Coronavirus Thread

My ZIP code, after a day off, has returned to the top of the list of highest amount of cases in the city of Mesa. :(

In the eight surrounding ZIP codes and ours, the ratio of population-to-cases is now 107.4 to 1.

My ZIP code, after a day off, has returned to the top of the list of highest amount of cases in the city of Mesa. :(

In the eight surrounding ZIP codes and ours, the ratio of population-to-cases is now 107.4 to 1.
Wow. Stay safe. I just ran the numbers and it looks like your county added more new cases this week than this county has total.

Wow. Stay safe. I just ran the numbers and it looks like your county added more new cases this week than this county has total.
Well, we do have 3.9 million people in Maricopa County, so there's that.

And we're not even the worst hit. Take a look at Yuma County's* numbers (and remember that they only have a population of about 200,000).

(* - Just don't look at the "official" numbers. That's how bad it is; the county can't keep up with the actual numbers.)

This is outrageous. Where are the armed men who come in to take the anti-mask people away? Where are they? This kind of behavior is never tolerated in Taiwan. You shout like that they put you in jail. Right away. No trial, no nothing. Anti-mask people, we have a special jail for anti-mask people. You refuse to wear a mask: right to jail. You tell other people not to wear masks: right to jail, right away. Wearing your mask too low: jail. High: jail. You are charging too high prices for masks, disinfectants: you right to jail. You wear your mask inside out? Believe it or not, jail. You wear your mask upside down, also jail. Inside out, upside down. You try to go to the dentist and you don't wear a mask, believe it or not, jail, right away. We have the best COVID-19 response in the world because of jail.

...you realize you sound a bit Trumpy with that screed, there, @bhamv3?

(Not an attack or anything, but that does sound Trump-like. Except change "mask" for "black.")

Unrelated: Everyone who cries about wearing a mask is a little bitch, and that's coming from someone who unintentionally burped two Impossible Whoppers into one yesterday.

Woohoo! The governor has ordered face masks inside all public spaces in the state, regardless of county. She did something! Now if only she'd do something about individual counties still refusing to expand testing.

I would guess that Mitch's district is probably safe enough that even 5% of his voters dying aren't going to swing things to the Dems. However, I do think that pretty soon the reality of COVID is going to get undeniable even for the MAGA crowd, and he's just trying to get ahead of it.

Nah, Mitch is vulnerable. Kentucky is a red state but they elected a Democratic governor and while that was mostly because of how unpopular the incumbent governor was, he still had higher approval numbers in the state than Mitch does. He's a favorite to win, but by no means a lock.

Our school reopening plan seemed decent until I got to this part...

Students must bring a cloth mask to school daily and expect to wear it as they enter the school and at other times throughout the day. We will minimize the use of masks whenever possible.

WTF.

Our school reopening plan seemed decent until I got to this part...

Students must bring a cloth mask to school daily and expect to wear it as they enter the school and at other times throughout the day. We will minimize the use of masks whenever possible.

WTF.
Be sure to bring your masks so we can not use them. :rolleyes: