Coronavirus Thread

People are pretty sure Lindsey Graham has it, but instead of going to get tested he spend time getting a doctors note saying he does not have to. People think it's either to get out of the debate after how horrible he did last time, but without being the one to cancel (As Jaime made it clear he wouldn't show to the debate unless Graham got tested since he was at the Super Spreader event.), or it's because he is trying to avoid a positive on record since it means they would have to delay the Supreme Court confirmation while he is quarantined.

Can't wait for everyone at the confirmation hearings to get COVID.

Dave

Staff member
Speaking of how bad he is, I posted this in the politics forum. Wonder why he didn’t want a direct debate...

I know this is crass but the minute I started playing that video I couldn't stop imagining an old time horse race announcer.
"Aaaaaand their off! It's Maryland and Massachusetts strong out of the pack but what's this?! Arizona powers through to take the lead position! It's a battle for second as all the others racers battle it out! Wait, what's this!? Yes! YES! Even with a weak start, Florida is making a drive through the pack, he is passing Utah and Alabama! Oh he has now passed South Carolina! Look out Arizona! Starting out with a commanding lead Florida and North Carolina are catching up... Arizona can't keep up his speed! Florida is coming up! FLORIDA TAKES THE LEAD! Arizona tries to come back but look out, here comes Louisiana! Oh it's heating up folks, Florida still holds the lead but Arizona and Louisiana are.... As I live and breath! Mississippi and Alabama out of nowhere! Here they come through the home stretch, Florida still holding it's lead but can he hold it!? Can he do it!? FLORIDA HAS WON! A STUNNING VICTORY FOR STUPIDITY EVERYWHERE!"

Someone in that Twitter thread asked what the hell was up with California, but since I keep my Twitter "politics free" I can't tell the dude that California, though vastly Democratic, still has more Republicans then most red states. That's what happens when you have the highest state population in the country by magnitudes. When you have a state absolutely saturated with people and millions of dopes with a crafted ideology saying masks are tyranny, there isn't much you can do to stop the spread.

. . . I can't tell the dude that California, though vastly Democratic, still has more Republicans then most red states. . .
Yep, and I live right in the middle of Red California territory. That's why my county still has one of the highest infection rates in the state. Fucking Trumper idiots around here won't listen to reason and do what's fucking right. :mad:

Someone in that Twitter thread asked what the hell was up with California, but since I keep my Twitter "politics free" I can't tell the dude that California, though vastly Democratic, still has more Republicans then most red states. That's what happens when you have the highest state population in the country by magnitudes. When you have a state absolutely saturated with people and millions of dopes with a crafted ideology saying masks are tyranny, there isn't much you can do to stop the spread.
Also, and I’m sure you know this, but California’s Democrats are all focused around the SF Bay Area, Sacramento, and LA Area. The vast swath of the Central Valley, San Diego, and areas north of Sacramento tend to have a lot more conservatives. I would almost say that California is mostly Republican by area, but the main population centers of cities and coast overwhelm the state with Democrats.

My point is that it’s not hard to find Republican areas in California. You just have to know where to look.

Dave

Staff member
I get my second test today at 4 pm. They said the results will be back in about 20 minutes. Big problem is that this time I'm going through my doctor's office instead of the free testing sites, which take days or weeks to get results. So if I want to find out & be able to DJ this week I have to pay out the nose (GET IT?!?!?!).

Latest memo from school basically goes like this: “Yes, our county is trending to the point where we will be forced to have distance learning very soon until the case count goes down. Good news is the 2 week distance learning we’re just finishing up because we had an outbreak has helped and the number of kids who are in school and testing positive has gone down! So we’ll just go back to school until we have to go distance again.”

:facepalm:

Also, and I’m sure you know this, but California’s Democrats are all focused around the SF Bay Area, Sacramento, and LA Area. The vast swath of the Central Valley, San Diego, and areas north of Sacramento tend to have a lot more conservatives. I would almost say that California is mostly Republican by area, but the main population centers of cities and coast overwhelm the state with Democrats.
I went to high school in Del Mar, not very far north of San Diego, which always seemed to lean left for me, it was my friends there that shifted me to be less die-hard Republican, which was how my parents raised me. It was going to college and dealing with the aftermath of 9/11 and the forever wars that made me shift to where I am now, which is close to the center but leaning left.

I find that while San Diego itself seems pretty mixed from my own experiences, it's when you head in-land towards Alpine that it really starts to turn red. My step-father is from that region and while he dresses like he is a hip old liberal, he is the most conservative person I know, even worst then my mother.

I'm actually afraid to look at the Maricopa County website (and even our own website at MPSaz.org) to see how bad things are now that we're on day two of five-day learning...

Last edited:
I am still keeping my son home, does distance learning. We have a bubble of friends that our kids can play with that are also doing distance learning. Things looked good for awhile and thought about sending him back, though now my son's math teacher has been out sick for the last week and a half, which, does not make me confident.

Last edited:
Every week we get an email stating that someone at one of the schools near us has tested positive. And yet, this week they have moved up to 3 days-a-week in-person learning. (All schools are divided into 2 alternating groups, which means every other week, one group has a 3 day in-person week.) We're still sticking to full remote learning.