Funny (political, religious) pictures

AI is the worstbest thing ever
It's funny and all, but if not 2024 then definitely 2028 we'll have smart, well read, savvy people being fooled by perfectly believable videos of politicians saying things that are just close enough to real to pass the smell test.
Sure, we'll laugh at the people who fall for the Kamala Harris video where she "accidentally" lets slip her goal is to round up and kill all white men. But just like with spam, the 90%absolutely obvious crap means the 10% nearly believable stuff passes that much more easily.
We're entering a hellscape of alternate realities and laws like "all deep fake Ai videos need to have clear markers in their data" will man absolutely jack shit to troll farms in Zambia or Uzbekistan or wherever further destabilizing our society.

... Sorry, did my depressive negativity make it out into the open again?

Normally I invoke the line from Jurassic Park as a joke, but this is definitely getting into real “So preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn’t stop to think if they should” territory.

Last edited:
People like us are justifiably concerned about misuse of this technology. But I’ll bet people in Hollywood are actively shitting their pants every single time something new like this comes out.

—Patrick

There’s a furious debate going on over whether that line was added by a disgruntled employee or whether it was left in by a clueless one.

—Patrick

Kid Rock: "Bud Light is the Devil! I'm calling on all my followers to boycott Bud Light!"
AB InBev, makers of Budweiser, Busch, Michelob, Stella, Corona, Becks, etcetera: "Oh? Well, we are calling on all those who consume any of our products to boycott Kid Rock and his shows!"
Kid Rock: "Hey, wait..."

--Patrick

Why pay attention to this kind of shit? I think we all know by now that the right doesn't try and have any kind of dialog in good faith, it's about pissing off liberals and riling up the base. All you're doing is feeding into their hands. Not to say people shouldn't keep an eye on what they're saying, but amplifying this kind of stuff only helps Stone et al.

Nick Adams is a genuine conservative, but he says intentionally stupid things to get attention. He breaks people's brains because sometimes he's actually kind of funny, which is an incredibly rare from a conservative.