Coronavirus Thread

...to determine if you were infected with the COVID-19 virus...

When reading a small font PDF without my glasses guess which part sounded scary.

It looks like our happy little Covid free bubble down here in New Zealand has been infiltrated for good this time.
Despite some pretty heavy lockdowns it doesn't seem like we can get delta eliminated like we did with the original variant.

I managed to buy a house while navigating the lockdowns and I have to hope that come settlement day i'm going to be able to move in.

It looks like our happy little Covid free bubble down here in New Zealand has been infiltrated for good this time.
Despite some pretty heavy lockdowns it doesn't seem like we can get delta eliminated like we did with the original variant.

I managed to buy a house while navigating the lockdowns and I have to hope that come settlement day i'm going to be able to move in.
If Taiwan can get it under control, I'm sure you guys can too. It'll take a while, but as long as you don't give up and don't get complacent, it's definitely possible.

Today's our 9th straight day with no reported local infections. There were 12 cases coming in from overseas, but we caught them all at the border.

Unfortunately it doesn't take many people to keep it burning.

"Northland has moved to Covid-19 alert level 3 for four days, after a recent case was found to have moved “widely” around the region after entering the area using falsified documents."

"The woman was not co-operating with the contract tracing process, but he could not say why she was not assisting police."

Between that kind of thing and gang members smuggling KFC it is going to be hard work.

Congrats on the house! From what I hear about New Zealand that's no small feat

1633745405985.png

"Popular"

These fuckers constantly co-opting racial terms for the 'struggle' is getting extremely tiring. They fucking tried to take over a native demonstration in Edmonton earlier today.

Testing here is still a shit show. To get tested for free in a drive through you need an appointment, which is booked 2-3 days out. Or you can go in to urgent care, pay for an office visit, and hang out in the waiting room with everyone else for an hour or so.

Covid is the number one killer of police by a huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge margin. Unfortunately, police only have one way of dealing with problems.

Honestly I feel like this is the biggest event of the trash taking itself out that has ever happened. Cops that don't believe in public safety? Nurses that don't believe in medicine? Fire fighters that are unwilling to take any sort of risk for other people? This seems like a good thing to me.

Honestly I feel like this is the biggest event of the trash taking itself out that has ever happened. Cops that don't believe in public safety? Nurses that don't believe in medicine? Fire fighters that are unwilling to take any sort of risk for other people? This seems like a good thing to me.
^^This.

Getting vaxxed in those positions is literally part of your job responsibility (health, public safety, etc) towards those you protect. If you work in one of these positions but aren't willing to be vaccinated, this screams that you got into the business for some reason other than what it really should be, and the quality of that profession will be better off without you.

--Patrick