Coronavirus Thread

figmentPez

Staff member
Excel spreadsheet issue blamed for missing COVID-19 cases in UK

"PHE said that from Sept. 25 to Oct. 2, those cases were not reported in the daily figures announced to the public. It was later revealed that a 'technical issue' had occurred when the Excel spreadsheet used to tally the figures ran out of space."

“The problem is that the PHE developers picked an old file format to do this — known as XLS,” wrote the BBC. “As a consequence, each template could handle only about 65,000 rows of data rather than the 1 million-plus rows that Excel is actually capable of.” It’s now reported that the data had been portioned off into smaller Excel batches.

GasBandit

Staff member
Excel spreadsheet issue blamed for missing COVID-19 cases in UK

"PHE said that from Sept. 25 to Oct. 2, those cases were not reported in the daily figures announced to the public. It was later revealed that a 'technical issue' had occurred when the Excel spreadsheet used to tally the figures ran out of space."

“The problem is that the PHE developers picked an old file format to do this — known as XLS,” wrote the BBC. “As a consequence, each template could handle only about 65,000 rows of data rather than the 1 million-plus rows that Excel is actually capable of.” It’s now reported that the data had been portioned off into smaller Excel batches.
The last Excel incapable of using XLSX, and being limited to XLS, was part of Office 97. 1997. Sheesh. Get it together you twats

Hallites, is it gay to not get Corona?
I just want to say that I approve of this nickname for Halforumites, since "halite" is the technical name for salt, and we definitely gots us a whole lotta that around here.
The last Excel incapable of using XLSX, and being limited to XLS, was part of Office 97. 1997. Office 2003. Sheesh. Get it together you twats
FTFY
You could run the compatibility filter to transform it from XML back to XLS, but it didn't overcome the technical limitations of the format.

--Patrick

This billboard was put up back in November of 2019.
It has stayed up since. It has not aged well.

goingviral.jpg

Oh, CHC. I feel bad for your marketing dept.

--Patrick

200 tweets in less than a day, Pelosi needs to straight up implore Pence to use the 25th for the sake our your nation

Dave

Staff member
Okay, so did he announce that change in the stimulus AFTER futures trading started? Remember what I said about him tanking the market on purpose?

You all should start listening to the Dave.

Dave

Staff member
Hey look! One of the Patriots linebackers tested positive! It's almost like you don't test positive the day you get infected and there's a stupid fucking incubation period. So the Pats/Chiefs game should NOT have happened and the NFL are a bunch of fucking idiots.

Dave

Staff member
Pile it on:

1. Donald Trump - President
  2. Melania Trump - First Lady
  3. Hope Hicks - Trump Senior Council, former Trump WH communications director
  4. Ronna McDaniel - RNC chair
  5. Mike Lee (R, UT)
  6. Rev. John Jenkins - president of the University of Notre Dame (attended SCOTUS nomination at Rose Garden)
  7. Two unnamed journalists and one unnamed WH staffer
  8. ^
  9. ^
  10. Michael D. Shear - WH correspondent for NYT
  11. ^ and wife
  12. Thom Tillis (R, NC) - At WH on Sat
  13. Kellyanne Conway - Former White House counselor, attended Rose Garden event
  14. Kellyanne Conway's Daughter
  15. Bill Stepien - Trump Campaign Manager
  16. Ron Johnson (R, WI)
  17. Chris Christie - Former Republican NJ Gov. Helped prepare Trump for debate.
  18. Nick Luna - Trump Aide
  19. Kayleigh McEnany - WH Press Secretary
  20. Chad Gilmartin - Deputy to Press Secretary
  21. Karoline Leavitt - Deputy to Press Secretary
  22. Greg Laurie - Pastor at Harvest Christian Fellowship, attended Rose Garden event
  23. Jayna McCarron - Trump's military aid for Coast Guard
  24. Unnamed - Active duty military valet to the president
  25. Salud Carbajal (D-CA) - After exposed to COVID-positive senator Mike Lee (R-UT)
  26. Al Drago - Photojournalist at Rose Garden event
  27. Charles W. Ray - U.S. Coast Guard admiral
  28. Harrison W. Fields - Assistant Press Secretary
  29. Jalen Drummond - Assistant Press Secretary
  30. Stephen Miller - WH senior adviser
Edit: Fore more in-depth tracing, here's some alternative sources:

NYT Tracing, Wikipedia entry, Graph by Peter Walker

Barr is self-isolating and probably just not getting tested. McConnell strikes me as the kind of guy who follows every piece of scientific advice when it comes to keeping himself safe, he just discourages it among others.

figmentPez

Staff member
The fact-checking about Regeneron's REGN-COV2 treatment that Trump received is kinda ridiculous. Yeah, people saying it's made directly from aborted babies are wrong, but it was still tested using the products of fetal stem cells. Saying "Well, they're not actually fetal stem cells, they've differentiated into liver cells, so they're not stem cells anymore." To me that's like saying Jello isn't made from cows, it's made from gelatin. Cells growing in a petri dish are not human beings. Fetal stem cells, or fetal liver cells, either way they're not tiny human beings being endlessly tortured for the sake of medicine. It's okay to just say "Yes, we used these cells to test medicine, it's a lot better than testing an animal, or a whole human being."

McConnell strikes me as the kind of guy who follows every piece of scientific advice when it comes to keeping himself safe, he just discourages it among others.
Yeah, apparently he hasn't been to the White House since early August because of how lax they've been on masks/distancing. Feel free to give yourself a "called it" cookie.

It probably took more time to find a doctor to get him out of it than to just do the test.

If he tests and is found positive, he'll have to quarantine, which will delay the push to install whatsherface as a supreme court justice. So he'd rather risk his life and the life of everyone around him than lose his chance to abuse his power while he still has it

figmentPez

Staff member
TIL That the Texas Renaissance Festival is operating, and they don't require masks for guests. They ask that guests socially distance and wear masks, but don't require it. Hmm, the name says "renaissance", but the theming this year seems to be "medieval plague".

If this is indicative of their general safety standards, then I'm surprised it took this long for fire to burn down three of their food stalls.

TIL That the Texas Renaissance Festival is operating, and they don't require masks for guests. They ask that guests socially distance and wear masks, but don't require it. Hmm, the name says "renaissance", but the theming this year seems to be "medieval plague".

If this is indicative of their general safety standards, then I'm surprised it took this long for fire to burn down three of their food stalls.
If you've ever worked there, or known someone who had a booth there (food or otherwise), you'd know how scary some of the setups are behind the scenes.