Did someone order tacos?

THERE'S NOTHING WEST OF ACAPULCO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey guys, so many people from pre-HF days still around, damn!

I have been thinking of you guys a lot lately too, the other day my Firefox suggested the URL and, even weirder, the very next day we were moving stuff around the apartment and I found an old notebook where I doodled the face and as I type this I decided to upload a picture of it:
20220727_190326[1].jpg

And I think of North_Ranger a lot too, I'm glad to see some threads he started still hanging alive.

I've been good this past few years, it's going to be 10 years living in Mexico City with the concubine after 11 years together which is fucking crazy. Had a nice cushy job doing Quality Assurance for Ogilvy & Mather Mexico (in case anyone knows about big marketing agencies), lost that job in November 2019, did my third 48 Hours Film Project that same month and went on to win the whole goddamn thing (Mexico City) and got to go to Amsterdam to compete with the rest of the city winners from around the world (Paris' entry was *CRAZY*, they won)... won nothing, but that was March 2020. Literally days after I landed the world shut down.

So I've spent almost 2 years in the apartment, doing remote work, just got a full time job doing QA remotely aaaand... I guess that's it.

Oh we adopted a puppy a year ago and the fucker is the love of my life now. His name is Maxwell F. Calleja but we just call him Max. The F stands for "fucking demon".

So what's new around here? I just gotta ask about the drama I clearly missed.

If the "tortilla" is described as a "shell", you're just eating a crooked tostada, goddamit.

But I can't complain about the heresies they call "taco" these days. I've grown. Evolved. We put avocado on pizza down here. And jalapeño on sushi.

Just don't come at me with a yellow liquid chemical that's somewhat cheese-like and use the spanish word for cheese to create a whole industry around it. That's just wrong.

GasBandit

Staff member
If the "tortilla" is described as a "shell", you're just eating a crooked tostada, goddamit.

But I can't complain about the heresies they call "taco" these days. I've grown. Evolved. We put avocado on pizza down here. And jalapeño on sushi.

Just don't come at me with a yellow liquid chemical that's somewhat cheese-like and use the spanish word for cheese to create a whole industry around it. That's just wrong.
To this day, restaurants still charge more for "queso" than cheese.

To this day, restaurants still charge more for "queso" than cheese.
And I've seen "queso blanco" starting to pop up like a "fancier" queso...

THAT JUST MEANS "WHITE CHEESE"!!

How you've been, Gas? Still on radio?

(goddamn the new avatars are throwing me off)

GasBandit

Staff member
And I've seen "queso blanco" starting to pop up like a "fancier" queso...

THAT JUST MEANS "WHITE CHEESE"!!

How you've been, Gas? Still on radio?

(goddamn the new avatars are throwing me off)
Not any more. In 2019 I changed jobs. I program A/V automation and control now.

Oh and here's something that'll bake your noodle -
Emrys and I are a thing now.

Not any more. In 2019 I changed jobs. I program A/V automation and control now.

Oh and here's something that'll bake your noodle -
Emrys and I are a thing now.
Holy shit, that's noodle bakin' indeed!! Are you both in Texas?

Is this the first intra-HF romance that begun post-HF??

Are there... are there Gas Weasels running around the place now?

Lets see...let me summarize my little world.
December 2017, wife was diagnosed with Breast Cancer, February 2018 2nd opinion at MD Anderson in Houston, late February stated Chemo on a clinical trial, finished Chemo in late July, removal of left breast in August, she spent a little over a month in Houston in September/October for radiation treatments twice a day. Bought a house in December, moved during week between Christmas and New Year. 2019 went well, ended the year with a celebration trip to Walt Disney World and got to meet @Celt Z and Little Z. World turned upside down in March 2020, wife had reconstructive breast surgery in May, October got a rescue Husky/Border Collie from my daughter in Missouri met her in Oklahoma City in an ice storm to get her, Bed Bath & Beyond job ended in December due to closing my store. 2021 moved our daughter back to Texas from Missouri in a snow storm, February Texas froze over for a few days, started working with my father in law doing electrical water system controls for small towns in the area, and had covid in August. 2022 so far has my wife having her last corrective surgery for her breasts, getting to meet @Tinwhistler, and the hottest driest summer in 11-12 years. Loving life, having fun where we can and doing what we want to do.