Funny Pictures Thread. It begins again

And I'm tempted to say, if you want to shake the H2G2 connection, to trry and make Zaphod combine differently. Zanussi? Zorro? Ziggy? Zania?

No, no. Zaphod gets to stay "Zaphod." Only the new cat's name is restricted to be outside the HH canon.

--Patrick
you're misunderstanding me.
I don't mean you should rename Zap, but since two cats growing up together tend to have "complementary" names (whether it's James and Lily Potter or Zaphod and Trillian or Bob and Dole or whatever), having Zaphod and Li'l Miss would raise questions which would time and again lead back to "yeah we had Zaphod and Trillian but...". Having Zaphod and Zania or whatever would seem to indicate a name choice based on the sound, rather than literary background and thus help avoid having to retell a painful memory.

Having listened to the song in question, I don't see how that could possibly work and satisfy everyone involved.

All right, how much do we need to bribe @bhamv3 to try this on his wife? I'm willing to give up several Steam keys for the cause.

Here's the song in question if you can't see the rest of the Twitter thread.

Apparently TikTok is all over this story, including the original artist

1662461087606.png

These are, apparently, all real things, and though I've now read some humorous reviews, I can only hope someone here (hi @Frank ) will willingly suffer for our enjoyment and try them and write about it.

They used to carry them at the dollar store where I used to live.
They also used to carry Frostop, which I miss in that nostalgic "it was great but not great enough for me to expend the effort needed to get some in my current situation."

--Patrick

I don't recognize all of the references.
I haven't seen any episodes, but I assume first and last panels are Squid Game.
I don't recognize "The clients" and "the Managers" refs.
The Perks just looks like some crap ass lame cookies, which is metaphorical. I think these are from squid game too..(?)
The career progression looks like it could be the final stage of American Ninja Warrior, where contestants have to brave a near impossible obstacle course, most fail, but those who succeed climb that ladder and win.

edit:
The cookies were a squid game challenge..I remember reading the recipe a while back, which I just googled and found again

edit 2: Evidently the animal masks are also squid game. Maybe I should watch some of this show. lol

Well yeah, I got Squid Game from the first and last and figured the cookies might be, too, since they sport the symbols. Don't recognize the rest so I was wondering if they were all SG or not and if so what/who they are