Doctor Who: The Pandorica OPENS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Green_Lantern

Staff member
OhgodohgodOhgodohgodOhgodohgod
why no one told me it would be so sad?? *sob*

edit: Starting to watch "blink" now ;)

edit2: Ended watching the Doctor Daugher, rather avilicious episode... I feel odd about it, I would describe it, I would name several bad traits, at same, It was rather fan to watch.

I am curious to see what happens with "Jenny"

edit3:

Saw the following episodes until, Turn Left, I am going to see "Stolen Earth" tomorrow

quick reviews:

The Unicorn and The Wasp:
I was disapointed with the lack of unicorns, but it was a good and fun episode (and really a must considering the following), I think Agatha is the third writter to appear in the New Series, funny seeing the british being patriotic, but the episode was better than the Shakeaspere code in my opinion, much more funny and a affectionate parody of the "whodunit" genre. :)

But, of course, Bury Your Gays couldn't be averted

Silence in the Library/Forest of the Dead:
This was one of the episodes that I was spoiled, at same time, I regret and don't regret it, the obvious reason for regret it is that it took a lot of the emotion and scare from the episode, the reason for not regret is... the same reason to regret it. I mean, I watched knowing more or less what was going to happen and still was scared as Hell, Is bad enough that it is a swarming flesh-eating creature that lives in the darkness, but they had add the "zombies" and data ghosts? plus the faces in the statues saying the scarests things in the most monotone voice? So, one word: Scary, and two words: super-scary

Midnight:
A bottle episode, and hell of a good one, due to lack of spoilers I was more scared about this one than "Silence in the library" even though is almost 30min of staying inside a air-plane like place being afraid of a woman sitting on the floor doing nothing but repeating words

Turn Left:
A What If universe where the Doctor died and the world is a terrible place (and terrible being actually a euphemism), I love alternate realities and is a great examination of the Doctor influence in the world.

Finally watched "The end of time"

What a ride, and what great way to close Tennant chapter. Still, I am worried about the new guy on board. Let's see how it ends.

Green_Lantern

Staff member
Finally watched Doctor Who Doomsday

Ah, you're behind.

Yeah.. Seeing that whole dramatic ending is extremely sad.

I <3 "Wose".
Well... I guess you could say that 2-3 seasons late is "behind"

but better nate than lever.

It is also sad because no other supporting characters also "stayed", and the doctor is utterly alone :(

anyway, I just watched the Runaway Bride with Miss Anti-rose, it was fun. :)

R

Rubicon

Doomsday was indeed sad :( But you're in for a wild ride for the next two seasons, there are some really great episodes that show a more emotional side of The Doctor coming up you'll probably love.

I'm going to break down and cry when David leaves. He will always be THE Doctor in my mind, even if the next guy is great, I doubt he will top David.

Ahem, Tom Baker is THE Doctor, but David Tennant is in second place.

I loved Donna so much as a companion. It got rid of that stupid "I'm in love with the Doctor" bullcrap the last two companions had.

Green_Lantern

Staff member

Doomsday was indeed sad :( But you're in for a wild ride for the next two seasons, there are some really great episodes that show a more emotional side of The Doctor coming up you'll probably love.

I'm going to break down and cry when David leaves. He will always be THE Doctor in my mind, even if the next guy is great, I doubt he will top David.
I confess, that I still have problems in thinking that David is the "same" guy that played the 9th doctor, I mean, I know in my head, but is like, I feel like they are two different characters, but great characters though.

Also, at least Rose got to stay with her family. And while I though that was a bit force, It is good to see Jackie and Pete reunited.

plus, I was LMAO when jackie kept asking "how much money?" while also saying it din't matter xD

Ahem, Tom Baker is THE Doctor, but David Tennant is in second place.

I loved Donna so much as a companion. It got rid of that stupid "I'm in love with the Doctor" bullcrap the last two companions had.
Yeah, why any woman would fall in love with a guy that takes her travelling all across existence? I mean, what it is so romantic about traveling all around history and space to see the unknown? Specially when the guy cares so much about you and protect you from harm and is sweet, brave and compassionate even when face of great peril.

[/sarcasm mode]

I am going to watch Smith and Jones now. ;)

I thought Donna was the best companion of the new series. I absolutely hate how they ended her run though (Don't worry GL, I'm not gonna spoil it for ya).

Green_Lantern

Staff member

I thought Donna was the best companion of the new series. I absolutely hate how they ended her run though (Don't worry GL, I'm not gonna spoil it for ya).
I actually know what happened (thank you TVTropes), sounds even more tragic than what they did with Rose

EDIT: Do I need to watch Sarah Jane Adventures and Torchwood?

I actually know what happened (thank you TVTropes), sounds even more tragic than what they did with Rose

EDIT: Do I need to watch Sarah Jane Adventures and Torchwood?[/QUOTE]

There's stuff in season 3 that will make more sense with Torchwood, same for season 4 and SJA, but it's not required. You could read over episode guides to get the same info.

I actually liked the Sarah Jane Adventures. It's obviously geared towards a younger audience, though.

So basically, it's
Torchwood: Dr Who After Dark
Dr Who: Fun for the whole family
SJA: Dr Who ala Nickelodeon

To clarify, my problem with the Dr Who love angles is more the Doctor's reaction than the girls falling in love with him. He fostered it, whereas in previous incarnations, he shut those budding feelings down because he realized that as a time lord, it will never work. I liked the sort of alien detachment that he had to his companions.

With the exception of Romana, of course, given that she was a time lord.

I'm still waiting for some mention of that character in the new series.

Green_Lantern

Staff member

I actually liked the Sarah Jane Adventures. It's obviously geared towards a younger audience, though.

So basically, it's

To clarify, my problem with the Dr Who love angles is more the Doctor's reaction than the girls falling in love with him. He fostered it, whereas in previous incarnations, he shut those budding feelings down because he realized that as a time lord, it will never work. I liked the sort of alien detachment that he had to his companions.

Well, the Time Lords are gone, this kind of thing is the only "romantic option" that he has now. =P

Also, question, did they explained or will explain that the Time Lords are something like "super-evolved humans"? The Doctor love for our race and the uncanny resemblence sort of annoy me, and I can't see other explanation. :p

So basically, it's

Well, the Time Lords are gone, this kind of thing is the only "romantic option" that he has now. =P

Also, question, did they explained or will explain that the Time Lords are something like "super-evolved humans"? The Doctor love for our race and the uncanny resemblence sort of annoy me, and I can't see other explanation. :p[/QUOTE]

The Doctor is half human. See the Dr Who Movie for that little cannonicity clusterfuck.

The rest of the time lords are a completely different race.

Green_Lantern

Staff member

The Doctor is half human. See the Dr Who Movie for that little cannonicity clusterfuck.

Thank you.... but no. Half human? That is lame, but what about the other time lords?

Thank you.... but no. Half human? That is lame, but what about the other time lords?[/QUOTE]

There are TONS of races in the "whoniverse" who look exactly like humans but are completely different species.

Green_Lantern

Staff member

Thank you.... but no. Half human? That is lame, but what about the other time lords?[/QUOTE]

There are TONS of races in the "whoniverse" who look exactly like humans but are completely different species.[/QUOTE]

That only make it worse.

At least farscape gave a excuse u.u

The revived series carefully ignores the 'half human' thing. 'we ...don't talk about it' kind of thing.

aside from when they sneak in a 'they're half human!' 'THOSE.WORDS.ARE.BLASPHEMY! DO.NOT.BLASPHEME!' in the season 1 finale.

and
when 10.5 says 'nope. never been a half human timelord hybrid before. never. not all all. nuh uh'

Green_Lantern

Staff member

10 miles in six years!

ROFLMAO

that is what I love about this show, the writters are insane xD

V

Veteran

Yeah, we don't mention the half-human thing. Never.

If there's anyone who might get rid of it in-canon, it'll be The Moff. I've had faith in him ever since a character in Coupling wore a 'Bring Back Dr. Who' t-shirt!

GL, you MUST be new to Dr Who if you expect anything to be backed up by logic or science.

With Dr Who, you just accept that things are the way they are. If you think it's impossible, it just means it's so complex that only a timelord and understand it.

Green_Lantern

Staff member

GL, you MUST be new to Dr Who if you expect anything to be backed up by logic or science.

With Dr Who, you just accept that things are the way they are. If you think it's impossible, it just means it's so complex that only a timelord and understand it.
I am not complaining, in fact, I am praising the impossibleness of the situations.

The Human-looking-thing is just a problem that I have with Sci-fi shows in general.

Green_Lantern

Staff member
DON'T BLINK! While wacthing Doctor Who.

Just ended wacthing blink, it was a really great episode, my only "But" was that I already readed the sinopse so I wasn't surprise, but still was enjoyable.

Don't blink!

The preview for the next episode shows Jack Harkness goodness, I am suppose to know something about Torchwood before watching the next episode?

Nothing that happens in Torchwood directly effects what's going on in Dr Who with maybe the exception of last year's season finale, and even then it's only knowing who the characters from Torchwood are.

Green_Lantern

Staff member

Nothing that happens in Torchwood directly effects what's going on in Dr Who with maybe the exception of last year's season finale, and even then it's only knowing who the characters from Torchwood are.
Okay, thanks, also, Torchwood itself, and Sarah Jane Adventures are worth watching?

Torchwood is pretty derisive in the Dr Who fanbase. I personally loved it, but many many people hate it with a passion.

Sarah Jane Adventures is totally geared towards a pre-teen audience, but I also liked that show.

If you do watch Torchwood, Children of Earth was one of the best things I've seen in a long time, but you really need to watch the series before watching that.

To Ame, He wasn't bisexual, he was omnisexual ;)

I liked his explanation that in the time he comes from with all the alien contact they've had, the notion of gender attraction being a non-issue was great.

Except for Owen, I fucking HATED Owen.

I was GLAD when he died, but I cried when Tosh died.

Green_Lantern

Staff member

Stop reading those things, it's more fun if you have no clue what's going to happen!

An Torchwood is not really required to watch Who, there's only like 2 whole references made in Torchwood to Doctor Who, limited to like a line or 2. That's it, really. It's good to watch it regardless though, it's a lot of fun (season 2 being infinitely better than season 1 though).

It has some good characters and I'm sure you'll love the fact that it goes on a lot about sex, sexuality and Cap'n Jack's bisexual nature and relationships. ^.^ He's hot stuff!
blame tvtropes, I readed the sinopses of those episodes only for curiosity and loooooooong before even considering watching Dr.Who.

=(

D

Dusty668

I just got season One and Two, watching them now. I forgot what a mad crush I had on Billie Piper and her tongue poking out all the time.

I think I'm the only person in the world who doesn't find Billie Piper attractive. I loved the character of Rose, but I never found her attractive.

Now, Martha Jones... that's a different story. Mmmm...

You know Billie Piper is wild in bed just by looking at her. I love her.

Owen was a creepy weirdo, but he had a real awesome moment *after* he died.
. "Owen Harper's soul has left the building! There's nobody here but us dead men." he then goes on to beat the crap out of THE INCARNATION OF DEATH ITSELF

D

Dusty668

Martha Jones needed a rainstorm cause she was on fire! But that takes not away from my Piper crush.

Just finished season one. New teeth...

*sigh*

W

WolfOfOdin

Dr. Who is cliched and boring, true story.

....Sorry, I just can't get into the series, really. It seems like a melodramatic soap opera instead of a sci-fi series.

/goes to re-watch Carnivale and grumble at HBO

Green_Lantern

Staff member

Dr. Who is cliched and boring, true story.

....Sorry, I just can't get into the series, really. It seems like a melodramatic soap opera instead of a sci-fi series.

/goes to re-watch Carnivale and grumble at HBO
Burn the Witch!

I am watching Voyage of the Dammed now.

Status
Not open for further replies.