression itself).

Nah, most depression era deaths where formerly rich people jumping of office buildings.

Oh, wait... now it makes even more sense that they'd rather have gram-gram die instead...

Kellyanne Conway just had an interview defending the president and his actions versus the WHO by claiming the WHO should have been more on top of the whole thing because... "This is COVID-19, not COVID-1"

Kelly, it's called COVID-19 because it was discovered in 2019, not because we have had 18 other outbreaks for the WHO to prepare with.

God, I can't stand how stupid everyone in the executive branch of the government is right now.

I mean, she’s probably saying that to spread the notion amongst Trump’s base and the unaware, not because that’s what she actually thinks.

Am i the only one that remembers that the WHO only upgraded to calling it a pandemic because they said governments where not taking it seriously enough when they just called it an epidemic?

figmentPez

Staff member

I've been cutting my own hair for decades (and cutting an actual hairstyle for several years!), but I fully imagine some of these are happening right now.

I scored toilet paper today, at Wal-Mart (Neighborhood Market), and it wasn't three minutes after they opened!

Only 58 cents, too!

Uh...

I've been cutting my own hair for decades (and cutting an actual hairstyle for several years!), but I fully imagine some of these are happening right now.
I'm 100% Christ has risen right now and one more greasy bad hair day from being the Crystal Maze.

Anyone who tries to suggest hydroxychloroquine to me is getting coughed on. The list of ways it would try to kill me is LONG. Almost this long...

Dave

Staff member
And now CNN is giving voice to the idiot's guide to HEY LOOK OVER THERE AND NOT AT THE SHIT JOB I'VE DONE!!

Anyone who tries to suggest hydroxychloroquine to me is getting coughed on. The list of ways it would try to kill me is LONG. Almost this long...
It’s a scary med and one only given when the rewards outweigh the risks which isn’t often.

Its scary to think of it being mass used.