Coronavirus Thread

Well, crap.
I've had a persistent dry cough for a bit over a week.
Called the public health nurse/info line, just to ask if I should be leading worship in person tomorrow or not.
Give symptom.
"Oh, that's something we give a covid screening for, would you like to book an appointment? "
Fuck. I guess so.
So, I'm going in to get probed tomorrow afternoon.
Dammit.
Well, enjoy the quarantine. Hope you come back negative.

GasBandit

Staff member
Remember, it only feels like the giant swab is probing your brain.
The test I took yesterday didn't actually need to do the nose thing. I actually asked the guy, "what, you're not going to scrape the back of my sinus?" and he laughed "ha ha, no, that's ooooold school." These days, it seems just a thorough mouth swab after induced coughing is enough.

The test I took yesterday didn't actually need to do the nose thing. I actually asked the guy, "what, you're not going to scrape the back of my sinus?" and he laughed "ha ha, no, that's ooooold school." These days, it seems just a thorough mouth swab after induced coughing is enough.
Of course, this is Canukistan.

Well, crap.
Called the public health nurse/info line, just to ask if I should be leading worship in person tomorrow or not.
Give symptom.
"Oh, that's something we give a covid screening for, would you like to book an appointment? "
Fuck. I guess so.
Dammit.
If we can drop anything off for you during your quarantine, please let us know.

Dave

Staff member
Three things you won't hear anywhere else:
  • Yesterday (the 20th) was Arizona's highest one-day case total since July 1st - which was the highest one-day case total for this entire pandemic.
  • Arizona should be up to 300,000 total cases by Tuesday. Original projections put it at the beginning of December.
  • After an initial plateau of new cases back on July 8th, Arizona's new case "balance" is back where it was at the end of June. (A "plateau" is considered here as being fewer cases, on average, in the 28 days after a given date than in the 28 days prior to that same date. The balance "flipped" back to negative, where there were more cases in the 28 days after a date than before, on - ironically - September 11.)

GasBandit

Staff member
Supposedly there are some kiosks set up on campus that are just open to the public for free testing. I'm going to try one of those tomorrow.
The results took longer to get to me than they had said, but hey, what do you want for free?

Anyway, they came back negative. It was just a cold after all, and despite a THIRD coworker now being quarantined due to an immediate family member testing positive - and this third guy being in my department - I seem to have dodged the bullets so far.

Well, crap.
Give symptom.
Fuck. I guess so.
Dammit.
Well, after a very stressful 36 hours, I woke up this morning to a negative test result in my e-mail inbox. So, yay!

Welp, everyone in our "city" who has been in a bar or restaurant after 10 PM in the last two weeks has been instructed to get tested.

The clinic I got tested at said they wouldnt even contact you if you tested negative (you could contact the lab they contracted with).

36 hours? Shit, we are back into it then for sure. It was a few hours turnaround in the summer.
Yup - one of my congregants mentioned that when she was tested just a few weeks ago, she heard back in ~18 hours (basically overnight). So we've already increased turnaround time by a day in less than a month.
And every day the list of exposure sites gets longer.

I am so glad that we decided to do Dec. 24 all on-line well in advance, because I would hate to be having to plan to maybe-maybe-not at this point.

Time to lock up all the kids.

Stupid young people brought it here, didn't quarantine and then went out partying and bam right back where we started.

No good kids.

Our provincial premiere and chief medical officer have been holding (practically) daily COVID briefings since March.

I have never listened/watched.

I happened to today and apparently as of this Thursday, it's all being shut down again for at least two weeks. No restaurants (take-out only), no sports, no faith gatherings (or more than 5 people).

Our provincial premiere and chief medical officer have been holding (practically) daily COVID briefings since March.

I have never listened/watched.

I happened to today and apparently as of this Thursday, it's all being shut down again for at least two weeks. No restaurants (take-out only), no sports, no faith gatherings (or more than 5 people).
And hobos get to shoot people who violate the order.

(considers this)
(looks at most recent totals in Arizona)

You, uh, do realize that we're at 4.23% case rate here in AZ right now, right?

We'd love to "only" have a 1% case rate.