Former President Trump Thread

Just looking at the video still image, it's kinda weirding me out how Melania looks like she stepped right out of Team America: World Police

Just looking at the video still image, it's kinda weirding me out how Melania looks like she stepped right out of Team America: World Police
Here's what she looked like back when she could still open her eyes... and still looked like she's being held hostage

1598589002309.png

Why is the White House thing a problem ?
Because of the Hatch Act, for one.

EDIT: And also this, directly from the Dept of Justice:
An employee may not use his public office for his own private gain or for that of persons or organizations with which he is associated personally. An employee's position or title should not be used to coerce; to endorse any product, service or enterprise; or to give the appearance of governmental sanction
...so basically, holding this at the White House could possibly be used as an attempt to put the idea into people’s heads that the White House and Trump are one and the same, and belong together.

—Patrick

Last edited:
Today Rand Paul is crying that protesters attacked him outside of the White House and he had to be saved by police.

figmentPez

Staff member
Why is the White House thing a problem ?
Because it promotes the idea that one candidate's campaign is the campaign. It attaches the nation to the candidate, which is something that must be avoided, if we are to avoid fascism. Trump, despite being the sitting president, is NOT America. The American government cannot endorse Trump as a candidate, and thus Trump should not be given the imagery of the White House and it's grounds for use in his campaign.

This type of imagery, promoting Trump as the American government itself, is what dictators do.

Not just in the States, but in many countries, the civil service is meant to be non-partisan. By having the event there, he has forced many civil servants to support and/or work for his campaign which goes against their work descriptions and the purpose of the civil service as a whole to be a a neutral workforce that supports the elected officials of the day.

Oh, and I thought it has something to do with using government property basically for free. Or in other words using the tax money of all citizens for his campaign.

Thanks for the Info.

Oh, and I thought it has something to do with using government property basically for free. Or in other words using the tax money of all citizens for his campaign.

Thanks for the Info.
That is also part of the Hatch Act, as these people get paid with federal funds.

Does anyone else feel there was a shift back in Trump’s favor during the past week?

I’m seeing story after story of polls in battleground states tightening up, support for Biden slipping, election interference, and Trump’s fucking minions getting bolder and bolder. It’s really starting to fray my nerves and makes me think we’re witnessing 4 more years of Trump, the possible end of democracy in the USA, and a general slide towards oblivion.

Please tell me this country isn’t about to make the same stupid fucking mistake twice.

Does anyone else feel there was a shift back in Trump’s favor during the past week?

I’m seeing story after story of polls in battleground states tightening up, support for Biden slipping, election interference, and Trump’s fucking minions getting bolder and bolder. It’s really starting to fray my nerves and makes me think we’re witnessing 4 more years of Trump, the possible end of democracy in the USA, and a general slide towards oblivion.

Please tell me this country isn’t about to make the same stupid fucking mistake twice.
TBH, there's no guarantee we made a mistake the first time. There's a good chance that it was tampering.

There's a good chance that it was tampering.
TIL of the book Foundations of Geopolitics: The Geopolitical Future of Russia from 1997:
The textbook advocates a sophisticated program of subversion, destabilization, and disinformation spearheaded by the Russian special services. [...] Russia should use its special services within the borders of the United States to fuel instability and separatism, for instance, provoke "Afro-American racists". Russia should "introduce geopolitical disorder into internal American activity, encouraging all kinds of separatism and ethnic, social and racial conflicts, actively supporting all dissident movements – extremist, racist, and sectarian groups, thus destabilizing internal political processes in the U.S. It would also make sense simultaneously to support isolationist tendencies in American politics".
Again, this book came out twenty-three years ago.

--Patrick

figmentPez

Staff member
Reminder that Melania Trump is a racist. She's an awful person in her own right, and is complicit in the evil that Trump does. That she is likely also a victim does not excuse her from being horrible.

YOU. HAVE. GOT. TO. BE. FUCKING. KIDDING. ME.

Stories are beginning to spread that the emergency visit to Walter Reed was for a 'cerebral event,' likely a stroke.

Meaning the Stalin-esque exit is still in play.