Elder Scrolls Online

So if anyone has been in the beta so far, odds are you got an e-mail giving you an extra beta code to give out. I have yet to try the beta, but I've got one of those codes to give if someone wants it.

I have so many beta codes that I don't want.

And no one else wants them either.

Maybe that's why Zenimax is sending out 2 apiece to people now, in hopes they'll get others in.

I should be OK for this weekend. Truth be told I was unable to play the last one more than a few minutes due to RL. I hope to get to LVL 10-15 and check out PVP RvR

I keep getting beta invitations, but the codes don't work.

I have no idea why not, but I'm not excited enough anymore to go find out what the problem is. I'm perfectly content just waiting and then playing the final version on a friend's PC or something to see if I like it.

Pretty generic fantasy trailer, well done cinematic though. Other than the Capital making an appearance there really wasn't anything -Elder Scrolls- about it.

Just saw this:
http://i.imgur.com/uQs6TkI.png

What's the fucking point of factions then?

Last edited:
They're just throwing more shit on in the hope of getting more money, not realizing how much it's going to break their game.
ESO: Slightly higher than expected pop numbers to start. Slightly faster plummet of pop numbers in the following months?

Oh well...

Is anyone really looking forward to this? For such a big title, there's a whole lot of meh going around.
Well, it was kinda doomed from the get go. "How many people are clamoring for an Elder Scrolls MMO?" "Uhh... zero." "Well... we're making one anyway."

Yeah I know a small group of my friends are planning to play it.

What sucks is the one beta I've been wanting to get into, I have yet to (WildStar).

Dave

Staff member
I'm updating my game. Gonna be a bit as the connection is slooooow. I'm sitting at 22.9 mB/s and I speedtest at 64 or so.

I finally played about 2 hours of it.

I'm going to pass.

I don't hate it but I don't love it and if I don't love it. I'm not paying $60 + $15 monthly fees.

It's just... not polished enough for me and running around while 100 other people are running around doing your quests doesn't feel very TES to me.

Oh and the combat is TERRIBLE. Particularly when I can run right through enemies but my melee hits "the air" 30% of the time.

Necronic

Staff member
They'll still make money.
The only way this will make money is if they either under invested in development and/or if they go aggressively F2P/Microtransactions within the first year. This is a textbook case of not understanding your audience.

Dave

Staff member
I finally played about 2 hours of it.

I'm going to pass.

I don't hate it but I don't love it and if I don't love it. I'm not paying $60 + $15 monthly fees.

It's just... not polished enough for me and running around while 100 other people are running around doing your quests doesn't feel very TES to me.

Oh and the combat is TERRIBLE. Particularly when I can run right through enemies but my melee hits "the air" 30% of the time.
Did you use my account or do you have your own key now?

4hrs in and I can already say there are better (more fleshed out and better game mechanics) F2P MMOs out there. This is just a travesty. Which sucks cause I was hoping for more travels in Tamriel.

Going to let it update and give it a go. Skipped the last couple betas to give them some time to get things a bit fleshed out, but I guess we'll see.

Dave

Staff member
Holy shit this is taking forever. I'm closing down the update now because ain't nobody got time fo' dat!

GasBandit

Staff member
Holy shit this is taking forever. I'm closing down the update now because ain't nobody got time fo' dat!
22 megaBytes/sec is too slow for you? I download shit from steam and cap out at 2 (standard for 16 megabit). C'mon, Dave! Talk about 1st world problems!

Dave

Staff member
22 megaBytes/sec is too slow for you? I download shit from steam and cap out at 2 (standard for 16 megabit). C'mon, Dave! Talk about 1st world problems!
It fell to 4 mB/sec and then when it "finished" it jumped back to 20+, but then went back to 5% finished. It's cycled from 30% to 0% at least 6 times. I started updating at about 1 pm CST and closed it out at about 3:45.

GasBandit

Staff member
It fell to 4 mB/sec and then when it "finished" it jumped back to 20+, but then went back to 5% finished. It's cycled from 30% to 0% at least 6 times. I started updating at about 1 pm CST and closed it out at about 3:45.
Ah, so the real issue is that the status bar is a big fat liar (and speeds are inconstant).