Export thread

Final Fantasy XIV (we get to be cats!)

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

I am happy to have our own thread :)

So, on the subject of gardening, is an 8 plot garden different from a flower pot? Other than seed hybrids, can it grow the same capacity? Or is a flower pot just one plot?

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

Someone else will have to touch this, I haven't touched any of the crafting professions. They don't shoot fireballs (that I know of)

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

I’m a 58 Fisher/50 Weaver/30 ish Botanist/Miner/Culinarian and Goldsmith. The rest are around 15-20 for cross job skills.

I’d like to be able to grow shards (I go through them something terrible) as well as the other fruit etc needed for Chocobo colours.

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

I’m a 58 Fisher/50 Weaver/30 ish Botanist/Miner/Culinarian and Goldsmith. The rest are around 15-20 for cross job skills.

I’d like to be able to grow shards (I go through them something terrible) as well as the other fruit etc needed for Chocobo colours.
I don't think you can grow shards? I am pretty sure you need to go gather them. Though you do skills that make getting them much faster eventually via Botanist and Miner. They sell pretty well on the market too.

As for plots... I think you can only have the one gardening plot, but it's 8 spots to grow things. I haven't done much more than grow Krakka Root though.

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

I only need two more GC ranks and I’m over halfway there cash wise, so if I can find a small house, I’ll grab one as soon as I have everything together.

Expert Delivey missions are the best! I still don’t get how people have max GC seals, but maybe the high end stuff gives them out way faster.

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

I only need two more GC ranks and I’m over halfway there cash wise, so if I can find a small house, I’ll grab one as soon as I have everything together.

Expert Delivey missions are the best! I still don’t get how people have max GC seals, but maybe the high end stuff gives them out way faster.
Level 70 dungeon gear can give 1800+ seals at a time. And then there are the people who farm poetics to get Ironworks or Shire gear for turn-ins. But maxxing on seals is only possible if you aren't buy the stuff there or doing Squadron stuff, which costs GC to do but is how you raise your GC rank once you've completed your Hunting Log and such post 50.... which is dumb, because you're ALWAYS going to want Cordial and you're always going to want Ventures and you can NEVER have enough Glamour Prisms, all of which can be bought for cheap from your GC.

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

I spend them daily on ventures. I didn’t know about Cordial which is awesome!

I’m glad to have something to do with my old gear. Many quests gave me strength gear which I will never use.

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

I spend them daily on ventures. I didn’t know about Cordial which is awesome!

I’m glad to have something to do with my old gear. Many quests gave me strength gear which I will never use.
You say that now but I'm working on my... 5th-6th 70 and I'm forced to farm poetics for Ironworks and Shire gear. Just because you aren't interested in a class NOW doesn't mean you won't be in the future (I kind of hated DRK until I found a non-rediculous sword to use with it and now it's on it's way to 70). That said... yeah, dump it now and just buy/make whatever you need later.

FYI You can get High Cordial from the Namazu Beast Tribe dailies. I think the Moogle Beast Tribe might give cordial too. Just show up to the quest giver as a DoH/DoL and they'll give you the correct kind of quest.

Terrik

Terrik

I have no idea what you guys are talking about. Despite my limited time, I'm sitting at a level 40 monk, so I think I'm doing OK for myself.

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

I have no idea what you guys are talking about. Despite my limited time, I'm sitting at a level 40 monk, so I think I'm doing OK for myself.
Poetics are currency for gear/items related to 50-60 content.

Cordial is a consumable that refills GP for Gatherer classes. Reduces downtime signifigantly.

Ventures are currency for Retainers (your bank) that lets you send them out to get items and advance in a class.

Beast Tribes are the various monster groups, but the non Branded ones that aren't fucking crazy Primal worshipers. You do their quests as dailies to get stuff.

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

You start earning Poetics in the last few dungeons of the original Main Story. The Praetorium and thé second to last one.

I use cordial a lot for fishing to keep patience up and guarantee HQ catches for mooching and double mooching (so painful otherwise).

I’m still super new to all this and trying to figure it all out. My current goal is to have a house for the gardening alone. I may even get a FC room for a few more flower pots. I still haven’t bought game time lol.

I’m currently shocked by how main main story quests I still have to go before Heavensward. Holy Smokes there were a lot of patches with more quests.

When do I lose the green sprout by my name?

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

You start earning Poetics in the last few dungeons of the original Main Story. The Praetorium and thé second to last one.

I use cordial a lot for fishing to keep patience up and guarantee HQ catches for mooching and double mooching (so painful otherwise).

I’m still super new to all this and trying to figure it all out. My current goal is to have a house for the gardening alone. I may even get a FC room for a few more flower pots. I still haven’t bought game time lol.

I’m currently shocked by how main main story quests I still have to go before Heavensward. Holy Smokes there were a lot of patches with more quests.

When do I lose the green sprout by my name?
You lose the sprout when...

- You've played 168 hours of game time.
- You've beaten "The Far Edge of Fate", the last Heavensward quest before Stormblood.

Until then, it's there unless you manually turn it off. But don't turn it off; you get bonus XP when partied with a Mentor if you are a New Adventurer or a Returner.

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

I have the 168 hours in lol

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

For those interested in the upcoming FF15 crossover event, I'd advise gathering your MGP now. It's going to be like 230-300k MGP to buy the mount, the hair, and all the rest.

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

How long is the event on?

I just went there for the first time last night and that’s a ton of points to get quickly. Or at least it felt like a ton.

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

How long is the event on?

I just went there for the first time last night and that’s a ton of points to get quickly. Or at least it felt like a ton.
May 26th I think? And it's not as hard as you might think.

- Daily Mini-Cactpot tickets (3/day) can give up to 10k each, if you're good at them.
- Weekly Cactpot pick 4 tickets (3/week) can pay out to 1 million.
- Fashion Report (you can find a guide on the reddit each week once people have figured it out) is 50k a week, but you might need to unlock some dyes from ARR Beast Tribe stuff.
- Gold Saucer FATES pay a good deal if you win. Air Force One is super easy and gives out like 4-5k each time if you hit all the right targets.
- Weekly Challenge Log is worth a good chunk of change too. Hope you like Triple Triad and Chocobo Racing too.

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

If I have until May 27, I can do the fashion report every week on FC points bonus day and have all my points in time, right?

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

If I have until May 27, I can do the fashion report every week on FC points bonus day and have all my points in time, right?
You've got 6 weeks. So 50k x 6 = 300k. But keep in mind that you'll have to buy whatever armor you need for the Fashion report, as well as any dyes. So make sure you do Cactpot each week too, as well as your daily Mini-cactpots and probably a fate every day. Look at your Gold Saucer listing on the Challenge lot and do what you can from that as well. 300k really isn't that much.

Here's a guide.

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

I have one rank left to go before I can buy a house/apartment/FC Room. Today is Seal Sweetner day with the FC and I’ve done the hunting log and the dungeon, so I just need the seals.

I am not where I need to be Gil wise yet for the house. Would buying a room or apartment now make sense?

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

I have one rank left to go before I can buy a house/apartment/FC Room. Today is Seal Sweetner day with the FC and I’ve done the hunting log and the dungeon, so I just need the seals.

I am not where I need to be Gil wise yet for the house. Would buying a room or apartment now make sense?
If you foresee your FC staying in it's current dwelling and you expect to stick with them in the long haul, go ahead and get a room. It's fairly cheap.

If you want something that you are unlikely to lose unless you stop playing, get an apartment.

If you NEED that yard for gardening, just keep saving.

Terrik

Terrik

That didn't take TOO long.. first level 50 character

2019-04-14.png

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

That didn't take TOO long.. first level 50 character

View attachment 30370
Now get to Ishgard and tell us how long it took

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

ffxiv_04102019_165137_358.png

My main, as I work on DRK.

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

There is a lot between the original main story and Ishgard. I am very slowly getting there while working on buying a house.

I saw a small lot for sale in Lavender earlier. I was just short on cash and I prefer the look of Mist. So, by tomorrow, I’ll be land hunting :)

I should note that I checked all three neighborhoods and there was one. Lol....just one.

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

How many retainers do you guys have? For me, I think it could easily become a very slippery slope lol.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

How many retainers do you guys have? For me, I think it could easily become a very slippery slope lol.
You are limited to two I think, with some ways to unlock more (some I believe involve increased subscription)

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

You are limited to two I think, with some ways to unlock more (some I believe involve increased subscription)
This is correct: you can have two free retainer, but you can pay for more by paying more a month. Two is generally enough, I find.

Eriol

Eriol

I'm scared of what I need to do for the gear for access to the FINAL dungeon in the game. The minimum is 360, and that's what Mendacity gives you. I only have 1 piece of Genesis gear.

What REALLY sucks is you can NOT get a weapon (that's not a drop) unless you do Delta/Sigmascape no matter your number of tomestones. And for DPS, that queue is PAIN.

Also, somebody needs to explain Eureka to me. Can you only go in at max level? And if so, what exactly are you grinding for? PotD/HoH at least you get exp outside of it for completing sets of levels, that makes sense, but Eureka doesn't make sense.

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

I’m so far from all that, I’m afraid I can’t help you :(

I lost my first housing war last night lol. More like I chose to sleep rather than click the Placard mindlessly all night after waiting what I felt was a super long time.

I had no idea that there was a housing timer on top of saving for a house and then having to find a plot for sale.

So gross.

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

I'm scared of what I need to do for the gear for access to the FINAL dungeon in the game. The minimum is 360, and that's what Mendacity gives you. I only have 1 piece of Genesis gear.

What REALLY sucks is you can NOT get a weapon (that's not a drop) unless you do Delta/Sigmascape no matter your number of tomestones. And for DPS, that queue is PAIN.

Also, somebody needs to explain Eureka to me. Can you only go in at max level? And if so, what exactly are you grinding for? PotD/HoH at least you get exp outside of it for completing sets of levels, that makes sense, but Eureka doesn't make sense.
To hit 360, I recommend doing Ridornana Lighthouse and Orbonne Monastery from the Ivalice Raid series. Lighthouse is Min Ilvl 335, gives you 360 and I believe they just removed the 1 piece a week limit for that Alliance Raid. Orbonne is min 355, gives 390 and is still 1 a week. Doing runs for Tomes of Mendacity also works. Once you hit 355, do Alphascape runs too.

Weapons though... you COULD grind the fuck out of Heaven on High, get +100 Aether, and get an Empyrean weapon. You could also grind out Mendacity for a Ryumaku weapon. The fastest option might be to grind The Ministral's Ballad: Tsukumoyi's Pain if you hit the minimum ilvl for that. Or just skip all that nonsense and buy a 380 Rakasha weapon from the marketboard.

I had no idea that there was a housing timer on top of saving for a house and then having to find a plot for sale.

So gross.
Because there is a limited number of houses and apartments available, they kind of need the housing timer. Keeps houses not currently being used from being hoarded by people who aren't playing. The timer is pretty generous too, something like 45 days since last time someone clicked on the door.

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

That timer is super generous. The housing timer I ran into last night was that there was an open plot of land and « it wasn’t yet available for purchase ». A bunch of us were there spamming it for ages waiting for the timer on newly available land to randomly expire so one of us could buy it.

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

That timer is super generous. The housing timer I ran into last night was that there was an open plot of land and « it wasn’t yet available for purchase ». A bunch of us were there spamming it for ages waiting for the timer on newly available land to randomly expire so one of us could buy it.
This is one of the reasons it's generally worth the time and expense to just send messages to house owners, see if they would be willing to sell the plot (they get their money back if they pull out) and then working with a broker to make it happen. I know that's what my FC did for our house.

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

Would I not have the same issue then? Wouldn’t there still be a timer for when I’m able to buy the land?

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

Would I not have the same issue then? Wouldn’t there still be a timer for when I’m able to buy the land?
If they abandon the land, I believe it immediately goes up for sale.

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

But it has that random timer too so anyone could sneak up and grab the plot event if you paid the owner to vacate?

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

But it has that random timer too so anyone could sneak up and grab the plot event if you paid the owner to vacate?
Ahh. Right. *shrug* Buying houses is hit or miss. If you can't sit there for... 6-22+ hours, you might be out of luck for buying a house. The timer thing was added in explicitly because people where buying/selling plots like I mentioned because it was the easiest way to get a plot. We got our FC house long before they put the timer in.

Eriol

Eriol

To hit 360, I recommend doing Ridornana Lighthouse and Orbonne Monastery from the Ivalice Raid series. Lighthouse is Min Ilvl 335, gives you 360 and I believe they just removed the 1 piece a week limit for that Alliance Raid. Orbonne is min 355, gives 390 and is still 1 a week. Doing runs for Tomes of Mendacity also works. Once you hit 355, do Alphascape runs too.
I was literally in a Deltascape queue for 40 minutes as DPS before giving up. The whole point is to avoid that need. The alliance raid suggestions may work.
Weapons though... you COULD grind the fuck out of Heaven on High, get +100 Aether, and get an Empyrean weapon. You could also grind out Mendacity for a Ryumaku weapon. The fastest option might be to grind The Ministral's Ballad: Tsukumoyi's Pain if you hit the minimum ilvl for that. Or just skip all that nonsense and buy a 380 Rakasha weapon from the marketboard.
You can't grind out Mendacity for a Ryumaku weapon. As I said above, you NEED stuff from Alphascape to get the "special" tomestone to buy the weapon. You can't just use a bunch of Mendacity. If I'm wrong, please point out the correct procedure. See here for how it needs 10 tokens (fine, that's 1000 tomestones) and 1 "Prototype Tomestone" which you need: 4 Sigmascape Crystalloids.

Please tell me more about the Rakshasa weapons... crafted? I'll have to look up on the market how much they usually are. Hopefully semi-reasonable.

Any more info on Eureka? Is it purely for grinding for 70+ gear, but no exp?

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

I was literally in a Deltascape queue for 40 minutes as DPS before giving up. The whole point is to avoid that need. The alliance raid suggestions may work.

You can't grind out Mendacity for a Ryumaku weapon. As I said above, you NEED stuff from Alphascape to get the "special" tomestone to buy the weapon. You can't just use a bunch of Mendacity. If I'm wrong, please point out the correct procedure. See here for how it needs 10 tokens (fine, that's 1000 tomestones) and 1 "Prototype Tomestone" which you need: 4 Sigmascape Crystalloids.

Please tell me more about the Rakshasa weapons... crafted? I'll have to look up on the market how much they usually are. Hopefully semi-reasonable.

Any more info on Eureka? Is it purely for grinding for 70+ gear, but no exp?
You're right about Mendacity. I keep forgetting you need the tomestone too... though when Shadowbringers hits, they'll probably just make all of it buyable with poetics so people can catch up fast.

Rakshasa weapons and gear are indeed crafted. I would expect to pay at least 400k gil for one, if not more. That's a reasonable price for a near top-tier weapon that doesn't involve completing any content. You'd have to complete Alphascape SAVAGE for anything better.

I also mentioned Tsukuyomi's Pain: the fight drops weapons. If you can do it well, it's an option. Look for people doing Dog farms on Party Finder for this fight if you want an easy group.

As for Eureka... it would take you less time to get the the Sigmascape Crystalloids (which are guarnteed drops for all players in it's fight but it might still be one a week) than it would to grind through Eureka's shit content for it's relic weapon. Unless you really, REALLY liked grinding in FFXI, you will not like Eureka. It's going to go the way of the Diadem unless it gets a massive nerf.

Once you've hit high enough for the last dungeon, you're going to want to grind a full set from that. Last MSQ fight has a... I wanna say 370 minimum iLvl.

Eriol

Eriol

Rakshasa weapons and gear are indeed crafted. I would expect to pay at least 400k gil for one, if not more. That's a reasonable price for a near top-tier weapon that doesn't involve completing any content. You'd have to complete Alphascape SAVAGE for anything better.
I can afford that for my main, and the scholar half too. I hope it's a similar price on my server.

By the time I get another character up to 70, it's likely that Shadowbringers will be out, and I'll be able to either buy whatever vendor gear they have to get people "to the new content" or poetics, so not an issue. I may look into the HoH stuff when that alt comes too. One weird thing is that at least 1 wiki says it only drains 10 (one zero, not one-hundred) levels to get a weapon out of it. I thought it was a typo on one website, but I've seen it on two different ones now. You just need to clear to 30 and have 10? 100 I'd guess was accurate, but 10? That seems low. Thoughts?

Thanks Ash!

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

I've honestly never pulled one from HoH, as I'd already had an upgraded Scaevan weapon for my main class by that point. I know it took 30 then 60 to get the Padjal and Kenna weapons from the previous Deep Dungeon.

I'll check for sure when I get home.

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

I can afford that for my main, and the scholar half too. I hope it's a similar price on my server.

By the time I get another character up to 70, it's likely that Shadowbringers will be out, and I'll be able to either buy whatever vendor gear they have to get people "to the new content" or poetics, so not an issue. I may look into the HoH stuff when that alt comes too. One weird thing is that at least 1 wiki says it only drains 10 (one zero, not one-hundred) levels to get a weapon out of it. I thought it was a typo on one website, but I've seen it on two different ones now. You just need to clear to 30 and have 10? 100 I'd guess was accurate, but 10? That seems low. Thoughts?

Thanks Ash!
Checked it out. So it takes 10 aether levels to make a grip and you need 10 grips to make a weapon, so yes... it takes 100 levels. You just don't need them all at once.

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

I found another lot for sale today. This time in Lavender Beds. There was a crowd at the Placard, so it must have been up for a while. I stayed and clicked as long as I could, but I have to work, so I’ll check when I get home. The timer can be as long as 22 hours which is brutal for the guys waiting.

I don’t know why there is never a free plot in Mist?

I’ve found three plots now over four days which isn’t terrible. The number of people wanting them is discouraging though.

Bubble181

Bubble181

The idea that lots are only for sale if you can camp out for 22 hours is ridiculous.

Eriol

Eriol

Checked it out. So it takes 10 aether levels to make a grip and you need 10 grips to make a weapon, so yes... it takes 100 levels. You just don't need them all at once.
That's likely what'll happen for an alt job then, but blew the money on it for my main. About the price you said, should be good. My gear level went from 340 to 355 just from that one piece. Probably one more genesis piece, and 1-2 others and I should be over 360.

Given the holidays, I'll likely be able to grind out the tomestones I need for the rest of the gear to get through the final dungeon. But I don't need to grind Deltascape (40+ minute queues, EACH) for the weapon! Woot! I'm definitely going to look into what the crafted gear is like too, as I'd rather blow more money on that than grind a LOT. I still like dungeons, but I don't want to LIVE in there either. And what else is money good for really? Amassing it means nothing if you don't get utility/enjoyment out of it so I'd rather spend it on the ability to finish the main quest.

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

The idea that lots are only for sale if you can camp out for 22 hours is ridiculous.
Completely. I want land, but I also want to keep my job so I can feed my family.
Post automatically merged:

I should point out that it’s between 10 minutes and 22 hours.

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

That's likely what'll happen for an alt job then, but blew the money on it for my main. About the price you said, should be good. My gear level went from 340 to 355 just from that one piece. Probably one more genesis piece, and 1-2 others and I should be over 360.

Given the holidays, I'll likely be able to grind out the tomestones I need for the rest of the gear to get through the final dungeon. But I don't need to grind Deltascape (40+ minute queues, EACH) for the weapon! Woot! I'm definitely going to look into what the crafted gear is like too, as I'd rather blow more money on that than grind a LOT. I still like dungeons, but I don't want to LIVE in there either. And what else is money good for really? Amassing it means nothing if you don't get utility/enjoyment out of it so I'd rather spend it on the ability to finish the main quest.
My advice? Take up a tank/healer side class. You mentioned doing Scholar? That wouldn't be a bad choice. Your line time will go from 40 to none/5 minutes and you can greed for stuff for your main class.

It's what I do when I want to gear up my main job late in the expansion.

Terrik

Terrik

My advice? Take up a tank/healer side class. You mentioned doing Scholar? That wouldn't be a bad choice. Your line time will go from 40 to none/5 minutes and you can greed for stuff for your main class.

It's what I do when I want to gear up my main job late in the expansion.
So how long does leveling up a 2nd job take, more or less?

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

My second, fishing, is already higher than Summoner lol. The Road to 60 is awesome.

Dei

Dei

So how long does leveling up a 2nd job take, more or less?
It took me a couple of days, you get a huge bonus on top of the server bonus.

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

It took me a couple of days, you get a huge bonus on top of the server bonus.
Plus there are various ways to give more XP, like FC Actions, several special items, food buffs, and such. I get +200% xp from 1-25 from items and armory bonus alone.

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

There is a ring you get in the MSQ called the Best Ring or something that gives a huge exp boost sub-30.

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

For me it's like...
+100% from Armoury Bonus til 60 (it's 50% from then on)
+50% from Rested XP (log out in a major city or house to acquire rest XP)
+30% from Aetheryte Earring (from pre-order of Shadowbringers, good til 61 I think?)
+30% from Brand New Ring til 30 (from completing Training Hall at lvl 15)
+20% from Friendhsip Circlet til 25 (from Recruit a Friend campaign)
+15% from Squadron Battle Manual (from GC Squadron stuff)
+10% from Free company action Heat of Battle II (Buy it from OIC Quartermaster, then use from Company actions option on FC menu)
+3% from food buffs
for +258% total xp from 1-25, with lowered gains from then on. This only applies to enemy kills, but enemy kills in dungeons are worth a shit-ton so it makes grinding dungeons get you multiple levels a dungeon.

So no... leveling up is quick once you've got a high level character.

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

Speaking of recruit a friend, I can be recruited :D

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

I just logged in, the land was bought while I was at work :(

Terrik

Terrik

Huh, I wasn't expecting unlocking Samurai to start me at level 50 and give me a whole bag of gear. Huh. Its a little tempting to switch over from monk

Dirona

Dirona

ffxiv_04192019_211753_699.png

I'm back playing! At least for a free week anyways.

64 White Mage
60 Scholar
60 Summoner
a few misc. other low level classes

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

Huh, I wasn't expecting unlocking Samurai to start me at level 50 and give me a whole bag of gear. Huh. Its a little tempting to switch over from monk
I love samurai, but it doesn't start really unlocking all the cool toys until 60. The same holds true for red mage

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

Looking good @Dirona, my cat sister!

This is me, waiting for a queue. For what I think is the final instance before Heavensward. Although, I keep thinking I’m almost there and the quests keep on coming.
1FEB478F-C2E6-4F12-8F17-BC8D2E0404F1.jpeg

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

Looking good @Dirona, my cat sister!

This is me, waiting for a queue. For what I think is the final instance before Heavensward. Although, I keep thinking I’m almost there and the quests keep on coming.
View attachment 30538
That fight is really fun. Stay in front of the dragon, always be moving, and try not to get stepped on

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

41 minute queue so far...here’s hoping some people want to avoid being squished with me :)

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

The fight went really well, so the queue was worth it.

I’m done with ARR totally now and in Ishgard. Those cut scenes were brutal!

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

The fight went really well, so the queue was worth it.

I’m done with ARR totally now and in Ishgard. Those cut scenes were brutal!
It's not even the most brutal stuff you'll see!

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

Well, it was sad. I won’t say anymore.

On thé plus side, on bought a wired keyboard!! With 15 feet of cord. I was having issues with the cordless ones at that distance.

Terrik

Terrik

The ultima dungeon cutscenes were some of the longest I've seen so far. Holy crap. It just didnt want to end.

Also, where are all the monks? I can't walk two feet without tripping over a Dragoon, Darknight or Bard, but it's a rare event to see another Monk. A ran into another level 50 Monk in the field, and he was like, "JUN JUN! MONK! HEY!". When I was running a dungeon with my brother last night, I had a guy literally ask what my class was.

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

The ultima dungeon cutscenes were some of the longest I've seen so far. Holy crap. It just didnt want to end.

Also, where are all the monks? I can't walk two feet without tripping over a Dragoon, Darknight or Bard, but it's a rare event to see another Monk. A ran into another level 50 Monk in the field, and he was like, "JUN JUN! MONK! HEY!". When I was running a dungeon with my brother last night, I had a guy literally ask what my class was.
Monk isn't super popular right now because it's kind of a mess. Why would you use anything but Flame outside of a city? How often do you Tornado kick? Have you seen the Monk rotation? It's -21- moves.

It sort of needs a rework from the ground-up, kind of like Mechanist.

Terrik

Terrik

Guess I never compared it anything. I've had zero issues so far. I dont know how other people fight with Monk, but generally I do:

Dragonkick -> One IIm punch -> Snap Punch -> Steel Peak -> Howling Fist -> Dragon kick -> Twin Snakes for dmg buff -> Demolish -> Dragon kick -> One IIm punch -> Snap Punch -> Activate Internal Release -> and go wild. Positioning isnt bad since Dragon kick, Twin Snakes, Snap punch all use side positioning for their bonus damage. Plus the debuffs and buffs are nice.

Dirona

Dirona

Saw a new thing in a dungeon today. The healer, at level 50, was a conjurer and had never heard of white mage or knew what that was or how to become one.
Yikes.

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

Wow and I thought I had a few blonde moments....

Terrik

Terrik

So do you you rank up from 2nd Lt.? I wasn't really given any guidance. Do I need to advance the storyline more? Also saw something online about a squad level, but I haven't see anything about that yet.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

So do you you rank up from 2nd Lt.? I wasn't really given any guidance. Do I need to advance the storyline more? Also saw something online about a squad level, but I haven't see anything about that yet.
Talk to the vendors at your grand company place, one will have the option to request promotion, and you buy it with seals

Terrik

Terrik

Talk to the vendors at your grand company place, one will have the option to request promotion, and you buy it with seals
Yeah that part i know, but im told there are no longer any promotions available. I ranked up through all the enlisted ranks and made 2nd Lt.. i wanted to see what the requirements to get to 1st were so I could start making my way to captain, and i got the message "Maelstrom recognizes your service, but there are no more promotions available".

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

I raced to 2nd Lt so I’d be eligible for housing. They gave me my squad and I’ve been farting around. I have no clue what I’m doing with them.

It’s likely tied to them.

I just googled. We can’t buy any more ranks. And good news! We don’t have to pay any more seals for promotions!

Bad news, we need to keep paying them to send our guys out.

In order to reach 1st Lt your squad must successfully complete Crystal Recovery. It’s evidently a flagged mission.

In order to reach Captain, your squad must successfully compete Sapper Strike. It’s also flagged.

Terrik

Terrik

When do I get a squad?

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

Upon promotion to officer/1st Lt. In Ul’dah the door to the instances room is right next to the counter where you get promoted.

Terrik

Terrik

Upon promotion to officer/1st Lt. In Ul’dah the door to the instances room is right next to the counter where you get promoted.
Odd....Ill look into it when I get home. Got some teeth to drill today. Finished the quest line to get my artifact weapon though this morning. What a long pain that was.

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

I raced to 2nd Lt so I’d be eligible for housing. They gave me my squad and I’ve been farting around. I have no clue what I’m doing with them.

It’s likely tied to them.

I just googled. We can’t buy any more ranks. And good news! We don’t have to pay any more seals for promotions!

Bad news, we need to keep paying them to send our guys out.

In order to reach 1st Lt your squad must successfully complete Crystal Recovery. It’s evidently a flagged mission.

In order to reach Captain, your squad must successfully compete Sapper Strike. It’s also flagged.
It's a little more complicated than this.

First, you need to be 2nd Lt. Then you need to complete the quest "Squadron and Commander", which requires you to be lvl. 47 or higher as a DoW/DoM. Look for it at your GC HQ.

From then, you need to recruit your squad. This requires you to do stuff to get a random recruit. Once you have enough to make a squad, you train them and send them on missions. Keep doing this until you complete "Crystal Recovery" with your squad. This will take a few days/weeks.

Eventually you'll unlock Command Missions. These involve you going into dungeons with three members of your Squad and doing a normal dungeon run. You need to do 5 different dungeons this way. This will unlock "Sapper Strike", which you can then complete for the final (current) rank.

All of this costs you GC Seals, so make sure you can fund it. But once you hit 45/50 with your team, you can do missions that give you high quality buffs to XP and such like your Free company can, so it's not JUST a Seals sink.

Odd....Ill look into it when I get home. Got some teeth to drill today. Finished the quest line to get my artifact weapon though this morning. What a long pain that was.
Doing the Zodiac weapons questline is a nightmare. The Anima weapons from Heavensward is much easier and more straightforward, I find.

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

I lucked out today on server transfer day and am now a homeowner in Mist.

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

Beachfront Baby!!

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

I learned how to paint/dye it :)

9AF5523F-2EEC-4028-A547-6ADEB63C8BDB.jpeg

Now, what I’m thinking is super cute and all, the dude next door is probably all « ew, wtf is going on next door?! »

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

I learned how to paint/dye it :)

Now, what I’m thinking is super cute and all, the dude next door is probably all « ew, wtf is going on next door?! »
And he probably has a paissa or chocobo style house, so fuck'em!

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

I don’t even know what those are!

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

I’m officially a recruited subscriber now. If anyone here hasn’t signed up yet and would like to be recruited for some bonuses for each of us, please let me know :)

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

My fishing outfit.

F9C2168C-6240-4DB6-A22B-DE6351E3CF8E.png

Dirona

Dirona

I got to level 70 white mage! And I'm sooo close to finishing the base Stormblood story line.

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

Congrats! Both of those are a ton of work.

I’m somewhere early Heavensward.

I’ve just entered Dravania. Im looking forward to this because i believe the Moogle tribe is here. I’d like to be a Pom Friend :)

In other, truly just my luck news, some FC members and I were fighting Extreme Garuda over and over for mounts and I won Nightmare. My inventory was full so it said that « I was unable to obtain the Nightmare Whistle ». Suuuuuuuucks.

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

Here’s a question. I think I’d like to work on a healer once I’ve leveled my Summoner. Should I give Scholar a try since it will already be leveled (I got my soul crystal) or is White Mage better?

Eriol

Eriol

Here’s a question. I think I’d like to work on a healer once I’ve leveled my Summoner. Should I give Scholar a try since it will already be leveled (I got my soul crystal) or is White Mage better?
Scholar is good. I main summoner, so I grabbed some gear and went at it with scholar for quick queues. Or if you're in Heavensward, you could try Astralogian out, as it starts at 30. AST plays very differently than scholar or WHM though.

Ask @Dirona about how WHM plays, as she mains that.

Dirona

Dirona

White mage is pretty much a pure healer - yes we can deal decent damage, but the build it built around heals with a cast time, both single target and AE. For pure amount of healing possible, I believe that white mage is technically better.
Scholar is a bit different - you have a healing pet that in the early levels does a lot of the work for you, and in later levels it is built more around shields I believe, rather than healing per se.

I play both, both are fun.

But if I was in your shoes, I'd try out scholar first because leveling alts is, IMO, boring.

Dei

Dei

I've played both to 50 and both seemed fine, but playing to 50 doesn't really mean much (and I've played so many healers in MMOs that they all seem the same to me at this point). At your level though, be sure your pet's abilities are set to manual when you heal or else your healing friend will just blow their cooldowns at dumb times. Did you do the Scholar quests yet?

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

I’ve done the early ones. I’m currently on the level 50 class gear and didn’t feel it was relevant as anything I buy in Ishgard will be better.

Once I’m 70 on Summoner, I can go back to them for sure.

Eriol

Eriol

I’ve done the early ones. I’m currently on the level 50 class gear and didn’t feel it was relevant as anything I buy in Ishgard will so incredibly outclass that as to be stupid.

Once I’m 70 on Summoner, I can go back to them for sure.
FTFY

Same with the 60 class gear. Just replace it with 255 gear from a merchant.

Anybody who's played between expansions before have insight as to when they'll do that for 70 gear and move all the current stuff to poetics?

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

FTFY

Same with the 60 class gear. Just replace it with 255 gear from a merchant.

Anybody who's played between expansions before have insight as to when they'll do that for 70 gear and move all the current stuff to poetics?
Probably not directly at launch. They don't want to jam the new content like what happened with Stormblood last time, where it was hundreds of people in a single instance all trying to click on an NPC to advance their quests and crashing. But not too soon after ether.

Eriol

Eriol

Probably not directly at launch. They don't want to jam the new content like what happened with Stormblood last time, where it was hundreds of people in a single instance all trying to click on an NPC to advance their quests and crashing. But not too soon after ether.
I remember hearing about that! And how people started forming lines and stuff on their own in self-regulation: https://www.neogaf.com/threads/ffxi...r-players-forming-lines-to-do-quests.1393123/ and Kotaku: https://kotaku.com/final-fantasy-xiv-s-new-expansion-off-to-a-predictably-1796183963

But wasn't the 255 lvl 60 gear gil-purchasable BEFORE Stormblood came out? Or am I remembering wrong?

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

I remember hearing about that! And how people started forming lines and stuff on their own in self-regulation: https://www.neogaf.com/threads/ffxi...r-players-forming-lines-to-do-quests.1393123/ and Kotaku: https://kotaku.com/final-fantasy-xiv-s-new-expansion-off-to-a-predictably-1796183963

But wasn't the 255 lvl 60 gear gil-purchasable BEFORE Stormblood came out? Or am I remembering wrong?
No, it wasn't. You needed 230 for Baelsar's Wall though, which required (at least) Eikon gear which required Lore tomestones (which are no long in use). The Level 60 gil gear came out with stormblood.

Eriol

Eriol

No, it wasn't. You needed 230 for Baelsar's Wall though, which required (at least) Eikon gear which required Lore tomestones (which are no long in use). The Level 60 gil gear came out with stormblood.
So it's basically going to be the same with Shadowbringers, how The Ghimlyt Dark requires 360, but the Genesis tomes give 390, so at release of Shadowbringers they're going to release some type of "white tier" gil gear that's 385?

And btw, I found The Ghimlyt Dark way easier than The Burn. The Mist Dragon at the end has a rough DPS check with the heads. You can survive it even if you don't make said check, but the fight sucks with all the getting frozen, and "luck-based" if you can get out of the way of some of the big AEs. Whereas those two soldiers at the end of The Ghimlyt Dark always seemed like pushovers. Ya the telegraph fades quick, but it's there. The only hard part about that fight IMO is avoiding the stupid canisters you can't push around.

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

So it's basically going to be the same with Shadowbringers, how The Ghimlyt Dark requires 360, but the Genesis tomes give 390, so at release of Shadowbringers they're going to release some type of "white tier" gil gear that's 385?

And btw, I found The Ghimlyt Dark way easier than The Burn. The Mist Dragon at the end has a rough DPS check with the heads. You can survive it even if you don't make said check, but the fight sucks with all the getting frozen, and "luck-based" if you can get out of the way of some of the big AEs. Whereas those two soldiers at the end of The Ghimlyt Dark always seemed like pushovers. Ya the telegraph fades quick, but it's there. The only hard part about that fight IMO is avoiding the stupid canisters you can't push around.
Ghimlyt Dark isn't difficult. A Requiem For Heroes DPS check is hard, especially since you have to do the first fight perfectly and THEN do the DPS check fight. I have 379 on my Red Mage and it was fairly difficult.

EDIT: for anybody who has the non-steam version, Square is giving away Heavensward for free if you don't already own it through buying Stormblood.

Eriol

Eriol

Spent an hour in The Burn last night with guildmates. They don't know how to dance very well. So by the time the post-mist phase came, the healer couldn't keep up, and was dying themselves frequently.

IMO Mist Dragon is hardest boss this expansion in the dungeons. Just kept throwing Rime Wreath every 10 seconds or so, and healer was getting murdered by the AEs they couldn't stay out of.

How do you tell your guildmates "btw man, you suck at movement"?

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

Honestly, they know.

Dirona

Dirona

What Ash said.
If you suck at movement mechanics, you know it. Especially as a healer.

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

I can fly in three zones in Heavensward now. I have to say that it is lovely to not be restricted any more. I didn’t pick up all the optional aether current quests first time through. I’ll be more on top of that going forward.

I’ve now decided to set learning how to garden property as a goal. I screwed up my first few attempts.

I would also love to get a medium plot one day. Very far into the future lol. I’ve kind of crammed my place to bursting.

Terrik

Terrik

Now get to Ishgard and tell us how long it took
Man you guys weren't kidding. Nearly a month

ffxiv_05102019_105037_444.png

Finally starting Heavensward

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

Letter from the Producer regarding Race decisions and Job stuff for Shadowbringers.

As you play through Shadowbringers, you’ll learn that both male Viera and female Hrothgar exist. While you won’t meet any in person, if we developers can find a way to address the various problems which are preventing us from implementing them, then perhaps someday you’ll be able to see them for yourself. I want to be clear that this does not mean it will eventually happen, and that I cannot make any promises at this time. I hope you will understand and bear with us.
Blegh... this really makes me feel like they should have just not done Au Ra for Heavensward. That the choice was due to technical limitations really doesn't change the fact that they really didn't understand how big of it deal it was going to be outside of Japan to not have both genders for both races and that this caught them off-guard, when they already went through this for Roes and Miqote in 1.0 and their counterparts in FF11.

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

Yesterday was a happy day. Look what my retainer brought me!!

B1F495F5-272B-47DD-8A23-67E3ED642039.jpeg

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

PatrThom

PatrThom

It’s like a Rollin’ Wild kitty!

—Patrick

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

Quick tip, you can /beckon at most pets to get them to come to you

Dirona

Dirona

So... story time.

Main story trial. Eriol has been bitching about it for some time, I've been putting it off as a result, finally suck it up and say, "ya, I'll heal that."

You get 60mins to complete the trial.
Group of 8. 3 peoples' first time, myself included.

There are some tricky mechanics, but they're not that horrendous.
We wipe a few times - OK, there's some new folks, it takes a bit to get the feel of the various phases of the fight, I can work with that. But even I'm not dying to movement mechanics, and I suck at those as a rule.
We wipe again. And again. And again. I rez so. many. dps. I healer limit break on more than one occasion (full heals and full rez for all).

On the 7th (or was it 8th?) attempt, with less than 10mins left on the timer we make our definitely last go of it.
20 seconds left. Eriol (the tank) calls for limit break.
10 seconds left. The boss finally dies.

Oy vey.

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

Dear god, dare I ask what trial???

I’m so scared.

I finally finished HW and am now working on the patches. I’m also working on earning the cash to upgrade to a medium house. So just to taunt me, a medium in the place I want one becomes available tonight. So mean.

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

I used it as motivation! Some tool is under-cuttting my usual money maker, so I crafted a ton of housing stuff and have a ton of stuff on the market. If it all sells, I could have my house upgrade.

It will take time.

Dirona

Dirona

Dear god, dare I ask what trial???
I forget the name of the boss herself, but it's post-70 Stormblood, patch name "Under the Moonlight". IIRC.

And TBH, it's really not that bad of a fight. But that particular run of it was definitely a Thing.

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

What data centre and world are you on? I’m on Crystal, maybe we ca visit?

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

I forget the name of the boss herself, but it's post-70 Stormblood, patch name "Under the Moonlight". IIRC.

And TBH, it's really not that bad of a fight. But that particular run of it was definitely a Thing.
Tsukiyomi and yeah, she's a bit of a stumbling block for some players (though not as bad as the Royal Menagerie). I've done it on Extreme... it CAN get worse.

Eriol

Eriol

Tsukiyomi and yeah, she's a bit of a stumbling block for some players (though not as bad as the Royal Menagerie). I've done it on Extreme... it CAN get worse.
A.K.A. Castrum Fluminis

"Fun" fact: you can do Passage of Arms prior to the "ghosts" phase for the AE for that, and it'll be back up JUST as the post-ghosts AE hits, so you can use it then too. There were enough attempts to learn this fact.

That fight has always been a shitshow for me. Both first time on DPS, and the other time I got it randomly in a roulette. And then this time.

I am NOT talking to that fucking bard for the extreme version. He can shove those totems up his (CENSORED). I'm buying weapons from the market. I have the money, it's worth it.

Dirona

Dirona

I got my first alt (Summoner/Scholar) to 70 today! Yay!

Now I can got back and work on Botany and my Machinist.

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

I am in Stormblood now finally. I had thought I was done Heavensward after a certain lengthy cutscene, but not quite.

I also lost my new player Sprout :) I think I’m still one at heart as I haven’t been playing that long, but it’s nice to no longer have.

Now, it’s on to unlock the final housing area and try to find a medium house!

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

I am in Stormblood now finally. I had thought I was done Heavensward after a certain lengthy cutscene, but not quite.

I also lost my new player Sprout :) I think I’m still one at heart as I haven’t been playing that long, but it’s nice to no longer have.

Now, it’s on to unlock the final housing area and try to find a medium house!
Kugane is almost ALWAYS completely full. It's been that way since Stormblood launched.

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

On our server, things were weird after the server transfer and there was the occasional medium that I saw.

Now, there is maybe one small at a time in all of Lavender and Mist. Maybe. The Goblet has tons of smalls including some discounted down to 1.9mil.

I’m concerned that I missed my window to get a medium easily in the post server transfer confusion. I didn’t have the cash though.

So, now I wait for an auto demolition.

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

I have access to the fourth housing area. No medium plots have been available yet, but at least I have access.

This has been quite a push for me in the main story. I’m hoping to find the medium soon so I can spend some time decorating :D

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

I got super lucky tonight. I’ve been checking the housing tabs on each board quite often today. Demolished homes that are victims of the timer are freed up on the hour so I check right at the top of the hour and a few minutes after midnight, a Medium was available in Shirogane and I can afford it. I can’t afford a high end medium lot yet, so the fact that this one wasn’t at the top of the price range was very fortunate for me.

I race over on my Fatter Cat and get lost, end up in the Subdivision (somehow?!?) and erase my hotkey for my mount and still get there before the other guy running that way on a mount.

I now have a Medium next to a waterfall and a market board and the goal of making it as pink as possible :D

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

I got super lucky tonight. I’ve been checking the housing tabs on each board quite often today. Demolished homes that are victims of the timer are freed up on the hour so I check right at the top of the hour and a few minutes after midnight, a Medium was available in Shirogane and I can afford it. I can’t afford a high end medium lot yet, so the fact that this one wasn’t at the top of the price range was very fortunate for me.

I race over on my Fatter Cat and get lost, end up in the Subdivision (somehow?!?) and erase my hotkey for my mount and still get there before the other guy running that way on a mount.

I now have a Medium next to a waterfall and a market board and the goal of making it as pink as possible :D
Nice catch! My FC has a small in Mist, beach front and next to the marketboard.

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

Thanks! It wasn’t up for more than five minutes.

The inside is pretty sparse, but I’ve made actual rooms upstairs.

Nice catch! My FC has a small in Mist, beach front and next to the marketboard.
I know that lot, it’s gorgeous!

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

I just want you guys to know that I'm lookin' fly as hell.

PatrThom

PatrThom

This looks like a still from the all-male version of POP/STARS.

--Patrick

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

Did some treasure maps recently...

ffxiv_05262019_201925_751.png

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

Loving the hat!

Eriol

Eriol

Got through the non-savage Stormblood 8-man raiding this weekend. Omega down!

I've glanced at the savage versions. Eep? Honestly, doesn't seem worth it, as all the gear will be trivialized by Shadowbringers anyways, so I'd rather raise alts up anyways! I think I'll have more fun that way.

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

@Ravenpoe are you joining the FC glamour contest?

On a different topic, I tried PoTD the other day. It was a lot of fun! I’m going to try and get 50 cleared soon. I was told that once I get I cleared once, I can go back on any class.

Eriol

Eriol

On a different topic, I tried PoTD the other day. It was a lot of fun! I’m going to try and get 50 cleared soon. I was told that once I get I cleared once, I can go back on any class.
Palace of the Dead (PotD) as well as Heaven on High (HoH) don't work exactly like that. What happens is that you have 2 "save slots" for each of those. You can either reset and enter at level 1, or you can queue as what you were in as last time using that slot. The difference though is that once you've cleared level 50, you can enter in again AT floor 50 even with a fresh file. And you enter at floor 50 as a full level 60 class as well, even if the class itself is only level 2! Whereas if you enter at 1, you are level 1 as well. So you can go back "on any class" at any time no matter what, you're just starting at level 1 is all.

Heaven on High is similar, except you must be 61 on a class to enter it, and you start at 60. Then when you clear level 30, you can re-enter at level 21, as a 70. And supposedly if you want to go higher than 30, you can only do that with premade parties (I'm fuzzy on this point). Also to get into HoH you need to have cleared the Ruby Sea part of the MSQ, even though you are literally outside of the tower as part of that questline. You don't get the entry quests until you've gotten through that zone on the Main Quest.

On MSQ topic, everybody here "finished" as far as possible? I know Squids is (probably) lower, but everybody else ready to bum rush the expansion as soon as it drops?

Terrik

Terrik

Palace of the Dead (PotD) as well as Heaven on High (HoH) don't work exactly like that. What happens is that you have 2 "save slots" for each of those. You can either reset and enter at level 1, or you can queue as what you were in as last time using that slot. The difference though is that once you've cleared level 50, you can enter in again AT floor 50 even with a fresh file. And you enter at floor 50 as a full level 60 class as well, even if the class itself is only level 2! Whereas if you enter at 1, you are level 1 as well. So you can go back "on any class" at any time no matter what, you're just starting at level 1 is all.

Heaven on High is similar, except you must be 61 on a class to enter it, and you start at 60. Then when you clear level 30, you can re-enter at level 21, as a 70. And supposedly if you want to go higher than 30, you can only do that with premade parties (I'm fuzzy on this point). Also to get into HoH you need to have cleared the Ruby Sea part of the MSQ, even though you are literally outside of the tower as part of that questline. You don't get the entry quests until you've gotten through that zone on the Main Quest.

On MSQ topic, everybody here "finished" as far as possible? I know Squids is (probably) lower, but everybody else ready to bum rush the expansion as soon as it drops?
I'm not finished with Stormblood MSQs, but im trying.

School just started up again..so....=(

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

You MUST be in a pre-made to do PotD 101-200 or HoH 30+, but that pre-made can be just you if you want. Doing 1-200 solo in PotD gets you the "Necromancer" title, which is sort of -the- market of achievement since people started selling Ultimate Binding Coil and Ultimate Ultima runs.

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

I’m at level 64 SB quests. I did a big rush last week on MSQ so I could have access to Shirogane housing, which worked out well for me :)

I have the HoH quests, but need to clear PoTD 50 first.

I don’t know if I’ll be done all the patches in time or not. I sure hope so!

I also really want to get my last few crafters to 50 in the next week or two before I lose “Road to 60”.

Eriol

Eriol

I’m at level 64 SB quests. I did a big rush last week on MSQ so I could have access to Shirogane housing, which worked out well for me :)

I have the HoH quests, but need to clear PoTD 50 first.

I don’t know if I’ll be done all the patches in time or not. I sure hope so!
Ask Dirona about this. She was at somewhere similar when she restarted, and is "done" now, so she'll be able to give you a better time estimate.

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

I got through floor 50 of PoTD last night. I wiped the first time on Edda. I had no idea what was going on.

The second time, no worries.

I’m lost on one MSQ quest. I keep getting there at night and getting lost lol trying to find the turn in.

Eriol

Eriol

I’m lost on one MSQ quest. I keep getting there at night and getting lost lol trying to find the turn in.
What's the name?

Hint: if it's the one on the Azim Steppe, the guy is on the hill over top of things. If you're looking underneath the cliff, he's on TOP of it. This quest: https://ffxiv.consolegameswiki.com/wiki/The_Search_for_Lord_Hien

Vertical considerations are a thing for many quests really.

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

I’m looking for a grave on a cliff. I just found yellow flowers.

The Ones We Leave Behind.

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

Is this the Heavensward post-thing or are you doing the post-Stormblood thing in The Lochs? If it's the Lochs thing, I think most of that is underground.

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

It’s in SB, level 64, The Ones we Leave Behind. It’s on a cliff, but I keep getting there at night. Grr.

Here I am in my carpentry gear, looking hard working I guess lol:

3226E917-3B30-4FA2-B6DA-867C15DD8544.png

Eriol

Eriol

... SNIP
It’s in SB, level 64, The Ones we Leave Behind. It’s on a cliff, but I keep getting there at night. Grr.
According to this link, you're supposed to find the flowers.

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

I’ve done that.

Eriol

Eriol

I’ve done that.
Then there's an NPC girl you take them to IIRC. But you may be past this already, it's been 24 hours.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

Make it rain event coming to the gold saucer. As someone who spends an absurd amount of time at the saucer, I want this playing when I walk in the hall that week:

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

Then there's an NPC girl you take them to IIRC. But you may be past this already, it's been 24 hours.
I went during the day and tried getting there from town rather than where I last saw her. No problems, and I’m further along now.

I also unlocked and completed three alliance raids for Moogle Books.

Eriol

Eriol

Any good "how to get into crafting" guides out there? I have a 19 weaver from way back when, and all I remember is an insane number of subcombines, and not being able to actually find all my raw materials in one easy place. Had me running all over Ul'dah to find crap. Any guide that says "you need 20 BLAH from HERE, and 10 BLAH from HERE" would be great to reduce running around.

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

Any good "how to get into crafting" guides out there? I have a 19 weaver from way back when, and all I remember is an insane number of subcombines, and not being able to actually find all my raw materials in one easy place. Had me running all over Ul'dah to find crap. Any guide that says "you need 20 BLAH from HERE, and 10 BLAH from HERE" would be great to reduce running around.
This will get you from 1-15.

You can get to WVR 15 in less than an hour if buy some Company-issue Engineering Scroll and complete your Crafting Log. The GC Scrolls, these can be bought from your GC’s supplier NPC. Below is a list of items needed to complete your crafting log from L1: Hempen Yarn – L15: Cotton Shepherds Slops.

Buy the following items:

• 62 Wind Shard
  • 77 Lightning Shard
  • 94 Undyed Hempen Cloth
  • 74 Hempen Yarn
  • 24 Undyed Cotton Cloth**
  • 21 Leather
  • 11 Cotton Yarn*
  • 9 Animal Sinew
  • 9 Straw
  • 7 Hard Leather
  • 6 Copper Ingot
  • 4 Moko Grass
  • 3 Cock Feather
  • 2 Cotton Boll
  • 2 Bronze Rivet
  • 1 Bronze Ingot
  • 1 Beast Sinew
  • 1 Carnation

The above Items can MOSTLY be found in the WVR Guild Supplier + Ul’dah Tradecraft Merchant.

The only other NPCs you need to buy from are these:

• ALC Guild Supplier (Ul’dah) – Cotton Yarn*
  • BSM / ARM Guild Supplier (Limsa) – Undyed Cotton Cloth**

After completing the shopping list above, activate your scroll and be 15++ quick!
After that... use this guide. Past 15, you ether need to get ingredients from the Market Board or go out and get them yourself. Some stuff can be bought from the ARR Beast Tribes (Sylphs, Kobolds, Amalja) once you've unlocked them (getting favor from them can unlock more) and this will USUALLY be cheaper than the marketboard but not always. But anything else will ether need to be gathered from Botany/Mining or bought.

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

I cheesed my way through quite a bit standing in front of the Slyph Vendor. The goblin vendor is for Alchemy etc

Also, get to 50 and a few days of Moogle dailies will get you to 60 with no purchased material. Maybe a few more days without Road to 60.

I’ve been leveling crafters to make house stuff because it would have cost too much otherwise. My FC has been amazing about crafting for free, but I hate asking all the time. My Goldsmithing was crazy fast especially letting the Moogles help. Once I’m Sworn, I hope I can still do their quests.

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

I cheesed my way through quite a bit standing in front of the Slyph Vendor. The goblin vendor is for Alchemy etc

Also, get to 50 and a few days of Moogle dailies will get you to 60 with no purchased material. Maybe a few more days without Road to 60.

I’ve been leveling crafters to make house stuff because it would have cost too much otherwise. My FC has been amazing about crafting for free, but I hate asking all the time. My Goldsmithing was crazy fast especially letting the Moogles help. Once I’m Sworn, I hope I can still do their quests.
You can do the quests still. Same with all beast tribes; they want you to be able to level alts and acquire currency still. Getting them to Allied (through the Beast Tribe Alliance quests once all the Beast Tribes in an expansion are Sworn/Blood Sworn) just maxes out the amount of XP they give per a quest. I think going from 60-70 takes maybe two weeks from just doing Namazu stuff?

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

My weaver hit 60 on the Moogle quests and her exp per quest dropped to 10,000 ish per. I got dressed as a Goldsmith around level 50 and it went back up to 250,000 ish times two with the Road to 60) per. I’ll double check the numbers when I go back today on my carpenter. I just hit 40.

3F52A870-C5BD-4BAC-96A0-E6351299CC48.jpeg

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

@Squidleybits Once you hit 60, you need to start doing Namazu Beast Tribe stuff to get good xp gain. XP goes...

15-50 Ixali
50-60 Moogles
60-70 Namazu

... and then whatever we get for it in Shadowbringers to do it from 70-80.

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

Awesome! Thank you. I only have really done the Moogle ones and unlocked a few other vendors. I’m 67 and a bit so I will look to unlock the others today. Thank you!

I am looking forward to help with 15-50.

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

Awesome! Thank you. I only have really done the Moogle ones and unlocked a few other vendors. I’m 67 and a bit so I will look to unlock the others today. Thank you!

I am looking forward to help with 15-50.
Unlocking Namazu is sort of... unlisted? You need to do two questlines in Yanxia: the one about the Namazu learning to become a merchant and the one about the wolfguy finding a job in the village. Once you've done those, you need to do the quest line involving both of them. After that, assuming you've reached the correct place in the story (I think you need to be in the Stormblood 4.x stuff), you'll find the Namazu beast tribe starting quest on the south side of the Azim Steppe.

It's a bit of a pain, but the story is hilarious and the XP gain is MONSTROUS.

Dirona

Dirona

Are there beast tribe quests for gatherers or just crafters?
I'm tired of doing leves on my botanist and would love a change of pace.

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

I just did the same one 17 times in a row on my carpenter. I’m sure even the levequest Guy was over it.

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

Are there beast tribe quests for gatherers or just crafters?
I'm tired of doing leves on my botanist and would love a change of pace.
Namazu Beast Tribe can be done as crafter or gathering, but until then... yeah, it's basically just grinding out leves, doing your collection log, doing turn-ins for Rowena and your Alliance, or doing Custom Deliveries. Once you hit 60, you can do Namazu ones and speed it along at a much faster pace.

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

My entry in to our FC Disney Glam contest:

7175A3A5-48DF-42B4-83B8-7B4C03FFFB6D.jpeg

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

My entry in to our FC Disney Glam contest:

View attachment 31556
Ok, so you're entering as the beast, but who is doing beauty?

Eriol

Eriol

After that... use this guide. Past 15, you ether need to get ingredients from the Market Board or go out and get them yourself. Some stuff can be bought from the ARR Beast Tribes (Sylphs, Kobolds, Amalja) once you've unlocked them (getting favor from them can unlock more) and this will USUALLY be cheaper than the marketboard but not always. But anything else will ether need to be gathered from Botany/Mining or bought.
You're still on NPC stuff until at least 25, but after that some beast I'm sure. Either way though, the Ixal is great if you aren't using your daily beast tribe allowances for something else. That's helped progress me more than Leves did (at least so far). Thanks for the link though, I've been following it.

Now something I remember hearing previously, but didn't see here is that it's beneficial to get at least a few different crafting classes to a minimal level because of cross-class skills. Any information about that? I couldn't find anything concrete.

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

Yoshi P did an interview recently about all the changes to healing classes and basically said that the current upcoming changes (i.e. most healers losing a bit of their dps kit, with SCH losing 90% of it) where basically because they felt that healers should only be healing in high level content and they weren't doing that. My only response to that is basically that 1.) DPSing during off-heal phases is fun and 2.) Healing was too powerful before, so we had plenty of time to add dps to the fight. Now healing is even more powerful so we're not going to be losing fights... but all healers can really do is spam 1-2 attacks now.

So apparently none of the devs main healer...

You're still on NPC stuff until at least 25, but after that some beast I'm sure. Either way though, the Ixal is great if you aren't using your daily beast tribe allowances for something else. That's helped progress me more than Leves did (at least so far). Thanks for the link though, I've been following it.

Now something I remember hearing previously, but didn't see here is that it's beneficial to get at least a few different crafting classes to a minimal level because of cross-class skills. Any information about that? I couldn't find anything concrete.
Get EVERYTHING to 15. Then you'll want...
- Steady Hand 2 from 37 CUL and probably Reclaim from 50 CUL, but Reclaim is more of a "Nice to have" thing.
- Byregot's Blessing from 50 CRP
- Ingenuity 2 from 50 BSM
- Innovation from 50 GSM

Mind you, I know the devs have been talking about redoing crafting soon and we have at least one live letter left before Shadowbringers launch so...

Eriol

Eriol

Get EVERYTHING to 15. Then you'll want...
- Steady Hand 2 from 37 CUL and probably Reclaim from 50 CUL, but Reclaim is more of a "Nice to have" thing.
- Byregot's Blessing from 50 CRP
- Ingenuity 2 from 50 BSM
- Innovation from 50 GSM

Mind you, I know the devs have been talking about redoing crafting soon and we have at least one live letter left before Shadowbringers launch so...
You just said get all to 15, then drop stuff on there that's from level 50? And what's useful to get to 15? And why? That's what I mean.

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

You just said get all to 15, then drop stuff on there that's from level 50? And what's useful to get to 15? And why? That's what I mean.
Getting to 15? You can honestly just spam stuff from the low levels (ingots/rings/cloth/etc). Every class has SOMETHING you can make that is basically ether just one ingredient or two cheap ones. For instance, I made lots of bronze/iron ingots and rings/plates for BSM and ARM, lots of salted fish for CUL, lots of cloth for WVR, etc. The investment for mats isn't that much (though you may want to buy shards from the MB) and you can speed this up quite a bit with Company-Issue Commercial Manuals 1-2 (+50% xp for 50-100k crafting xp) from your Grand Company Quartermaster and ether Helping Hand 1-3 from Free Company Actions (10-20% extra xp for crafting) or Squardron Engineering Manuals (20% extra xp for crafting for 120 minutes) from doing lvl 50 Squadron missions from your Grand Company. Just make sure you have plenty of crystal shards... you will go through quite a few. There really are no tricks required to get to lvl 15; you can literally do it the crafting guild hall if you want.

As for skills... That's just sort of how it is when it comes to craft skills for crafting. The stuff at 15 is the easiest and most important to get immediately, but the lvl 37 cross class skills are garbage except for Steady Hand 2 and Flawless Synth, so most of the "must haves" end up being at 50. It's badly designed and it's one of the things the devs want to address with the future crafting rework (that they haven't gone into yet, so might be awhile off or they might simply be waiting till next live letter).

To break down why ALL of this is important... for reference, Progress = Finishing the item, Quality = Chance for HQ, and Control = Stat for increasing Quality.

Rumination CRP 15: Gives you back CP for steps of Inner Quiet. This is great before you get Byregot's Blessing.
Byregot's Blessing CRP 50: This is key to doing high-end crafts. Build up stacks of Inner Quiet, then consume them with BB for an explosion of quality.
Ingenuity 15 BSM: Lowers the level of the recipe you're making for a few steps, making it easier to get Progress and Quality. Good for leveling.
Ingenuity 2 50 BSM: Like above, but better and used for tougher * crafts.
Rapid Synthesis 15 ARM: 250% progress but with a 50% chance and it's free. Combine with Steady Hand II and it can save your ass if you get hit with RNG too hard.
Piece by Piece 50 ARM: Completes 33% of missing progress. The more progress needed, the more you get.
Waste Not 15 LTW: Cut durability loss from 10 to 5 for 4 steps. Basically better than Master's Mend in every way.
Waste Not 2 50 LTW: The same, but for 8 steps.
Careful Synthesis 15 WVR: 90% of your normal progress gain for 100% accuracy. Useful.
Careful Synthesis 2 50 WVR: 120% your normal progress gain for 100% accuracy. A must have.
Tricks of the Trade 15 ALC: 20 free CP when your status is Good/Excellent. It's free CP when you don't want to make progress/quality, what more is there to say?
Comfort Zone 50 ALC: You spend some CP to get more CP back over time. 14 CP might not seem like a lot, but I assure you... it is when your doing high level * crafts.
Hasty Touch 15 CUL: Increases Quality without using CP, with low accuracy. Combine this with Steady Hand 1-2 and it's all you'll ever use to make progress until you get Hasty Touch 2.
Steady Hand 2 37 CUL: +30% success rate to all actions for 5 actions (so Rapid Syn/Hasty Touch go from 50% to 80%). This is KEY to doing anything consistently at the higher levels.
Reclaim 50 CUL: 90% to reclaim your mats if you fail a craft. Did you fuck up? Hit this and hope you get your stuff back.
Manipulation 15 GSM: Restores durability for a set number of actions. I consider this to be better than Master's Mend. Cheaper too.
Flawless Synthesis 37 GSM: Free progress. Completely worthless unless you use it with Maker's Mark, after which this no longer costs durability. Can be useful in some * crafts.
Innovation 50 GSM: I forgot to put this on my previous list. Gives you 50% more control over 3 turns. Combine this with Byregot's Blessing and you'll HQ stuff consistently.
Maker's Mark 54 GSM: This is basically the only post 50 cross-skill worth using. Combine with Flawless Synthesis for lots of free progress.

You can't use all of these all the time (you can only use 10 at most) but some you'll replace as you level. I generally use...

Byregot's Blessing
Ingenuity 2
Rapid Synth (but only until I get Rapid Synth 2 post 60)
Piece by Piece/Reclaim (both are good options, but I generally only want one or the other)
Waste Not 2 (But only until I get Manipulation 2 post 60)
Careful Syn 2 (though this is less useful once you get Careful syn 3 post 60)
Tricks of the Trade
Comfort Zone
Hasty Touch (Again, you get a better version of this post 60 but this one does take CP)
Steady Hand 2

To put it lightly, being a GOOD crafter involves a lot of investiment in leveling up other crafting classes. This makes it expensive to be a good crafter, but you make it all back when you start selling furniture on the Market Board.

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

Getting everything to 15 has been a huge help. The Waste Not and Hasty Touch are the skills I use the most. I just got the level 50 Carpentry one and it will be a huge help in guaranteed HQ items.

I have three flower pots in my house and I grow shards in them often to replace the ones I’m burning through in whichever crafting I’m working on. I plan to work on LW today and Culinary next, so I’ll grow fire shards.

I sold a lot of walls on the MB which sounds odd, but the markup is huge and the effort was low. I have no idea why someone bought $1M worth of walls (it was only four) that cost me way less to make rather than make them, but I’m not complaining.

Terrik

Terrik

So I nearly have my 1st level 70.

Here's my question:

Do I continue to gear up to prep for the x-pac? Like, do hunts for centurio seals so I can get 300+ ilvl? Should i just wait for the xpac since higher level gear will be given through MSQ quests anyhow? Level up another class? Craft?

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

So I nearly have my 1st level 70.

Here's my question:

Do I continue to gear up to prep for the x-pac? Like, do hunts for centurio seals so I can get 300+ ilvl? Should i just wait for the xpac since higher level gear will be given through MSQ quests anyhow? Level up another class? Craft?
You need an ilvl of at least 355 to do the last Stormblood content. If you've got gil, you could easily get 390 crafted pieces for 200-300k a piece and just use those. Alternative, wait till they do poetics gear.

But yes, you need at least 355 gear.

Terrik

Terrik

You need an ilvl of at least 355 to do the last Stormblood content. If you've got gil, you could easily get 390 crafted pieces for 200-300k a piece and just use those. Alternative, wait till they do poetics gear.

But yes, you need at least 355 gear.

Oooh...I didn't know that. So I'd have to gear up anyhow. Hrm. I only got 700k gil atm. Centurio seals only get me up to i330. WELP. I guess I'll have some farming to do then.

As far as the poetics gear, I'm assuming that would come with the new xpac and I could blow allagan tombstones on it or something.

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

I’m sitting on 2,000 Allagan Tomestones of Poetics that I have no idea what to do with.

Eriol

Eriol

Oooh...I didn't know that. So I'd have to gear up anyhow. Hrm. I only got 700k gil atm. Centurio seals only get me up to i330. WELP. I guess I'll have some farming to do then.

As far as the poetics gear, I'm assuming that would come with the new xpac and I could blow allagan tombstones on it or something.
The current Mendacity & Genesis gear will probably become available for poetics come expansion time (or at least that's how it's worked before).

Also, depending on where the gear is, it may be challenging to find the "new bought" gear to skip over all of that. For example, you can't get the 115 level 50 gear from Ishgard if you haven't unlocked it yet through the MSQ. Now can you buy it on the open market? Sure, but you can't buy it from the actual vendor without being able to get there.

As for if you want to do things between now and then, I'd say that hunts are one of the least efficient methods of gearing up. Roulettes of all forms are far faster to get mendacity, which get you 360 quality.

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

I’m sitting on 2,000 Allagan Tomestones of Poetics that I have no idea what to do with.
If you're going to play Gunbreaker or Dancer, I'd get a set of Shire gear for them. They start at 60. But you're going to get a ton of poetics anyway with the current Tomestone of Philosphy event going on, so I'd just spend them on something.

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

I unlocked the Ixali dailies and my LW is now at 40. I ran out of Leves. I’m going to look into unlocking the 60-70 leveling crafter ones now :)

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

I got to the level 69 MSQ. Sadly, I’m level 68.5.

Eriol

Eriol

I got to the level 69 MSQ. Sadly, I’m level 68.5.
Two leveling queues with bonuses? (maybe 1 if you get a high level dungeon) Or a couple of runs of Heaven on High. Doesn't seem to be that bad. You'll get there!

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

Generally speaking, your best bet for leveling is...

If Healer/Tank:
- Leveling Roulette Daily
- Alliance Raid Daily
- Whatever your highest level dungeon is, over and over.

If DPS:
- Leveling Roulette Daily
- Alliance Raid Daily
- HotD/HoH (but only if queing solo, without a tank/healer)

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

I got to 69 by doing one roulette, one dungeon I needed to unlock an aetheryte and a really silly jumping quest.

I go back and pick up the quest and ... it’s anotjer dungeon lol. I’m pretty sure I’m close to the end now.

I’d like to try PoTD solo. I’ve cleared up to 50 in a group so I should be able to solo right?

Eriol

Eriol

I’d like to try PoTD solo. I’ve cleared up to 50 in a group so I should be able to solo right?
It has more to do with your weapon/armor level in there than how deep you've gotten with other people IMO (and your class). But try it out and see how it goes.

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

I was told I couldn’t solo until I got to level 50 with a group and then I could have a solo save.

Eriol

Eriol

I was told I couldn’t solo until I got to level 50 with a group and then I could have a solo save.
The very first time I went into PotD I went in solo. All you have to do is have a blank save, and say "fixed party" (not matched, and obviously don't be grouped) and you can go in solo. I doubt you'll survive to 50 though with most classes if your weapons/armor are at level 1 as well.

Bubble181

Bubble181

Getting to 69 is never really a problem, I find. But doing it solo takes a lot of bending over backwards.

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

Oh ho ho!

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

The very first time I went into PotD I went in solo. All you have to do is have a blank save, and say "fixed party" (not matched, and obviously don't be grouped) and you can go in solo. I doubt you'll survive to 50 though with most classes if your weapons/armor are at level 1 as well.
I have two saves. I think I need to delete the lower group save.

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

Level 70!

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

And the main part of Stormblood done. I still have the patches to do, but the main expansion is done.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

I have perfected my Dark Knights armor glamour.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

When you're thinking to yourself "one more msq before bed?". Then watch this

Dirona

Dirona

When you're thinking to yourself "one more msq before bed?". Then watch this

I've run Castrum so. Many. Times.

Currently sitting in a cutscene in Praetorium.

Terrik

Terrik

Had to take an almost 3 week break because of school, but I finally hit 70. I made a little albumn of my favorite moments so far. Guess I won't get to enjoy this too long with the level cap going up, and school is about to get really hard.

Eriol

Eriol

Had to take an almost 3 week break because of school, but I finally hit 70. I made a little albumn of my favorite moments so far. Guess I won't get to enjoy this too long with the level cap going up, and school is about to get really hard.

Very cool Terrik. A few things are out-of-order (you have a shot of Doma near the Moongates fairly early for example) but generally it's a great job of organizing stuff relatively in-order. Brought back a lot of memories for me as well.

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

My MSQ is now completely done :)

I’m now working on unlocking the Namazu dailies and the Doman Enclave (I love the pink trees and fake windows). I’d like to get at least my botanist and weaver to 70 before early Access.

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

Namazu dailies are unlocked and I’ll try to do them every day.

Thé Doman Enclave is as far as it’s getting this week.

Both weaving and botany are to 68 (my app says 67 for botany lol). It’s a bit tedious at this point. I’ve got 1,500 red gatherer scrips as well and no idea what to do with them.

Eriol

Eriol

Namazu dailies are unlocked and I’ll try to do them every day.

Thé Doman Enclave is as far as it’s getting this week.

Both weaving and botany are to 68 (my app says 67 for botany lol). It’s a bit tedious at this point. I’ve got 1,500 red gatherer scrips as well and no idea what to do with them.
Buy the "folklore" books in Rhalgr's Reach. That'll unlock nodes that you can't even see without them.

And then use it to buy the ones for Heavensward in Idyllshire.

And make sure you've unlocked the Custom Deliveries. Pre-70 you should be able to unlock Zhloe in Idyllshire: https://ffxiv.gamerescape.com/wiki/Guide:Heavensward_Progression_and_Level_Locked_Content (search for "Custom Deliveries" there).

Then at 70 you can do the Stormblood ones: https://ffxiv.gamerescape.com/wiki/Guide:Stormblood_Progression_and_Level_Locked_Content Most of the SB ones are easy, but you have to do at least 1 of the side-quests in The Azim Steppe to unlock one of them. It's at Reunion, so not like you need to do a lot.

Custom deliveries is THE WAY to get scrips. Only 12 turnins per week, but LUCRATIVE.

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

Awesome! I’ll check it out. What colour scrips? The two Botany Unspolied thingies I’m working on now are super easy and I’ll be maxed out shortly after getting on tonight. I can get between 3-4 collectibles each node.

Eriol

Eriol

Awesome! I’ll check it out. What colour scrips? The two Botany Unspolied thingies I’m working on now are super easy and I’ll be maxed out shortly after getting on tonight. I can get between 3-4 collectibles each node.
IIRC it never gives any color scrips until you max level (gives you exp instead). But that could be wrong.

After 70, delivery gives you BOTH yellow and red. And cash.

Dirona

Dirona

Once I get my new Black Mage up to 70 I really have to go back to harvesting.

There's too much to do!

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

Personally, my recommendation for your first week of Red Gatherer Scripts is much simpler: buy a shit-ton of Hi-cordial. That will make gathering in future weeks much faster. Folklore can wait until future weeks.

@Squidleybits If you're that high with weaver and botany, Namazu will get you finished in a few days. Just remember you can do both gathering and crafting with them through the same person.

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

I’ve been using so many Leves.

My combat classes are sad

8407FBBB-E050-476C-9FD2-C82C72684A7F.png

Terrik

Terrik

Very cool Terrik. A few things are out-of-order (you have a shot of Doma near the Moongates fairly early for example) but generally it's a great job of organizing stuff relatively in-order. Brought back a lot of memories for me as well.
Heh thanks. Imgur was giving me some real trouble keeping those in order.

I'm looking forward to the x-pac. Still need to finish the stormblood msq's though.

Sooooon.

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

My botanist is level 70 and I’ve unlocked Custom Deliveries with Zhloe and M’Naago. I’ve done my 12 for the week and have enough yellow scrips for my first blue gathering armour. I think it makes sense to get the stuff that works for all three rather than class specific. I’m using all my red scrips for book tokens now.

Can I do 6 deliveries with all the custom delivery people? Or 12 in total each week no matter the source? It looks like there are other custom delivery people than the two I unlocked.

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

My botanist is level 70 and I’ve unlocked Custom Deliveries with Zhloe and M’Naago. I’ve done my 12 for the week and have enough yellow scrips for my first blue gathering armour. I think it makes sense to get the stuff that works for all three rather than class specific. I’m using all my red scrips for book tokens now.

Can I do 6 deliveries with all the custom delivery people? Or 12 in total each week no matter the source? It looks like there are other custom delivery people than the two I unlocked.
Yes, get the Landking/Handking sets, not the individual sets. This is the best gear you can get outside of the Ornate Onishi stuff that Khloe can give you for gold tickets from doing her Wonderous Tails. Just get a full set of clothes, accessories (two rings, they aren't exclusive) and then the main and offhand items for the classes you get to 70. It'll last you a good amount into Shadowbringers.

It's 12 period. You'll want to max level each person, but the main purpose of having more people to deliver to is so you have more chances of getting a "bonus" item to turn in, which is worth more script and xp. So you can unlock more people (one is a Tamamizu, the other requires you to do the flowers quest for new chief in Reunion to unlock their line in Idylshire) and it's worth doing, but it's mostly to get more script each week.

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

I'm doing this pretty rushed as I only knew about collectables recently. And I only started on the yellow ones today once botany was 70. I got fishing to 65 earning money for my house and doing the Ishgard class quests.

Between a day or two of Namazu and catching up on weaving quests, I should be able to get weaving from 68-70 without making anything lol.

Next up are Goldsmithing and Mining.

Eriol

Eriol

I'm doing this pretty rushed as I only knew about collectables recently. And I only started on the yellow ones today once botany was 70. I got fishing to 65 earning money for my house and doing the Ishgard class quests.

Between a day or two of Namazu and catching up on weaving quests, I should be able to get weaving from 68-70 without making anything lol.

Next up are Goldsmithing and Mining.
Also, Kurenai should be available in Tamamizu in The Ruby Sea, but you MIGHT need to do the "finishing" quests that are after Shisui of the Violet Tides dungeon (it's an optional lvl 63 dungeon, hopefully you unlocked it. The quests to unlock it were plus quests). There's a couple of side-quests to fully resolve that questline, and without spoilers, that makes sense to need to do those prior to the delivery stuff. They're in Sui-no-sato, but they're NOT plus-quests. Just find the princess and complete whatever she has for you. Eventually she "moves" to Tamamizu and you can do her deliveries.

As @AshburnerX said, it's the "flowers" quest in Reunion in the Azim Steppe for the other delivery. Once you're done that line, then the guy in Idylleshire unlocks. There's 4 total, so once you've got them all unlocked, turn in 3 each and that's your week.

Dirona

Dirona

The first part of the first zone you get to in the expansion matches my character - it's so pretty!

Eriol

Eriol

After a long weekend and an evening: level 77, about to go into the 4th dungeon.

Impressions so far:

Wow is Summoner different. Like a LOT different. Still fun, but very different. A lot of "management" of your pet's cooldowns. I was always somebody who had the pet on "automatic" so I don't consider this better. But different in that there's essentially 3 "phases" of DPS for summoner now, the Trance phase, the Bahamut Phase, and the firebird trance phase, with some "interphase" between the 2nd and 3rd, and after the 3rd before trance is back up again. Definitely far different than before.

Dungeons have been nice. The Trial is pretty hairy with everybody "not that geared." Probably will be cake with half 80s in the group.

Zones and story is nice. I don't know what in particular to say about that.

Still having fun is the main thing.

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

I’m not a huge fan of what they did to our class. I had to respec my Chocobo to be tank and honestly, he’s terrible at it.

I enjoyed having my pet on auto and enkindling/buffing as needed. This new system isn’t the best.

I love the first zone. It matches me as well :) @Dirona and the new bunny I made.

That first trial was rough. My first group wiped 4-5 times and sent out a vote to abandon. I had never seen that. One dude edge quit after two wipes. He needed to lighten up. Otherwise though, no one was salty, we just realized that specific group wasn’t getting it. My next group sped through the problem area.

I’m hoping to get to 80 and finish the MSQ before I leave for my trip. Fingers crossed!

I just tried to post a few pictures, but no go.

Eriol

Eriol

Oh and if you need to level gatherers (and presumably crafters) remember your weekly custom deliveries, as well as the new "role-based" deliveries. Mad exp from both of those things. New leves work decently well too, but nothing like the custom deliveries. Those are just insane for low effort, even if once a week. I'll keep ahead of my retainer though (one is my main (Summoner) and the other is a Botanist), which is the most important part.

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

SCH got hit really hard. I had a friend ask me to heal Aurum Vale and I was constantly running dry because MP regen is limited to 1k MP from Aetherflow every few minutes, Lucid Dreaming, and Ethers. Immediately logged off without a word after. It's worse in PVP: You have to use Broil to get Aetherflow stacks now, ensuring I'm ether always out of stacks when I need them, letting the team die because I can't heal while getting stacks, or unable to deal with a spike because I spent a bunch of MP trying to keep someone up. AST doesn't have this problem, then can ALWAYS do their big heal.

I kind of want to strangle someone at the company at the moment. Not only did I lose all my fun DPS stuff, but I lost most of healing potential with the MP crunch.

Dirona

Dirona

Ding! Ding! Ding! Lvl 80! (note: NOT done MSQ) But still - lvl 80!

The second trial... could have been worse. Even I got the movement mechanics.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

I posted this elsewhere but still have some love for the theme

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

Level 80 :)

And the second trial was a freaking mess lol

Dirona

Dirona

Ha ha ha ha!! I beat @Eriol to the end of the expansion. By like, 2 mins of cutscenes, but none the less - FIRST!!

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

I must have been third lol. I was up super later waiting for laundry to dry for my trip and pushed through.

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

After months of catching up, it is super nice to see « to be continued » under MSQ.

Eriol

Eriol

My opinions on the expansion. No story spoilers, I'm being non-specific. Some spoilers for Stormblood (previous expansion) in story section.

Story:

All the feels. As others have said around the internet, they made the villain a sympathetic one who isn't a tragic villain either (well, kinda, but not really). They actually really do believe what they're doing is right, and their reasoning isn't complete bullshit either. Unlike Yotsuyu, while you might have had sympathy for her completely crap deal in life, you didn't think what she was doing as a result (she had pain, make all the people feel her pain) was a good idea. This guy? It's not a completely unsympathetic plan. It's still not good but it's understandable as "good" to him.

Also here's a big thing: DO the crystal tower raid series. It's the 50 alliance raids. Just do them. You (almost) don't need to know ANY mechanics because scaling doesn't work right, so it's a stomp-fest for most of it. You'll be happier you did pre-expansion. Supposedly it opens up some dialog options too, since the expansion is literally centered around the Crystal Tower being in The First, but I had it done, so I don't know what others might be missing.

Interface:

Doing this separate from the class discussion, because it's related, but not the same thing. First of all, charges on skills are great. Good idea, I like it. Changing icons (different pet summoned, different icons) is good too.

My big pet peeve is that they did a partial overhaul to the way the skills work in the interface, but they didn't go the whole way, which sucks a lot. What they should have done is go full Aion on the chain skills interface, but they didn't. What I mean by this is that in Aion, if you have a skill which chains into another, the 2nd doesn't need to be placed on your hotbar, as the 1st ability turns into the 2nd one when the chain triggers. If there's two options, you need an extra button for the "branching" option, but otherwise, you can one-button through your chain. IMO they should have been doing this for years. What frustrates me most is that they did it sometimes but not other times, and it makes NO sense whatsoever IMO.

Example of them doing it right: Red Mage. When you cast the final part of your "enchanted melee combo" and can cast verflare or verholy, the verthunder and veraero spell icons TURN INTO those spells (job guide link). That means that you don't ever need to allocate hotbar space for them, they turn into the spells you "need" right when you need them.

Example of them not doing it right: Red Mage again. The Riposte -> Zwerchhau -> Redoublement combo. Why is this 3 buttons? There's literally no reason for this. They already turn into their "enchanted" versions, so why can't one turn into another? There are a myriad number of examples of this, from the Doom Spike -> Sonic Thrust -> Coerthan Torment combo on Dragoon, to literally every other class that has a "Combo" section in the Job guide.

With the exception of branching, they could have far fewer buttons. Why don't they do it? They already do it sometimes, so they're not against the concept, but for some reason just don't! Frustrating!

Another aspect of icons that could be better: why don't the summoner and scholar abilities just SAY what they do on them? Their icons even change, but they still just say "Executes BLAH ability on the pet" on them. You KNOW what it does game, just let it be in the mouseover! I shouldn't need to go into my actions menu and correlate. Sure over time it becomes less of an issue, but it's still nonsensical, especially since the icons change now.

I also think it's a "we can solve this" problem so that the cooldowns are tied to the active pet correctly, so you don't need a different key for Consolation for the Seraph pet for the Scholar, when it's "really" another pet-specific ability, like Fey Blessing is. All the other "pet control" buttons "just work" for both faeries and your seraph pet, so why couldn't you make this one work too? I understand it's because that ability has two charges, and Fey Blessing doesn't, but can't you just track that in the background when you turn one ability into another? This is a solvable problem, and I don't understand why they didn't.

Class Changes:

Comments based on 80 Summoner/Scholar (though I main Summoner), 72 Dragoon, 70 Pally, 70 Red Mage, 65 Astro, 54 Bard, 52 White Mage, 35 Black Mage, 32 Dark Knight, 80 Botanist.

My Scholar hurts. Like physically hurts trying to do DPS now. In particular, snatching both Bane and Miasma II (ae DoT) from me hurts. I haven't healed a LOT with it yet though, so I'm not sure if it's better/worse than before. I do like the "shielding" indicators on the UI. Makes my job FAR more precise.

Summoner definitely feels REALLY different. It's now a rush to Firebird trance, rather than to Bahamut himself. I actually wish they'd kept Bahamut as "the big summon" for Summoners, as it's more consistently thematic as we've been going up. Something else being even better feels... well not awesome. Mechanically though, seems pretty decent. I just wish our "regular" nuke didn't feel so much like a peashooter. I also wish that they had put Physick on intelligence like Vercure is. It isn't, so it's not even on my hotbar. What's the point of a 900hp heal at level 70? I haven't even tried it at 80.

Dragoon feels pretty much the same. Just QoL improvements, but mine's only 72. I like the lack of TP though. Great change. Feels a bit "behind" the new Dancer though in DPS in instances, which is odd considering how much higher risk melee dps is at.

I haven't tanked much yet with either Paladin or DK, but on paper looks decent. I just wish that Paladin got their "charge" ability in the 30s or 40s.

Red Mage is interesting. I'm glad they made the AE rotation more like the single-target with black/white magic, but my comments above about combos would have made the expansion of abilities less. Still, it's a ton of fun.

Botanist is basically the same as it was. If there's changes, they're minor. I don't think the new 70-80 abilities are that great, particularly the "stacks both harvest chance and HQ chance" isn't worth it, since it does NOT stack with the other HQ increases. So what's the point really?

My Astrologian has similar DPS issues to my Scholar, though my lower-level astro has at least 1 more AE DPS option (earthly star) than my 80 scholar, which is VERY weird (considering how it was definitely the reverse before). I also think that if they were going to make two sets of cards completely the same, just make it 2 cards, with a random "3 symbol" for Divination, rather than retaining 6 cards. Yes the whole card thing needed streamlining, but IMO I think it went too far. Somebody with a higher and/or main Astro could probably comment better though.

I need to try out Bard and White Mage to see how they're doing. I hope the Bard revamp made it more fun, as I wasn't a fan of the Stormblood version. Too much DoT maintenance. Again, something like Bane would be awesome for them. But if it just doesn't work, I might join the dance, and/or new Machinist crowd. @Dirona mains White Mage, so her comments would mean more there, as I've arranged hotbars, and that's about it for a 52, not a 70 or 80.

Quests & Misc:

I'm glad the quests scale, but I wish that they still listed their "base" level so you knew which zones you could really do them in, as you can't really do the quests in eastern Rak'tika at 70 while dodging much higher level monsters. Because of MSQ and FATE level you kind of know this, but it's just annoying IMO.

I wish beast tribes had been at launch.

Gathering facet was neat, but not impactful.

Role quests seem nice. Done healing and magic DPS so far. Very different tones.

Summary:

I liked it. I'm glad I've played through it, and I'm still having fun with the game.

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

Interface:

Doing this separate from the class discussion, because it's related, but not the same thing. First of all, charges on skills are great. Good idea, I like it. Changing icons (different pet summoned, different icons) is good too.

My big pet peeve is that they did a partial overhaul to the way the skills work in the interface, but they didn't go the whole way, which sucks a lot. What they should have done is go full Aion on the chain skills interface, but they didn't. What I mean by this is that in Aion, if you have a skill which chains into another, the 2nd doesn't need to be placed on your hotbar, as the 1st ability turns into the 2nd one when the chain triggers. If there's two options, you need an extra button for the "branching" option, but otherwise, you can one-button through your chain. IMO they should have been doing this for years. What frustrates me most is that they did it sometimes but not other times, and it makes NO sense whatsoever IMO.

Example of them doing it right: Red Mage. When you cast the final part of your "enchanted melee combo" and can cast verflare or verholy, the verthunder and veraero spell icons TURN INTO those spells (job guide link). That means that you don't ever need to allocate hotbar space for them, they turn into the spells you "need" right when you need them.

Example of them not doing it right: Red Mage again. The Riposte -> Zwerchhau -> Redoublement combo. Why is this 3 buttons? There's literally no reason for this. They already turn into their "enchanted" versions, so why can't one turn into another? There are a myriad number of examples of this, from the Doom Spike -> Sonic Thrust -> Coerthan Torment combo on Dragoon, to literally every other class that has a "Combo" section in the Job guide.

With the exception of branching, they could have far fewer buttons. Why don't they do it? They already do it sometimes, so they're not against the concept, but for some reason just don't! Frustrating!
Branching is sort of the reason why. For example, WAR has more than one conclusion for it's Heavy Swing -> Maim combo. PLD has more than one conclusion for it's Fast Blade -> Riot Blade combo. MNK has TONS of variations, as does DRG and SAM. There are also reasons not to want to progress in a combo... for example, I might not want to go into Mythril Tempest from Overpower while tanking as a WAR. I might just want to spam two or more Overpowers. It's a concious design decision, because in PVP they just do exactly what you want and turn it into one button for the whole combo because you only get one combo anyway.

Class Changes:
Comments based on 80 Summoner/Scholar (though I main Summoner), 72 Dragoon, 70 Pally, 70 Red Mage, 65 Astro, 54 Bard, 52 White Mage, 35 Black Mage, 32 Dark Knight, 80 Botanist.

My Scholar hurts. Like physically hurts trying to do DPS now. In particular, snatching both Bane and Miasma II (ae DoT) from me hurts. I haven't healed a LOT with it yet though, so I'm not sure if it's better/worse than before. I do like the "shielding" indicators on the UI. Makes my job FAR more precise.
SCH solidarity here; it hurts to play now because all we do is spam Broil and Bio/Bioalysis with an occasional AOE. The MP crunch made healing much harder too; I tried to heal Aurum Vale after 5.0 launch and I couldn't keep up; I didn't have enough charges to Lustrate thru spikes and you can't just Adloqium spam ether. I've heard it's better post 76 but FUCK.

My proposed change is basically to ether give healers a role action that lets them drain MP from foes (Osmose) or to let Ruin/Broil occasionally proc an ability you can hit if you do it on an enemy suffering Bio/Bioalysis (Fester) that gives you Aetherpool/Lillies/whatever. It's just really hard to keep up now.

I haven't tanked much yet with either Paladin or DK, but on paper looks decent. I just wish that Paladin got their "charge" ability in the 30s or 40s.
DRK and WAR both feel fine. DRK has traded Dark Arts spam for Flood/Edge of Darkness spam (when off-tanking anyway) but otherwise it's just way less busy.

Botanist is basically the same as it was. If there's changes, they're minor. I don't think the new 70-80 abilities are that great, particularly the "stacks both harvest chance and HQ chance" isn't worth it, since it does NOT stack with the other HQ increases. So what's the point really?
If you were undergeared, you'd get it: it gives a flat 20% to HQ versus +HQ% based on a formula for the level of the material you're trying to get vs your perception, helping to HQ stuff you might be a little under geared for. The 10% find rate is just a bonus.

The "finds crystals when you search for other stuff" move means you aren't wasting a timed node on getting clusters versus literally anything else AND it stacks with crystal bonus things, which is nice.

I need to try out Bard and White Mage to see how they're doing. I hope the Bard revamp made it more fun, as I wasn't a fan of the Stormblood version. Too much DoT maintenance. Again, something like Bane would be awesome for them. But if it just doesn't work, I might join the dance, and/or new Machinist crowd. @Dirona mains White Mage, so her comments would mean more there, as I've arranged hotbars, and that's about it for a 52, not a 70 or 80.
Pretty much everyone agrees that WHM is a little over-tuned right now for dungeon content. It's not unusual for WHMs to just throw Regen out and Holy-spam because it's the most effective means for DPSing dungeons now.

Quests & Misc:
I'm glad the quests scale, but I wish that they still listed their "base" level so you knew which zones you could really do them in, as you can't really do the quests in eastern Rak'tika at 70 while dodging much higher level monsters. Because of MSQ and FATE level you kind of know this, but it's just annoying IMO.

I wish beast tribes had been at launch.

Gathering facet was neat, but not impactful.

Role quests seem nice. Done healing and magic DPS so far. Very different tones.
I echo beast tribes.

My primary issue with the Facets is that you can't DO anything with them once you've finished them. Which means the primary purpose for them is to level ONE class from 70-80 for each facet, which is helpful but not engaging. We've effectively lost XP gain with this; previously, each DoH/DoL class gave gear and XP as you went along, but now it's only one class and a free level for that class (assuming HQ turn-ins). Thankfully, Landking/Handking gear is plenty to go from 70-80, but it's still frustrating to not get progressive gear for crafting and gathering as you level up. They COULD have given you gear boxes.

Eriol

Eriol

Branching is sort of the reason why. For example, WAR has more than one conclusion for it's Heavy Swing -> Maim combo. PLD has more than one conclusion for it's Fast Blade -> Riot Blade combo. MNK has TONS of variations, as does DRG and SAM. There are also reasons not to want to progress in a combo... for example, I might not want to go into Mythril Tempest from Overpower while tanking as a WAR. I might just want to spam two or more Overpowers. It's a concious design decision, because in PVP they just do exactly what you want and turn it into one button for the whole combo because you only get one combo anyway.
You misunderstand. Go play Aion for 10-20 levels (it's free now IIRC) and you'll see how they have branching combos as well, and still do this. One button stays on "one" side of the combo, so you only need a 2nd button for the other side of the combo. not 4-6 buttons. You don't NEED that number of buttons. And if people want to keep it the "old" way, then let them, but give me something more reasonable! Hell, under your scheme, they shouldn't be doing it with Verflare/Verholy either!

Monk... I don't know monk. I accept it's more complicated, but things still seem possible here. Basically, I see a greyed-out button (or "only good if after a combo" ) a waste of hotbar space. I'll bet controller people are even MORE frustrated by this.

Oh and Trusts. Great while getting to 80, but what they do after you finish MSQ is just idiotic. I think it's a terrible idea, but I won't spoil it for those who haven't gotten there yet.

Eriol

Eriol

So, everybody here finished the 80 MSQ? Talking without spoiler tags would be awesome.

And btw Eden is nice, though people can be idiotic. Last night I had to rez about 8 times in Eden 4 regular (and that was on Summoner). The red mage in particular I think was taking a dirtnap the majority of the time.

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

So, everybody here finished the 80 MSQ? Talking without spoiler tags would be awesome.

And btw Eden is nice, though people can be idiotic. Last night I had to rez about 8 times in Eden 4 regular (and that was on Summoner). The red mage in particular I think was taking a dirtnap the majority of the time.
I've been main tanking Eden. I've seen some shit the last few weeks.

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

Between health and work, I haven’t had a chance to play much. I have 80 MSQ done though.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

I almost have 70MSQ done...

Also, the inevitable happened, I'm a bunny now.

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

Yay!!!!

I would except that with my name, I have to be a cat.

Terrik

Terrik

I've resurrected this thread so I dont gum up the other playing thread with FFXIV stuff, and mostly so I can post screenshots as I continue to tinker with settings. I think I've spent more time playing dress up and taking shots than playing the MSQ this week.

2022-02-02_11-19-18-858_OMGEorzea.png
2022-02-03_16-18-36-241_OMGEorzea.png
2022-02-03_17-02-24-165_OMGEorzea.png
2022-02-03_17-10-34-755_OMGEorzea.png

2022-02-04_10-50-47-608_OMGEorzea.png

Attachments

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

Currently waiting for 6.1.

ffxiv_12022021_035134_717.png

GasBandit

GasBandit

I don't like Depth of Field effects.

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

It's one of the many, many filter effects you can toggle on and off when using the Group Pose function to stage screenshots (which is what Terrik used to do those shots).

ffxiv_02062022_015024_015.png

You can also do things like add stickers and other pop-ups (like the "Duty Complete" thing I have on my previous shot).

Terrik

Terrik

Well, like, you're wrong.

PatrThom

PatrThom

At least there's no "Bloom" setting.

--Patrick

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

I just attended my first in-game wedding! It was actually very sweet.

ffxiv_02062022_161834_879.png

The happy couple make their arrival

ffxiv_02062022_161846_587.png

A moogle officiates, because of course one does. In the back you can see myself and the rest of the free company gathered (I'm on the left side of this shot, front row, in the white tux)

ffxiv_02062022_162005_980.png

Ring Exchange
ffxiv_02062022_162812_027.png

ffxiv_02062022_162852_454.png

ffxiv_02062022_162919_971.png

Ok, the flying is just showing off

ffxiv_02062022_163029_059.png

Everyone rushes the altar, as you do

ffxiv_02062022_163151_565.png

The happy couple make their exit. You can again see me in the white on the right of this picture, trying to blend in with the flowers
ffxiv_02062022_163925_908.png

They ride away on a godsdamn marriage chocobo. The wedding chicken

ffxiv_02062022_164032_285.png

As a bard I'm in charge of the after party music, while here you can see the newlyweds have changed out of their formal clothes

ffxiv_02062022_165959_163.png

Overall, a good time was had by all
ffxiv_02062022_170657_324.png

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

So, back into it. Everything seemed so familiar, so I came here to see if I'd played before.
Sure enough, Played for about 2 hours on the free trial nearly 3 years ago. This time around, I'm having a better go of it.

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

I know the advice is to stay away from the trash side quests, but I've been doing them all anyway, so I can get my bearings about the city (which is what it seems like they're aimed at, anyway). It seems like some of them (getting the most favorite season's colors for the weaver's guild and placing ads on colloseum walls) have been pared down, because I remember running around a whole lot more for these the first time. And, I was able to do a few like Greasing the Cogs that had me fighting Rusty Coblyns 3 levels higher than I was. But, I learned to kite, and I learned to move out of range when the aoe attack indicator showed up on the ground, so they actually weren't that hard to kill once I learned to fight them.

This morning, I ran out of side quests that I could see on the map, and I'm level 8, so I go ahead and knock out Underneath the Sultantree MSQ. It was much easier this time around than last time. I've learned a few things about playing a thaumaturge that's made it a bit easier.

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

This morning, I ran out of side quests that I could see on the map, and I'm level 8, so I go ahead and knock out Underneath the Sultantree MSQ. It was much easier this time around than last time. I've learned a few things about playing a thaumaturge that's made it a bit easier.
Thaumaturge is one of the most interesting classes, because every expansion it feels like you need to relearn how to play the class to take advantage of a new mechanic. It's fun though!

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

Got up to level 11 on lunch. It's not feeling like a big grind at the moment, and I'm having fun doing the unnecessary side quests. I've never played this (beyond that first couple hours way back when) so I'm in no rush to skip a lot of content and race to the max level. I'm also having fun not geeking out and delving into all the websites (which I'm sure exist) that tell me what the perfect builds are, and laying out a roadmap for progression, and where to get all the best gear, etc. Just taking it easy and playing. It's a nice change of pace to how I did MMOs in the past.

I have some quest to move me over to Eastern Thanalan for something or other. I assume it's to get me out of the starter area. I'll take my time on that one and do it when I'm done futzing around here near the starter city.

Dei

Dei

I am suffering right now because I just got to
the part of the Garlean storyline in Endwalker where you get your body stolen

My husband has just started Stormblood and I am literally screaming while also telling him to not look at what is making me scream.

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

Got up to level 11 on lunch. It's not feeling like a big grind at the moment, and I'm having fun doing the unnecessary side quests. I've never played this (beyond that first couple hours way back when) so I'm in no rush to skip a lot of content and race to the max level. I'm also having fun not geeking out and delving into all the websites (which I'm sure exist) that tell me what the perfect builds are, and laying out a roadmap for progression, and where to get all the best gear, etc. Just taking it easy and playing. It's a nice change of pace to how I did MMOs in the past.

I have some quest to move me over to Eastern Thanalan for something or other. I assume it's to get me out of the starter area. I'll take my time on that one and do it when I'm done futzing around here near the starter city.
Unless you are doing Savage or Extreme content, there is not reason to worry about any of that. Post-50, gearing is very simple and pre-50 it's only slightly more complicated.

Gearing advice? Go to the marketboard, find the highest level stuff you can equip, buy the HQ version of that. It's that simple. It's ALWAYS that simple except at the highest of high end content.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

So one thing that really caught me off guard when first getting into FF14 is that the grind isn't leveling, the number of your level really doesn't matter (at least in the beginning) and you'll quickly outlevel most of the stuff around you. Progression isn't made by leveling up, it's done by moving through the story. So stuff that would normally be level locked in a game like WoW, such as being able to use mounts, is story locked instead, and will unlock when you get far enough into the story for it to happen.

Terrik

Terrik

So one thing that really caught me off guard when first getting into FF14 is that the grind isn't leveling, the number of your level really doesn't matter (at least in the beginning) and you'll quickly outlevel most of the stuff around you. Progression isn't made by leveling up, it's done by moving through the story. So stuff that would normally be level locked in a game like WoW, such as being able to use mounts, is story locked instead, and will unlock when you get far enough into the story for it to happen.
Yeah through my family off too when they started. I had to tell them (especially since they bought all the Xpacs and could level up past 50 while going through ARR) that they'll all be synced to story content so, sit back and enjoy the ride.

Dei

Dei

I will say though, I love this screenshot.
1644279378986.png

GasBandit

GasBandit

I will say though, I love this screenshot.
View attachment 40474
Good lord the bumpmapping on that sweater

Terrik

Terrik

Was taking some screenshots with some beach glamour and then the goddamn weather system kicked in. The story practically wrote itself.

2022-02-04_11-03-18-011_OMGEorzea.png

Easy rise for a resort vacation

2022-02-07_23-12-52-259_OMGEorzea.png

Road sparrow is best sparrow

2022-02-04_10-05-13-045_OMGEorzea.png

Hanging with the locals

2022-02-04_09-12-18-890_OMGEorzea.png

2022-02-04_09-12-59-079_OMGEorzea.png

2022-02-04_09-10-10-839_OMGEorzea.png

Enjoying the water

2022-02-04_11-20-41-810_OMGEorzea.png

...Enjoying the water?

2022-02-04_11-12-47-113_OMGEorzea.png

Depression

2022-02-04_11-10-32-676_OMGEorzea.png

Complaining to the jerkass Lalafel manager

2022-02-04_11-28-39-434_OMGEorzea.png

Waiting it out. "I want a fish this big."

2022-02-04_11-30-40-123_OMGEorzea.png

Thank goodness, the sun is back.

2022-02-04_11-34-08-743_OMGEorzea.png

Fin. Because of the fish.

As a side note, I got WHM to 85 and said, eh, changed my mind again, I guess I will give sage a shot. Super good thing I leveled another healing class first so I know how to heal at least. Neat class, but I have to break some WHM habits first.

Dei

Dei

Was taking some screenshots with some beach glamour and then the goddamn weather system kicked in. The story practically wrote itself.

View attachment 40481

Easy rise for a resort vacation

View attachment 40488

Road sparrow is best sparrow

View attachment 40480

Hanging with the locals

View attachment 40478
View attachment 40479
View attachment 40477

Enjoying the water

View attachment 40484

...Enjoying the water?

View attachment 40483

Depression

View attachment 40482

Complaining to the jerkass Lalafel manager

View attachment 40485

Waiting it out. "I want a fish this big."

View attachment 40486

Thank goodness, the sun is back.

View attachment 40487

Fin. Because of the fish.

As a side note, I got WHM to 85 and said, eh, changed my mind again, I guess I will give sage a shot. Super good thing I leveled another healing class first so I know how to heal at least. Neat class, but I have to break some WHM habits first.
Shields and nukes :D

Terrik

Terrik

Shields and nukes :D
And look real cool while doing it apparently

2022-02-08_00-05-56-529_OMGEorzea.png
2022-02-08_00-06-08-886_OMGEorzea.png
2022-02-08_00-11-23-827_OMGEorzea.png

S-Foils in attack position!
2022-02-08_00-18-40-725_OMGEorzea.png

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

I'm surprised at the continued resistance toward Scholar the player base seems to have, even though it's arguably the best Healer right now thanks to potency and range changes.

- It has better barriers than Sage while being less frantic to play.
- It has none of the MP problems that White Mage does during high level play.
- It has better single target, on-demand healing than Astro.

It's not the Green DPS is used to be, but it's got answers for basically everything now. Even Expediate, the meme ability from the new ability trailer, is absolutely fantastic for Raid Progression.

Dei

Dei

I'm surprised at the continued resistance toward Scholar the player base seems to have, even though it's arguably the best Healer right now thanks to potency and range changes.

- It has better barriers than Sage while being less frantic to play.
- It has none of the MP problems that White Mage does during high level play.
- It has better single target, on-demand healing than Astro.

It's not the Green DPS is used to be, but it's got answers for basically everything now. Even Expediate, the meme ability from the new ability trailer, is absolutely fantastic for Raid Progression.
I don't actually find Sage frantic. But since it feels pretty familiar to me, that's probably a big part of it.

Terrik

Terrik

I had no idea fashion accessories were a thing until I was doing fates in Bozjan and got a drop out of a lockbox

2022-02-09_00-50-38-462_OMGEorzea.png
2022-02-09_00-53-13-895_OMGEorzea.png

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

I had no idea fashion accessories were a thing until I was doing fates in Bozjan and got a drop out of a lockbox
They're... fairly recent? I think the first dropped in the Firmament during the second phase of construction. There's a few parasols for sale there, a couple of umbrellas for sale in Kugane, a set of wings from Endwalker Hunts, a set of pixie wings and angel wings from Smiletron treasure maps, and a set of glasses from Gold Saucer. Most of that can be bought on the auction house, but it's going to be like .5-1 million gil a piece.

Dei

Dei

I have an extra parasol that I've had nothing to do with so it's just taking up space.

Terrik

Terrik

I just picked up the Kugane one. Sweet.

figmentPez

figmentPez

At least there's no "Bloom" setting.
There's bloom around the light sources.

More than half of the time I hear people complain about some 3D rendering effect, they say "I hate <effect>" when they only hate over-done, poorly implemented, unrealistic looking, or otherwise bad examples of <effect>. You don't hate motion blur, you hate globally applied motion blur, and camera movement based motion blur. Per-object motion blur looks fucking awesome when it's on the spinning barrels of a mini-gun. You don't hate bloom, you hate overdone bloom that makes everything a blurry mess.

PatrThom

PatrThom

You don't hate bloom, you hate overdone bloom that makes everything a blurry mess.
I don’t hate bloom, I hate having it as a setting that people like to max in selfies because it’s “cool-looking.”

—Patrick

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

For the folks who wanted to try the free trial: It resumes on February 22nd.

Terrik

Terrik

Finished Endwalker last week
2022-02-24_00-37-42-217_OMGEorzea Gameplay.png

Might be my favorite expansion. Loved the tone, the soundtrack and had a good time with the dungeons and locales. My favorite zone might actually be

Elpis. I liked seeing Ascian society of old and putting a face to Hythlodaeus. Running a trust with the Ascian gang was super cool to

Also, really dug the Sage class. Fun and powerful.

Naturally, I couldnt just stop there, so I decided to try other things I havent done--TANK. Rolled up a Warrior and have it to almost 60
2022-02-25_12-10-55-839_OMGEorzea.png

2022-02-26_16-59-13-571_OMGEorzea.png

And on a whim, after talking to my brother who wanted to try Bard duos, I rolled one up yesterday, leveled it up, and put on a 3 hour concert in Limsa (but of course). It had a side effect of making me realize how fun Bard is too. I havent played a ranged DPS class yet, so Ill probably level up WAR and BRD at the same time. Probably use roulette bonuses for bard and spam highest level dungeon for WAR since the queue is so quick

2022-02-27_21-33-06-186_OMGEorzea Gameplay.png

(My bro is the Lala)

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

And on a whim, after talking to my brother who wanted to try Bard duos, I rolled one up yesterday, leveled it up, and put on a 3 hour concert in Limsa (but of course). It had a side effect of making me realize how fun Bard is too. I havent played a ranged DPS class yet, so Ill probably level up WAR and BRD at the same time. Probably use roulette bonuses for bard and spam highest level dungeon for WAR since the queue is so quick
BRD is probably the best performing Ranged Physical right now. Machinist didn't change much since the last expansion (it gets to summon Queen more quickly and she's more powerful) and Dancer didn't get anything radical ether, but Bard got a bunch of QoL improvements.

Warrior is also hands down the best tank right now. Paladin is more defensive, but Warrior's got stupid regeneration with Raw Intuition/Bloodwhetting now.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

Finished Endwalker last week
View attachment 40773

Might be my favorite expansion. Loved the tone, the soundtrack and had a good time with the dungeons and locales. My favorite zone might actually be

Elpis. I liked seeing Ascian society of old and putting a face to Hythlodaeus. Running a trust with the Ascian gang was super cool to

Also, really dug the Sage class. Fun and powerful.

Naturally, I couldnt just stop there, so I decided to try other things I havent done--TANK. Rolled up a Warrior and have it to almost 60
View attachment 40774
View attachment 40775

View attachment 40776
(My bro is the Lala)
As someone who plays a lot of BRD, feel lucky you got into it now. It's in a great spot currently, whereas historically it's been... it's been a mess

Dei

Dei

I have my Sage and White Mage at 90 but I've still been slacking on MSQ and mostly just doing daily roulettes because my attention span for cutscenes has been non existent.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

I have my Sage and White Mage at 90 but I've still been slacking on MSQ and mostly just doing daily roulettes because my attention span for cutscenes has been non existent.
Oh man, it's so good though

Dei

Dei

Oh man, it's so good though
That's why I don't want to do it while I don't have patience for cutscenes. :p

Terrik

Terrik

That's why I don't want to do it while I don't have patience for cutscenes. :p
Thats fair.

Since I went from WHM->SGE->WAR and now I'm trying to level up BRD in between, I just play songs while waiting for queue times I must have blocked out of memory from playing my MNK. At least I'm keeping myself entertained.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

Thats fair.

Since I went from WHM->SGE->WAR and now I'm trying to level up BRD in between, I just play songs while waiting for queue times I must have blocked out of memory from playing my MNK. At least I'm keeping myself entertained.
Are you doing wondrous tales? That's damn good xp

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

Yeah, Wonderous Tales is a flat 50% of a level for any non-90 class. Always worth doing.

Terrik

Terrik

No I hadn't, but I just did. That was neat. Too bad it's once weekly, but spamming extreme and running with my level 90 SGE unsynced took me 10 minutes to get all nine seals.

Terrik

Terrik

FFXIV is down for maintenance and now I have a sad :(

5vwdpwysx1m81.png

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

With Prae as we know it going away, my FC decided we would run it tonight with no echo and minimum ilvl, as Yoshi-P intended.

prae.png

We look good. This run was actually a ton of fun, with actual mechanics and tough boss fights, especially ultimate weapon's first phase, things got downright dicey. And the first Gaius fight was pretty awesome.

On a roll and full of ourselves, we decided to take on the hardest duty ever with minimum ilvl... Cape Westwind.

westwind.png

Ok, the waypoints were a joke, but we were all surprised that this fight was -actually- hard. It came down to just me and the tank left alive, and were able to burn down the last of his health.

Also in both of these images you can see my new black mage glam, which I'm still working on but pretty happy with so far.

blackmage.png

Terrik

Terrik

In liking these new adventurer plates!

FB_IMG_1649782725932.jpg

Cheesy1

Cheesy1

Thinking about maybe getting into this.

Terrik

Terrik

Give the free trial a shot

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

And if you like it, hit up one of the others in this thread for a friend code for free stuff. Seriously, it's good stuff.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

I have a freecompany you can join but, you gotta be real comfortable with scantily clad lion dudes. We make up 80% of the entire hrothgar population on our datacenter, so go us!*

*note I'm not among those Hrothgar, I'm merely a simple catboy.

Terrik

Terrik

I have a freecompany you can join but, you gotta be real comfortable with scantily clad lion dudes. We make up 80% of the entire hrothgar population on our datacenter, so go us!*

Or you could join mine. Catgirls, Bunny girls, and me, the lone Hyur, because I'm awesome

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

Or you could join mine. Catgirls, Bunny girls, and me, the lone Hyur, because I'm awesome
Pfft, we have a few catgirls and bunny girls too, everyone has those. But does anyone else have the largest hroth population?

1650170370237.png

Terrik

Terrik

Come on!

2022-04-16_19-46-32-604_OMGEorzea.png

2022-04-14_23-23-21-524_OMGEorzea Gameplay.png

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

There are times I feel like the lone FemRoe on Siren.

new clothes.png

Dirona

Dirona

@Eriol and I have an entire free company to ourselves! Because everyone else had wandered off!

Cheesy1

Cheesy1

Downloading the starter game now.
Is there a particular server everyone is on?

Dirona

Dirona

Downloading the starter game now.
Is there a particular server everyone is on?
Primal/Exodus

Terrik

Terrik

Crystal/Coeurl

Cheesy1

Cheesy1

Well, maybe I will play later when I can actually create a character on either of those servers.

Terrik

Terrik

Well, maybe I will play later when I can actually create a character on either of those servers.
Odd. Exodus is currently down for character creature, but you SHOULD be able to go to Crystal/Coeurl if you wanted to. You can check server status here:

Cheesy1

Cheesy1

Tried Crystal and couldn't either.

Terrik

Terrik

Well it fluctuates pretty frequently. Give it a few more minutes and try again, or just refresh that page when you want to try.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

The latest patch just came out so some servers are going to be packed. I'm on crystal/malboro, but the limiting aspect there is really the crystal part, if you have a character on any realm on crystal you can still talk to and play with others in different worlds. The only thing world limits is the free company you join, but you can join any and still play with whoever you want

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

The latest patch just came out so some servers are going to be packed. I'm on crystal/malboro, but the limiting aspect there is really the crystal part, if you have a character on any realm on crystal you can still talk to and play with others in different worlds. The only thing world limits is the free company you join, but you can join any and still play with whoever you want
And pretty soon even this won't be an issue, once Global Cross-Server play hits.

Dirona

Dirona

I'm just a bit flumoxed that Exodus isn't allowing character creation. But that said, even Gridania's been busy recently. Not Limsa busy, but not my peaceful oasis that I'm used to.

Cheesy1

Cheesy1

Was eventually able to make a character on Exodus.
Probably the most proportionally accurate character to me that I've ever played. :p
Evad Zeraven.jpg

jwhouk

jwhouk

Points for the name.

PatrThom

PatrThom

Points for the name.
I read it backwards at first and thought it was "Never as @Dave ."

--Patrick

Dirona

Dirona

Was eventually able to make a character on Exodus.
Probably the most proportionally accurate character to me that I've ever played. :p
View attachment 41264
I'll see if I can send you a friend request next time I'm on. I go by Junia in-game.

Cheesy1

Cheesy1

My level 45 bard, big pimpin'.
Evad Zeraven lvl 45 Bard.jpg

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

My level 45 bard, big pimpin'.
View attachment 41378
Have you unlocked performance ability yet?

(this video quality is shit, fair warning)

Dei

Dei

I love the lvl 80 Machinist set

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

I love the lvl 80 Machinist set

It's great, you can even hit your visor button to put your goggles down over your eyes!

Cheesy1

Cheesy1

Once I get through Reborn, I want to get into machinist next.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

Once I get through Reborn, I want to get into machinist next.
I felt the same way, which made the heavensward story feel really weird. "Welcome to Ishgard, here's a gun."

Cheesy1

Cheesy1

"Damn, this neighborhood is rough."

Terrik

Terrik

I spend more time taking screenshots than playing the game, but I love it so much :3
2022-03-11_00-52-47-494_OMGEorzea.png

2022-03-11_01-03-02-273_OMGEorzea.png

2022-03-11_11-20-16-686_OMGEorzea.png

2022-03-14_11-11-38-112_OMGEorzea.png

2022-03-15_00-07-52-064_OMGEorzea.png

2022-03-15_00-09-17-084_OMGEorzea.png

2022-03-15_11-28-36-591_OMGEorzea.png

2022-03-28_22-07-49-558_OMGEorzea.png

2022-04-09_16-30-37-260_OMGEorzea Gameplay.png

2022-04-10_23-30-37-332_OMGEorzea.png

2022-04-14_23-23-21-524_OMGEorzea Gameplay.png

2022-04-16_19-46-32-604_OMGEorzea.png

2022-04-24_02-06-06-895_OMGEorzea.png

2022-04-24_02-16-57-868_OMGEorzea.png

2022-04-24_02-32-42-780_OMGEorzea.png

2022-04-24_03-05-05-396_OMGEorzea.png

2022-04-30_19-51-20-600_OMGEorzea Gameplay.png

2022-05-08_19-55-50-342_OMGEorzea Gameplay.png

2022-05-08_19-56-46-263_OMGEorzea Gameplay.png

2022-05-08_19-57-48-618_OMGEorzea Gameplay.png

2022-05-08_19-59-00-557_OMGEorzea Gameplay.png

2022-05-08_20-04-45-009_OMGEorzea.png

2022-05-08_21-24-36-422_OMGEorzea Gameplay.png

2022-05-08_21-24-44-227_OMGEorzea Gameplay.png

2022-05-08_21-27-05-476_OMGEorzea Gameplay.png

2022-05-08_21-29-23-446_OMGEorzea Gameplay.png

OObxCiL.png

iS5N7hz.png

Attachments

PatrThom

PatrThom

How long until it becomes a full-on magical dating sim?

--Patrick

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

How long until it becomes a full-on magical dating sim?

--Patrick
Definitely already there, that's half of what's on the party finder.

Terrik

Terrik

2022-05-10_23-07-30-746_OMGEorzea Gameplay.png
2022-05-10_23-07-51-350_OMGEorzea Gameplay.png
2022-05-10_23-09-01-806_OMGEorzea Gameplay.png
2022-05-10_23-11-01-260_OMGEorzea Gameplay.png
2022-05-10_23-12-54-078_OMGEorzea Gameplay.png
2022-05-10_23-56-31-991_OMGEorzea Gameplay.png
2022-05-10_23-58-45-347_OMGEorzea Gameplay.png
2022-05-10_23-58-12-453_OMGEorzea Gameplay.png
2022-05-11_00-19-29-056_OMGEorzea.png
2022-05-11_00-20-27-929_OMGEorzea.png
2022-05-11_00-21-55-715_OMGEorzea.png
2022-05-11_00-32-34-513_OMGEorzea.png

Eriol

Eriol

ffxiv_09172021_221745_757.png

When you get a screenshot like this one (this location) let me know. ;)

Terrik

Terrik

View attachment 41461

When you get a screenshot like this one (this location) let me know. ;)
Oh no Kugane parkour

Eriol

Eriol

Oh no Kugane parkour
Work up to it. Start with Leap of Faith in the Saucer (and get it to the point where it only has a bad fall once in a while, but is fun), then get up to the top of one of the pillars in Rhalgr's Reach, and then go for the tower. It's surprisingly BAD initially, and then once you "get" a few techniques, most of it goes well, and then it's bad again, and then you win!

And then leap to the other sightseeing point at the tea shop. Both @Dirona and I nailed it first try. After watching guides. But still, we did.

Or get blue mage and suicide, and get somebody to rez you onto the tea shop point! That works for the tea shop, but doesn't work for the tower.

Terrik

Terrik

FSa6tv0WQAEbOkw.jpg

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

He's also looked at all of their adventure plates

GasBandit

GasBandit

I feel the tug of this game so hard.

But I can't get the MMO monkey back on my back. I just can't >_<

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

There's an active lewd mod community as well as player run "adult" night clubs you can go to... If you've got the gil

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

Eriol

Eriol

You can literally play it as a single-player game for the first 50 levels at least (not sure how far duty support goes yet, that's another question). And then for the last 20, same deal (very nearly, trials you need to go in Duty Finder for). Yes others will be running around, but no need to interact with them either.

If you decide to play (or not) though, don't treat it like an MMO. A great video (half an hour, but still worth it) is this one from JoCat:

Basically: be there for the spectacle and story. If you're there to grind through it, you (probably) won't enjoy it.

GasBandit

GasBandit

You can literally play it as a single-player game for the first 50 levels
You can... but I won't.

See, I'm not saying I don't LIKE MMOs... I'm saying they cause RL problems for me. Everquest was a major detrimental factor to my job performance back in 1999.

"You don't HAVE to inject the heroine we put here on the table in front of you, heroine addict."

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

You can... but I won't.

See, I'm not saying I don't LIKE MMOs... I'm saying they cause RL problems for me. Everquest was a major detrimental factor to my job performance back in 1999.

"You don't HAVE to inject the heroine we put here on the table in front of you, heroine addict."
To be fair, this is me and SMITE and alot of lootboxy games. I know what it's like to just have an easily scratchable addiction and it fucking sucks when it involves a social activity a lot of your friends engage in.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

You can... but I won't.

As a former mmo junkie myself, I will say that the one thing that got me back into playing an mmo of how much FFXIV respects my time. I never feel pressured to try to catch up to something or if I don't do this right now I'm gonna miss out, I can comfortably play it as little or as much as I want

Terrik

Terrik

As a former mmo junkie myself, I will say that the one thing that got me back into playing an mmo of how much FFXIV respects my time. I never feel pressured to try to catch up to something or if I don't do this right now I'm gonna miss out, I can comfortably play it as little or as much as I want
Yeah this is pretty much it. The fact I can enjoy myself while also having the eternal grind of professional school says a lot about the game.

GasBandit

GasBandit

It is more that the social aspects of the game will probably devour my life because every MMO I've played in the past, that's exactly what happened. In fact, the social aspects kept me playing most of them LONG past when I'd actually gotten sick of the games themselves.

PatrThom

PatrThom

GasBandit, we already know you’re a heroine addict. Especially red-headed ones. ;)
the one thing that got me back into playing an mmo of how much FFXIV respects my time.
The trouble I have with any “social” game is my schedule is so irregular that I can’t really play any game “with” other people, because I can’t meet up for adventuring on any kind of regular schedule, and so either everyone else outlevels me, or I miss out on all the “group mandatory“ activities (e.g., raids) and I quickly become the stereotypical tag-along coattail member of the party.

—Patrick

GasBandit

GasBandit

GAH I have been using wrong words like crazy lately. Yesterday I said geographic when I meant geometric. Now this.

PatrThom

PatrThom

GAH I have been using wrong words like crazy lately. Yesterday I said geographic when I meant geometric. Now this.
Hey up until a few days ago, I thought "plethora" and "panoply" were interchangeable.
They are not.

--Patrick

Terrik

Terrik

2022-05-11_23-08-19-619_OMGEorzea Gameplay.png
2022-05-11_23-11-20-686_OMGEorzea Gameplay.png
2022-05-11_23-29-51-236_OMGEorzea Gameplay.png
2022-05-12_22-40-48-315_OMGEorzea Gameplay.png
2022-05-12_22-42-17-759_OMGEorzea Gameplay.png
2022-05-12_23-11-33-593_OMGEorzea Gameplay.png
2022-05-12_23-12-05-990_OMGEorzea Gameplay.png
2022-05-12_23-14-51-927_OMGEorzea Gameplay.png
2022-05-12_23-15-12-107_OMGEorzea Gameplay.png

2022-05-12_23-46-45-771_OMGEorzea Gameplay.png

2022-05-12_23-46-57-422_OMGEorzea Gameplay.png

Dei

Dei

Apple in the Darkness
1652426019847.png

Terrik

Terrik

Huh, I like the eyewear. Also I love the Apple / Tea emotes

Dirona

Dirona

I am a loyal Gridanian cat-girl, and so I was whining about having to go to Limsa for some reason - "it's too busy and too loud!"
Port into town: teleport noise --> quiet --> *BWAWH* *electric guitar power chord*! --> Limsa background music starts.
Sheesh.

Dei

Dei

Huh, I like the eyewear. Also I love the Apple / Tea emotes

Terrik

Terrik

2022-05-17_22-35-01-062_OMGEorzea Gameplay.png
2022-05-17_22-35-31-432_OMGEorzea Gameplay.png
2022-05-17_22-36-32-698_OMGEorzea Gameplay.png
2022-05-17_22-37-02-313_OMGEorzea Gameplay.png

Terrik

Terrik

I've expanded into meme territory.

2022-05-18_23-12-06-623_OMGEorzea Gameplay.png

Terrik

Terrik

Went to my first "clubbing" experience and found myself on the DJ's stream on Twitch. We sure have come a long way since I played Asheron's Call.

dance club.png

2022-05-19_01-42-02-542_OMGEorzea.png

Here's the menu:

Terrik

Terrik

Went clubbing again. Won a raffle for the black umbrella. Also bought the whole club out for 1 million gil and the FC owner had the staff hand out free drinks in honor of me completing dental school. Since most of my class left Erie already, this was actually really cool and fun.

2022-05-22_00-11-49-064_OMGEorzea Gameplay.png
2022-05-22_00-24-22-369_OMGEorzea Gameplay.png
2022-05-22_01-57-00-944_OMGEorzea Gameplay.png
2022-05-22_02-12-34-151_OMGEorzea Gameplay.png
ffxiv_22052022_143943_909.jpg

Terrik

Terrik

Chillin on my FC's steps

2022-06-08_10-39-48-878_GShadeCityofSin.png
2022-06-08_10-40-53-622_OMGEorzea.png
2022-06-08_10-41-31-647_OMGEorzea.png
2022-06-08_10-42-55-460_OMGEorzea.png
2022-06-08_10-43-38-528_OMGEorzea.png

Terrik

Terrik

Now I got FC members asking me to pose them. Here's my FC leader:

2022-06-08_22-23-22-695_OMGEorzea.png

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

Sadly I didn't have time to use gpose and get some real cinematic shots, but here's some regular ass screenshots from the Crystal data-server pride parade today.

The parade started in Gridania and walked across all the major city zones. I wasn't able to join until they'd already reached Ul'Dah.

1654978895364.png

Leaving the gates of Ul'Dah, heading towards the waking sands. It's hard to tell exactly how many were in attendance, the line stretches off screen here, and continues fairly far behind.

1654979025340.png

Everyone knows this walk, everyone's done it a million times. It's time to return to the waking sands.

1654979104654.png

After taking the ferry from Horizon and the waking sands, we land in our final destination, Limsa Lominsa, by far the gayest of the three city-states.

1654979203703.png

Some helpful astrologians help mark the proper path through the city.

1654979317491.png

We approach upon our final stop. Party time at the aft castle!

1654979413417.png

My EYES!

1654979468389.png

Overall we had about 200 people in attendance. All of whom were viciously blinded at the end by the light show.

1654979595802.png

The afterparty lasted a good bit, with lots of people milling around, playing music, and pledging to donate to the Trevor Project.

1654979917236.png

As the sun rose I decided to don my bard gear and start adding to the music.

1654980036859.png

If you're curious, the songs played were YMCA, Born this Way, and Montero

1654980202663.png

A cheer line of Hrothgar formed, which naturally happens any time a large group of Hrothgar congregate. Fun fact, 100% of Hrothgar are gay, even the straight ones. It's just how it is.

Terrik

Terrik

More requests from my FC. I have so much fun doing this stuff.

2022-06-12_14-44-39-836_JohnniVaporwave.png
2022-06-12_14-59-43-591_JohnniVaporwave.png
2022-06-12_15-45-51-614_OMGEorzea.png
2022-06-12_15-46-38-367_OMGEorzea.png
2022-06-12_15-49-23-639_OMGEorzea.png
2022-06-12_19-56-05-764_OMGEorzea.png
2022-06-12_19-57-52-054_OMGEorzea.png

Terrik

Terrik

More attempts at making my own custom poses
2022-06-15_10-59-44-784_OMGEorzea Gameplay.jpg

2022-06-15_11-01-50-973_OMGEorzea Gameplay.png

2022-06-15_11-04-05-240_OMGEorzea Gameplay.jpg

2022-06-15_11-05-40-229_OMGEorzea Gameplay.jpg

Terrik

Terrik

Having my own wedding tomorrow with my FC mate. I had some art commissioned for the occasion!

ill 443 2.png

ill 443.png

junjunremicloseup.png

Terrik

Terrik

My FC leader wanted to learn more about Anamnesis and I got carried away. Here's Part I of my guide:

Terrik

Terrik

I'm gone further down the gpose rabbit hole. Its pretty much all I do---in addition to booking for a large club venue and being the personal manager for our FC leader and DJ. Not my old FC and leader of course--I jumped off of Coeurl and moved to Mateus. She keeps me busy and I've got a slew of google calendars, docs and my discord server bar and DMs are longer than my arm. I haven't touched "content" in weeks. I'm having a blast and meeting some interesting people.

Some of my more recent work:

2022-07-31_02-50-02-796_PROJECT CRYSTAL.jpg
2022-08-05_00-04-43-745_Neneko_Wonderland2.jpg
2022-08-05_00-06-00-443_Neneko_Wonderland2.jpg
2022-08-05_21-53-55-662_Neneko_Will-o'-wisp.jpg
2022-08-12_22-19-05-826_Neneko_Kawaii.jpg
2022-08-12_22-44-37-255_Neneko_Cocktail.jpg
Junjundancer.jpg
2022-08-14_10-42-11-511_Neneko_Nightingale.jpg
2022-08-06_13-59-00-398_Neneko_Gothic Lolita.png
2022-08-08_20-19-00-889_Neneko_Dark Rainbow.png
2022-08-08_20-29-11-755_Neneko_Seeker.png
2022-08-08_23-37-03-375_Neneko_Hymn.png
2022-08-09_00-07-15-828_Neneko_Paradise Lost.png
2022-08-06_19-51-49-164_Maya Sakura.png
AemMorningTea.jpg
2022-08-10_20-47-43-113_Neneko_Woodland.png
2022-08-10_21-52-21-777_Neneko_Sunshine.png

Attachments

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

The music to the new raid absolutely slaps

Dirona

Dirona

I have left my island sanctuary once (briefly) since the patch.

Msq? What msq?

Dei

Dei

Girl Talk vibes

ffxiv_dx11_B4Y6vt9JmG.pngffxiv_dx11_N0zUI4q7df.png

figmentPez

figmentPez

Dirona

Dirona

It's that time of year folks!
Time to break out the instruments and play "Last Christmas" all around Eorzia.
And other Christmas-y songs too, I suppose. It makes for a change from my usual shanties by the ocean fishing dock.

figmentPez

figmentPez

figmentPez

figmentPez

Low poly grapes!

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

Getting back into FF14 just in time for the annual rising event, celebrating the rebirth of the game.

You guys, I met god...

yoshi.png

(I know this happens every year, scroll back enough and I probably made this same joke, but it always surprises me.)

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

Getting back into FF14 just in time for the annual rising event, celebrating the rebirth of the game.
I like that all the leads from the FF14 team got to write a short message this year, since it's the 10th anniversary.

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

ffxiv_dx11 2023-09-28 17-42-51.png

Hello and Happy Patch Day!

Dirona

Dirona

I'm back baby! And so is playing Christmas tunes around Eorzea! Today we're featuring "All I Want for Christmas is You" underneath the Gridanian aetherite plaza.

ffxiv_11032023_161715_374.png

A few people even found me!

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

I'm back baby! And so is playing Christmas tunes around Eorzea! Today we're featuring "All I Want for Christmas is You" underneath the Gridanian aetherite plaza.

View attachment 46433

A few people even found me!
You monster

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

ffxiv_dx11 2023-07-01 23-33-00.png

A view from my island

Dirona

Dirona

@Eriol and I are getting hitched in-game next Saturday (Feb. 24) at 4pm Eastern, over on Exodus.

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

I love that you’re making it official in game!!

Dirona

Dirona

@Eriol and I are getting hitched in-game next Saturday (Feb. 24) at 4pm Eastern, over on Exodus.
Pic! 'Cuz it happened!
ffxiv_02242024_172601_128.png

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

Congratulations!

PatrThom

PatrThom

Pic! 'Cuz it happened!
Great! Now get down off that chair before you fall and hurt yourself!

--Patrick