Democratic Primary: Crisis of infinite candidates

This also kinda nixes the whole "Biden's in the chair, VP's the actual president" hopes for a lot of people on the left. I don't see Harris as that kind of VP... which means we're stuck with Biden for 4 years and he's just gonna sweep all the Republican illegal activity under the rug because he agrees with most of what they are doing.

Where's the justice in this?

So pissed she is on the ticket. I would have been happy with anyone BUT her. She's a major reason my school was shut down when she decided to force the fines on it to the potential buyer the school had, knowing it would kill the deal and the school. Then she did NOTHING to help the students it affected when she used their plight as a springboard to further her own political career and become senator.

figmentPez

Staff member
It astounds me that the right-wing is still crying for "civility" in politics, claiming that Democrats are just name calling with accusations of racism and fascism.

Trump insults people on a regular basis. I'm not sure a day goes by where he doesn't call his opponents stupid, or use some form of racist rhetoric.

The sheer amount of double-think going on with the Right when they claim that incivility in politics is a problem stemming solely from Democrats.

Oh fucking hell.

Get ready for another possible four years of Birtherism folks.

TLDR : Dude argues that though Kamala was born in Oakland, her parents, who emigrated from other countries, were "possibly" not permanent residents at the time of her birth, and thus she isn't eligible to be a "natural born citizen", and thus can't hold the office of President or Vice President. People already calling her an anchor baby.

Addon : I decided to do some research into the author of the article because he supposedly ran for the same DA position that Kamala would later win. Noticed someone already decided to update his wikipedia page. I kind of want to laugh but also cry that this is how people gotta protest these days.

Annotation 2020-08-12 225820.jpg

Last edited:
Forget birthirism. I know it's easy to forget, but at one point trump and his cronies were trying to redefine "natural born citizen" in this way as a pretense to strip citizenship from people. Birthirism was racist and shitty, but at least it was based off an actual understanding of the constitution.

Can't wait for the VP debate.

Has it hit Mike yet that he'll have to be alone...

On stage...

With a woman...

Who isn't his wife?

Party procedure says anyone with enough delegates to be eligible needs to have their name placed in nomination. Bernie fit that category. So AOC was asked to do so. News outlets that hadn't done their homework freaked out that she was causing trouble, which caused the internet to freak out.

figmentPez

Staff member
News outlets that hadn't done their homework
You're being mighty charitable. I'd be looking for a pattern. Are all the news outlets that "didn't do their homework" owned by the same parent company? How many of them have a history of "not doing their homework" when it comes to AOC? How many of them used this as a chance to insult the Democrat party as a whole?

You're being mighty charitable. I'd be looking for a pattern. Are all the news outlets that "didn't do their homework" owned by the same parent company? How many of them have a history of "not doing their homework" when it comes to AOC? How many of them used this as a chance to insult the Democrat party as a whole?
The one AOC was yelling at when I posted that was NBC.

Dinesh D'Souza (noted garbage fire of a human being) is trying to pitch a shit-fit about Kamala Harris' slave owning ancestor.

Mother fucker, how do you think so many black or mixed race people have slave owning ancestors?

Dinesh D'Souza (noted garbage fire of a human being) is trying to pitch a shit-fit about Kamala Harris' slave owning ancestor.
He's still doing that? I would've thought even he'd have enough shame to stop that once the obvious was pointed out.

Mother fucker, how do you think so many black or mixed race people have slave owning ancestors?
He’s probably one of those people desperately clinging to that whole, “The human body has a way of shutting that down,” line, so he can’t back down on this, because doing so would mean admitting that statement is a lie.

—Patrick

I'm also still not clear on why it matters. We're all descendants of victors, winners, conquerors (well, except for @Dave since he predates the concept of war). The odds of at least one of your ancestors being a rapist, slave owner, murderer, or - by modern standards - pedophile are pretty much 99%+. You're not responsible for the actions of your ancestors

I'm also still not clear on why it matters. We're all descendants of victors, winners, conquerors (well, except for @Dave since he predates the concept of war). The odds of at least one of your ancestors being a rapist, slave owner, murderer, or - by modern standards - pedophile are pretty much 99%+. You're not responsible for the actions of your ancestors
He's a racist bullshitting criminal trying to stir up controversy where there is less than none.

Jesus Christ, if being descended from a slave owner is enough to disqualify someone from being vice president in his demented pig criminal eyes, he needs to look at the history of ACTUAL US presidents.