Funny (political, religious) pictures

Not sure if funny, or terrifying:

Bonus dilemma if the robot carries a drone inside. Would it then get classed as a pregnant robot?
This is a false equivalency.

Rather is using undocumented immigration as an allegory to show why the idea of slowing coronavirus testing in order to generate better numbers is ludicrous because he knows UI is something Trump’s administration thinks is important enough that they actually WANT to find every individual. He is calling out their double standard and at the same time intimating that the administration is being overzealous in their enforcement of UI.

Excluding undocumented migrants from the census rolls, however, is a move deigned to punish sanctuary cities and the like by forcing them to underreport the number of people actually living there, which will result in cuts to the amount of aid and services the federal government will be required to render. It is yet another attempt by his administration to financially starve opponents that he could not coerce by other means. The intent is completely different.

—Patrick

Last edited:
This is a false equivalency.
[Commentary about undocumented immigrants and the Census]
I want to take a moment to revisit this comparison to point out just how outrageously insidious this Census thing really is. I already explained how it is from a bureaucratic point of view, where underreporting a population will result in a reduction of assistance, representation, and so on. These are unfortunate, but they are not the real tragedy.

No, the biggest deal here is that the purpose of the Census is not to get a count of the number of citizens, it is to get a count of the number of people. A directive not to count undocumented immigrants for the national Census is literally a directive to not count them as people, and instead reduce them to the status of... I don’t know—pets, or wildlife, or something. In other words, it is yet another attempt by this administration to inject official codification and legitimization of their nationalist, exclusionary agenda, and it should be universally decried as such. And anyone who continues to support such a measure after being informed of this fact deserves to have their motives questioned.

—Patrick

A directive not to count undocumented immigrants for the national Census is literally a directive to not count them as people, and instead reduce them to the status of... I don’t know—pets, or wildlife, or something.

—Patrick
I think the traditional approach is pests, vermin and /or social disease.

As someone who thinks "cancel culture" is bullshit and prefers beers that taste good, this tweet might literally have been written for me.

I don't dislike IPA's, but they're overdone, boring, and lack imagination. No, your IPA is not suddenly Different because you added orange peels, annoying hipster twit.
That said, still better than the "mine has more alcohol and is therefore best" style beer makers.

I don't dislike IPA's, but they're overdone, boring, and lack imagination..
They’re thin, empty, and bitter. The 3 or 4 times a year I actually ask for a beer, it had better either have some serious heft to it, or else it had better be dessert. Or both.

—Patrick

The supertaster in me can't stand most beers these days - they're all so fucking hoppy. Even lagers are getting out of hand. Luckily 10 barrel brewing has a lovely American Raddler that they make with sour beer and citrus.

I think American IPAs are really different from ours... They're supposed to be lots of things, but thin? I wouldn't class most of them as such.
Again, though, I'm not a huge fan.

The supertaster in me can't stand most beers these days - they're all so fucking hoppy. Even lagers are getting out of hand. Luckily 10 barrel brewing has a lovely American Raddler that they make with sour beer and citrus.
This. I have that gene and it makes most beer taste like absolute shit. If I have to drink beer, I'm usually doing Imperial or Milk Stoats.

Ever tried their cucumber sour? Pretty refreshing.