Dwarf Fortress Bloodline!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like change my vote to start up a new one while keeping this one going. Just because we've taken the time and we still have the possibility to find Hidden Super Fun.

P

Pojodan

Chronos[Ha-G said:
]Crap. Out of all the starting areas I made, the only one I find passable has no hindrances whatsoever. Errr - sorry.

If we start-over, I'd prefer if someone else started it - While, honestly, I liked everything else about starting it (Original floor plan to the fortress, initial set of problems/conditions, etc.), I'm notoriously picky when it comes to a starting area - I eventually gave up after N number of times trying to find a suitable one, and that's why the area is so large for this one - couldn't find "everything" closer together.
Understandable, site locating is probably the most annoying part of Dwarf Fortress since the stuff you want for long term fortresses (Magma, sand, iron, flux) have a tendancy to NOT be next to each other.

I volunteer to be the first for a new venture.

I'd like change my vote to start up a new one while keeping this one going. Just because we've taken the time and we still have the possibility to find Hidden Super Fun.
I searched for that, too, and there isn't any at this location either :waah:

The biggest issue with the current fort is that the plot size is 12x12, and Dwarf Fortress' pathfinding algorym gets exponentially more of a resource hog for every additional 'unit' of area a plot has. My PC is a dual core, 2.17 Ghz, 2GB memory strong-arm and I'm getting 5-10 FPS with often stutters with this current fortress and it's 84 dwarfs and dozen or so animals running around. Anyone that doesn't have a faster PC after me will be highly frustrated by the painfully slow performance.

And no worries Chronos, as they say 'Losing is fun!' :teeth:

Bah no Hidden Super Fun? Well I say we toss the fort to the curb like a prom night pregnancy.

Good luck f finding a good location for our newest death trap of a fort.

Status
Not open for further replies.