Former President Trump Thread

We all know that he picked Habba entirely based on her looks alone.

Trump text to Habba: Wht makes u qualified 2B my lawyer?
Habba: *Sends nude pic*
Trump: Ur hired.

I don't see a Supreme Court granting a President immunity while in office though. Trump court or not, that means it would also apply to Dem presidents.

I don't see a Supreme Court granting a President immunity while in office though. Trump court or not, that means it would also apply to Dem presidents.
Perhaps, but pulling it across the elections, claiming there's no federal grounds for it, etc etc?
I can't possibly imagine this court going "yep, the states are all free to throw Trump off the ballot" either.

I imagine they are going to strike down throwing him off the ballot because he hasn't been proven guilty in a court of law yet, even though they did try to establish guilt when they did it.

But I REALLY don't think they want to go down the slippery slope of Presidents being allowed to commit whatever crimes they want.

I predict they are going to rule that the 14th Amendment only applies to former Confederates, so it has no application to Trump whether he started an insurrection or not. It’ll be a 6-3 decision, allowing the conservatives on the count to protect Trump without declaring presidents to be above the law. And they fucking love the idea of original intent anyway, so it keeps them consistent(ly awful).

“One of the presidents of a big country stood up and said, ‘Well sir, if we don’t pay and we’re attacked by Russia, will you protect us?’ I said, ‘You didn’t pay? You’re delinquent?’ He said, ‘Yes, let’s say that happened.’ No, I would not protect you. In fact, I would encourage them to do whatever the hell they want,” Trump said.
Trump's model is based on that legend of letting homes burn which haven't paid their fire insurance?

--Patrick

And every time that man says shit like “it’s a very sad day for this country” when he’s in legal trouble, I just want to vomit a little.

Eh. Giuliani was "broke" and couldn't pay his fine either... He said, from his multimillion dollar penthouse.
Odds of Trump never paying: 99%.
He can't claim insolvency because v he never loses, but he can just keep appealing and restarting and keep it up. 'till he's back in office and the government pays, or die before it ever comes to paying... Or just convince his base he's rich as Croesus (that should be rich like Trump amirite) but the Deep State is deliberately blocking him from using his wealth etc etc

Eh. Giuliani was "broke" and couldn't pay his fine either... He said, from his multimillion dollar penthouse.
He can't claim insolvency because v he never loses, but he can just keep appealing and restarting and keep it up. 'till he's back in office and the government pays, or die before it ever comes to paying... Or just convince his base he's rich as Croesus (that should be rich like Trump amirite) but the Deep State is deliberately blocking him from using his wealth etc etc
Trump could be required to deposit his portion of the full judgment plus interest during an appeal. Trump could also post a smaller amount with collateral and interest by securing a type of loan called an appeal bond. But he may have trouble finding a willing lender after Engoron found he lied to banks about his wealth.
That "could be" is too much wiggle room, though.

He literally won't be able to get a bond.

- All the guys who have the cash to finance the bond are in New York. He can't do business there for 3 years.
- Outside of his properties, all of his assets are basically fictional except for maybe his Truth stock. (Gee, I wonder why THAT is about to go public? It's almost like Trump needs a cash inflow.)
- His properties are already collateral for several of his outstanding loans. Loans he can't pay now that he's broke. All of that shit's about to go out for auction.

figmentPez

Staff member
ROFL "Boycott NYC" is trending because trumpers want truckers to stop delivering to New York City in a tantrum over Trump being a criminal.

and....

Dave

Staff member
For Trump's fraud case he had to present a list of his businesses. Six of them mysteriously had their addresses changed from Trump Tower in NYC to Florida. Yeah, the courts are not amused.

Yeah they caught that early on and just stopped. But if your're going to transfer all your holdings from BusinessName to BusinessName2, you're not being very clever.

He's the President from Spaceballs.