Games on SALE!

Assassin's Creed 3 is odd: it has one of the most legit interesting settings in the series, but that period also means you don't have a TON of buildings to climb so a lot of what you is climb trees... and your character is, at most, tangentially related to the story. Hunting is kind of cool, sailing is REALLY cool.

I normally don't do this but... watch the story segments on youtube and skip to Black Flag. Unless you want to try the UTTERLY RIDICULOUS AND AWESOME Tyranny of King Washington dlc.
Amen.[DOUBLEPOST=1481479824,1481479639][/DOUBLEPOST]
Eh, I didn't think AssCreed3 was that bad. It has problems, yes, and it pales in comparison to Black Flag, but I still had lots of fun in it. Plus, Haytham and Connor's interactions were great.
Funny how the one guy that I liked the most from the entire series was Haytham, specially when the main protagonist was almost a cardboard cutout after Enzo's life story being told, through 3 games.

And Boston tea party, with killing countless redcoats and not dressed as Indians? The history lover in me died a little.

And Boston tea party, with killing countless redcoats and not dressed as Indians? The history lover in me died a little.
What, you didn't die when you basically cover Paul Revere during his famous ride? Or when LaFeyette (who looks like a fucking 40 year old in-game when he should be in his early 20's) treats you like a complete asshole during the Battle of Monmoth, after you basically win it single-handedly?[DOUBLEPOST=1481488614,1481488509][/DOUBLEPOST]
That's highly debatable, at least to me.
There aren't exactly a huge amount of games covering the American Revolution, let alone stuff that was going on with the Indian tribes at the time... though I do wish it had covered stuff up in Canada and Down South as well.

True, but after brawling with the Pope to get an alien artifact in the previous one, I wasn't expecting that much accuracy, specially as poop-laden streets and sides of buildings would make for terrible parkour. But even my kid who is Brazilian but watches some american cartoons, when I told him I was going to do a Boston Tea Party mission, noticed that.

So I asked someone who is an even bigger adventure gamer than me and she gave me an INCREDIBLY comprehensive answer on Sierra games on Steam vs GoG. In fact, she used to come on here often (@Amorous Eyes).
The versions on GOG will likely always be superior as they always test their games before releasing and include many manuals, patches, and such.

I haven't played all of these on Steam but I know that for example the King's Quest Collection on Steam also as of a few months features both a "Legacy" and a "patched 2016" version of all the games. Notable differences include having the CGA version of KQ1 in one, and the SCI version in the other. I've been able to get these working on Win10-64bit without much of an issue.

King's Quest 8 is notably absent in all KQ collections but you can get it on GOG. We played through it a while ago.

ALL of these will benefit from the patches available on the Sierra Help Pages. For King's Quest that's the "King's Quest Collection DOSBox Update" you can find on the bottom of the King's Quest Patches page. http://sierrahelp.com/.../Patches.../KingsQuestUpdates.html

On GOG (!) I can verify that KQ1-8 are working and so are QFG1-5, SQ1-6, GK1-3, and PQ1-4.

Alternatively, you can also get the KQ1-3 remakes on AGD Interactive. Same for QFG2 (recommended). http://www.agdinteractive.com/games/games.html

tl;dr: Get this if you simply want them in your collection. Get them on GOG if you don't want to have to mess with everything to get them to run. (note: You'll still need some patches either way.)
So, I'm thinking I might get the bundle myself. Maybe play around with the patches, but more likely wait for GoG Connect to offer the games through their linking thing.

Y'know, I think I've just been spoiled by previous sales. I'm looking at my wishlist, with 5 out of 6 games on sale, and none of them are discounted enough, really. Grim Dawn is 45% off, which is as deep as it'll go, probably, and @Dave and @Squidleybits like it but....Eh...I'm still good with TQ, for now, I guess. TW:Warhammer's 25% off, but I might as well wait 'till it goes to 50%. SPAZ2 is 35% off, but....would I really play it? I liked the first, but they're apparently completely different....And Divinity: Original Sin is -50% but, while I've liked and played quite a few Divinity games before (it's a Belgian company, after all, I need to support 'm), I don't have - nor want - a second player to play it with, and it seems more co-op focussed, going by @GasBandit and @Dei's playthrough. Beyond Divinity is the only 2-character one I played before and also the one I liked least, so....I dunno man.
If these were 75% off or under €10 I'd be buying a few of them, now I'm finding it easier to say no.

Y'know, I think I've just been spoiled by previous sales. I'm looking at my wishlist, with 5 out of 6 games on sale, and none of them are discounted enough, really. Grim Dawn is 45% off, which is as deep as it'll go, probably, and @Dave and @Squidleybits like it but....Eh...I'm still good with TQ, for now, I guess. TW:Warhammer's 25% off, but I might as well wait 'till it goes to 50%. SPAZ2 is 35% off, but....would I really play it? I liked the first, but they're apparently completely different....And Divinity: Original Sin is -50% but, while I've liked and played quite a few Divinity games before (it's a Belgian company, after all, I need to support 'm), I don't have - nor want - a second player to play it with, and it seems more co-op focussed, going by @GasBandit and @Dei's playthrough. Beyond Divinity is the only 2-character one I played before and also the one I liked least, so....I dunno man.
If these were 75% off or under €10 I'd be buying a few of them, now I'm finding it easier to say no.
You don't *need* co-op to play Divinity at all.

I bought Orwell and Owlboy with a steam card given to me for secret santa and I'm really enjoying both, especially Owlboy.

Thinking of picking up Doom, but I'm not sure about the DLCs. Anyone know if they're worth it?

EDIT: Oh wait, the DLCs are multiplayer content only. Never mind, not interested.

I bought the new Shantae (small sale but it's also a brand-new game) and it's a blast. Great platforming as always, but the game focuses more on a Mega Man kind of feel, with long stages instead of one big world like previous entries in the series. The controls are fantastic, even in Shantae's various forms, and the artwork is right up there with the remastered DuckTales.

I also got WH40K Space Marine (7 bucks). Lots of fun, though I just rage quit in Chapter 4 because fuck that dropship, man.

I bought the new Shantae (small sale but it's also a brand-new game) and it's a blast. Great platforming as always, but the game focuses more on a Mega Man kind of feel, with long stages instead of one big world like previous entries in the series. The controls are fantastic, even in Shantae's various forms, and the artwork is right up there with the remastered DuckTales.

I also got WH40K Space Marine (7 bucks). Lots of fun, though I just rage quit in Chapter 4 because fuck that dropship, man.
The one on the train? Yeah, that's a pain in the fucking ass.

Yeah, not enough room to deal with the Nob while the fodder rips you in half, and the dropship's bullets slip through the space between tankers and shields so you get shredded anyway.
Took me probably 20 tries to get it. I think overcharging the plasma helped.

Hah my husband was playing that again this week, and I don't know what fight he was doing but it has an unskippable cut scene before it, and he was playing on a higher difficulty so he kept dying, and he got to the point where the cut scene was making him rage.

I also picked up Stories: The Path of Destinies for under $10 off steam and out of all I've bought this sale, it's the one that's really sunk it's hooks in so far.

Shantae is a fantastic 2d platformer.

Pony Island is a bonkers bananas puzzle game (seriously, watch the trailer, it's fucking genius).

Day of the Tentacle is one of the best adventure games ever made.

N++ is a Super Meatboy-esque platformer that's really good.

I've never played the others, but they all have excellent word of mouth, which is the whole point of the bundle, they're all games with overwhelmingly positive reviews on Steam.

VA-11 Hall-A looked kind of interesting at first glance, but apparently it's like a visual novel? Ehhhhh. Anyone familiar enough with the game to sell me on it?

VA-11 Hall-A looked kind of interesting at first glance, but apparently it's like a visual novel? Ehhhhh. Anyone familiar enough with the game to sell me on it?
Why would a visual novel NOT be good? I mean, of course writing quality is key, but if the story is worth telling, it's worth reading. Or in this case, playing.