Funny (political, religious) pictures

Having grown up around American Catholics, a lot of them don't seem to actually understand the basic tenants of their own religion, even after going to Catholic School.
That's because Catholic School is designed to reinforce Catholic Social behaviours and not knowledge of Catholicism. That's why they have to isolate them from other kids for hours everyday.

Our Catholic schools (of which I am a high school graduate of) are...not like this at all. We had compulsory religion class and some conservative-esque social values enforced (we had a booze allowed wet graduation though so take that as you will, yay drinking age of 18), but there really wasn't much different from the non-Catholic system otherwise.

That's because Catholic School is designed to reinforce Catholic Social behaviours and not knowledge of Catholicism. That's why they have to isolate them from other kids for hours everyday.
Catholic schools’ primary goal is to inculcate, not educate.
That’s why we have so many billboards/lawn signs/ads offering “free” preschool/elementary education at “God‘s Academy Center“ or “Our Lady of Discipline“ around here right now. They sense an opportunity, and with the number of families so unprepared to deal with at-home schooling and forced to deal with having their child home all day, I’ll bet their volume of applications has increased significantly over the last year.

—Patrick

Our Catholic schools (of which I am a high school graduate of) are...not like this at all. We had compulsory religion class and some conservative-esque social values enforced (we had a booze allowed wet graduation though so take that as you will, yay drinking age of 18), but there really wasn't much different from the non-Catholic system otherwise.
Yeah mine wasn't really super indoctrinatey either, I don't doubt this changed somewhere in the last 30 years, and it's probably more common to be brainwashy in more heavily religious areas, but it was mostly normal classes, plus religion classes that pretty much just taught us the same shit every year. But the irony of being taught Jesus wanted us to be kind to others, while propping up the class bullies as "grade leaders" was not lost on anyone.