Funny videos

"Target identified, it fits template, begin collection run."
"...okay the rest of this is not going as expected and now I don't know what I should be doing."

--Patrick

Intentional misinterpreting of what Gas said
It may be hard to believe, but this time, it wasn't. I was deliberately making the double entendre with the song carrying the insinuation the video makes (like @Celt Z alluded to) and also the fact that "seasoning" frequently just means throwing some brown sugar into whatever you're making.

--Patrick

I had never heard that song before. I looked it up, looked up the lyrics, and... holy fucking shit. :Leyla:
Considering they changed their own lyrics for that song several times, starting as early as the 80's...yeah, you done fucked up.
(To his credit, Mick Jagger admits this. In an interview around 1995, I believe, he says he wrote the song in 45 minutes, they recorded it, and within the next decade, they all decided it was a bad idea to keep the original lyrics. Even the several-times edited lyrics are kinda sketchy, tho'.)

They used to play the...3rd revision? of it on the radio, but you never even hear that version on air anymore for obvious reasons.

Considering they changed their own lyrics for that song several times, starting as early as the 80's...yeah, you done fucked up.
(To his credit, Mick Jagger admits this. In an interview around 1995, I believe, he says he wrote the song in 45 minutes, they recorded it, and within the next decade, they all decided it was a bad idea to keep the original lyrics. Even the several-times edited lyrics are kinda sketchy, tho'.)

They used to play the...3rd revision? of it on the radio, but you never even hear that version on air anymore for obvious reasons.
It still plays on lots of classic rock stations around the country.

GasBandit

Staff member

Kahlua used a big-band version of it for a while to advertise their pre-mixed white russians. They had the sales pitch start talking over the problematic parts (so basically right after the first "How come you taste so good").

When my stepmother (who is black) saw it on TV, and saw how they cleaned it up, she cracked up laughing.

It still plays on lots of classic rock stations around the country.
They stopped playing it around here a while back. I remember thinking sometime in the past 2 years I couldn't remember the last time I heard Brown Sugar on the radio. It used to be played fairly often, too.

They stopped playing it around here a while back. I remember thinking sometime in the past 2 years I couldn't remember the last time I heard Brown Sugar on the radio. It used to be played fairly often, too.
I usually listen to Sirius radio stuff, but I’ve been using a truck lately that I only have local stations.

During the past couple of weeks I heard it on a syndicated classic rock program (guessing the time worked for the slot) and at least one other time since the local classic rock doesn’t have local on air staff.

I was going to say this has to be someone's fetish, before realizing it's just yours.
"Busty pretty girl can't fit her boobs in her right suit"... I don't think that qualifies as a fetish. The cosplay, redheadedness, the Russian, it's all just extra cherries on top of a cherry pie.

For anyone curious, this is apparently a Google Translate of the lyrics of an actual song by Taiwanese pop superstar Jay Chou. The song's actually quite good.

You can turn on English captions in this video to see what the song's actually about.
I can't see Jay Chou's name without remembering this awkward hip hop music video he had. I can't remember what the name of the song was (Mr. Z found it), but I want to say it came out around the time of Curse of the Golden Flower? It's still a joke for us to this day.