Funny (political, religious) pictures

It’s just a meme format. Don’t read too much into that.
It's hard not to, though. The format is weirdly specific, dividing the genders. Implying that men wouldn't be violent or that women would just automatically be the murderous ones. I get that I'm overthinking it, but I don't know. It just doesn't sit right with me.

If I had to make the argument for Reagan, he is the one who brought the evangelical brand of extremist Christianity into the wider flock of GOP groups. And because of this, he inspired Republican presidents after him to appoint anti-choice judges, which eventually led to the dismantling of Roe v. Wade.

Though there are other ways I could argue he was particularly bad for women. That's just the first one that came to mind.

Implying that men wouldn't be violent or that women would just automatically be the murderous ones.
I will say it's a SciFi trope that "Men will get the glory, but women will get things done." Women in Golden Age SciFi stories are either the cheese at the end of the maze (à la Princess Peach) or else they are the most Pro of protagonists (e.g. Friday). There's not a whole lot in between.
...but yeah, probably overthinking it.

--Patrick

figmentPez

Staff member
I don't get this one. I agree that Reagan was a monster and responsible for a lot of today's problems in America, if not the world, but why women specifically?
The format of the meme is that men use time machines for stupid shit, and women use the time machine to accomplish something.

It is very much a gender wars type of format, but it's not about violence vs non-violence.

The format of the meme is that men use time machines for stupid shit, and women use the time machine to accomplish something.

It is very much a gender wars type of format, but it's not about violence vs non-violence.
I dunno, I've seen it more often the other way around - the women doing something useless and the men doing something grand.

Wait ,I've seen that video before, but I thought it was Eastern Turkey or some other Dumbfuckistan where they paid $50million for a train track and spent $2million on the actual track and $48million on keeping the administration happy. That's actually Ohio?
Seriously folks, spend one tenth of what you're spending on bombs, on infrastructure and we'd all be driving flying cars by now.

figmentPez

Staff member
Wait ,I've seen that video before, but I thought it was Eastern Turkey or some other Dumbfuckistan where they paid $50million for a train track and spent $2million on the actual track and $48million on keeping the administration happy. That's actually Ohio?
Seriously folks, spend one tenth of what you're spending on bombs, on infrastructure and we'd all be driving flying cars by now.
It probably needs to be fact checked, but I posted for the Thomas the Tank Engine stunts, and the embed plug-in insists on showing more than just the tweet you link to.

From what I understand it was fairly short connecting line that isn't meant to pull freight, and has since been replaced.