Games You Own, But Have Not Finished:

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kaykordeath

FF: Revenant Wings.

Can't get past Chaos.

Ironic (maybe?) that the only other FF game I ever really attempted was FFIII and completed that one...

Frankie said:
Because where I live it's a fucking stroke of stupid dumb luck if our local shit shack videostore even brings in most games. They still only have one tiny 4 foot by 4 foot rack for all the current gen systems.

So I order and buy and download games.
Got a mailbox?
http://www.gamefly.com/

Shegokigo said:
Frankie said:
Because where I live it's a fucking stroke of stupid dumb luck if our local shit shack videostore even brings in most games. They still only have one tiny 4 foot by 4 foot rack for all the current gen systems.

So I order and buy and download games.
Got a mailbox?
http://www.gamefly.com/
You must be 18 years of age or older and reside in one of the 50 United States or the District of Columbia to subscribe to the Service.

And yes, I've tried our Canadian version http://gameaccess.ca and found that if I actually want to play a new game, I'll just have to wait the 6 months for a copy to become available. It's like Netflix. The more you use the service, the lower on the totem pole your priority is.

Let's see...

Final Fantasy VI (the PSX port) - After a while, the crumminess of the port (with slowdown that often made it nigh-unplayable) got to be too much. I was really liking the story, too... :explode: Might just get an emulator just to give it another go.

SaGa Frontier 1 & 2 - :puke:

Suikoden 2 - Had borrowed it and had to give it back at some point. Can't say I was too broken up about it.

The first .Hack tetralogy - Was just about to finish the second game and asked myself "do I really see myself playing this for another two games?" The answer was "no, I do not".

Final Fantasy X-2 - Just stopped caring about the story. At all. In any fashion whatsoever.

Nightshade - Got stuck on the last level. Stopped trying.

Odin Sphere - Went too long without playing it for various reasons, to the point where I'd have had to start over to make any sense of the whole thing. Didn't wanna.

Suikoden 5 - Loathed the army battle mechanics. Got to the point where you have to do two in a row. Said no.

Tales of the Abyss - Wanted the main character to die by inches. He refused to oblige. Fucker. :slap:

Ultimate Spider-Man - See Nightshade, only replace "last level" with "that goddamn Venom mission where you need to track down Electro".

Wild ARMs: Alter Code F - It was better (read: actually good) the first time around.

XenoSaga (part 1) - I purchased a game, not a bloody movie.

Wow, that's a lot... And I finish most of the games I play, too.

Dark Star One - a bargain game that was focused around one gimmicky gameplay feature that got old fast. Also had a cheesy story and C-grade voice actors.

Etrom - also bargain game; found it for 3 bucks at Gamestop and figured "Sure, I'll check it out." Played it for a day than never felt compelled to pick it back up.

Final Fantasy IV/V/VI/VIII/IX/X/XII - Many of these I got all the way up to the final boss, lost, and just stopped playing rather than going back for obligatory several hours of extra leveling up. The only Final Fantasy I ever fully beat was VII.

.hack (If you count all 4 games as one big game)/Armored Core 2/Dark Cloud/Final Fantasy X-2/GTA: Vice City/Metal Arms/Summoner/Eternal Ring/Shadow of the Colossus - I'm pretty much reading straight across my PS2 shelf here. Some of them I picked up cheap somewhere and were just too horrible to play past the beginning. Others I wanted to play more but just never got around to. The point is moot because my PS2 is broken and I'm too cheap to get a new one anytime soon.

Armed and Dangerous - A Lucas Arts game from a few years ago that I heard was pretty good. Unfortunately I literally COULDN'T play passed the first couple levels due to huge glitches in the game effecting the mechanics. I don't know if it was the software or my hardware.

Final Fantasy XI - I'm counting as "not finished" because I never got a job to level 75 will all the epic gear. I'd like to someday, but I don't have the money or time to keep my account active.

Brave Fencer Musashi - lost the disk

Untold Legends - PSP game I got as a gift that gets pretty dull without someone to play it with. Basically just a level treadmill.

Spore - got boring

Mount and Blade - I'm not really sure which point of the game counts as "finishing" it, but I never managed to take over the whole kingdom which is what I was aiming for.

Tomb Raider - the first PS1 game I got when I was 9 years old - was too hard for me to beat and when I pick it up now it doesn't really hold my interest

Call of Duty IV - just never picked it back up after first time playing

Doom 3 - Ditto

Several hundred SNES games - I downloaded the whole US game library for emulation. The problem with having so many many games is the moment I feel the least bit tired of one game I can go "I wonder what the next is like?" The one I've come closest to so far is Uncharted Waters 2 - I explored the earth and found all the discoveries, just never completed the final mission.

Jade Cocoon - a cheap pokemon knockoff for PS1. Got boring.

Pokemon (any of them) - I never caught 'em all :waah:

Oblivion/morrowind - I get too distracted with side-missions and ignore the main storyline

Zelda: any of them: I don't think I ever completed all the dungeons for a zelda game.

Myst II/III: couldn't figure out the puzzles. Hell, I only got through the first Myst thanks to an online guide.

M

Mr. Lawface

Bioshock - I didn't think it was great as everyone says.
God of War - It wasn't the kind of game I like.
Shadow of the Colossus - I got busy and never got back to it.
Resident Evil 4 - The controls annoyed the hell out of me.
Beyond Good and Evil - I DON'T KNOW.
Far Cry - Got tired of it.
Heroes of Might and Magic 5 - Storyline was stupid.
Morrowind - See SotC explanation.
Psychonauts - I got stuck at the meat circus.
The Witcher - I'm working on it.
Rainbow Six: Vegas - It was too hard. :X
Dungeon Siege - Bought it forever ago, and when I tried it again I decided it didn't age well.
Prince of Persia - Too hard.
Marvel Ultimate Alliance - I got tired of it fast.

There are probably more that I have forgotten. I'm not able to actually look at my game collection right now.

I'm kinda surprised by all the people who didn't finish RPGs. Those are the games that I find so good I can't help but finish them.

I can tell you a damn good place to quit Beyond Good and Evil. The Slaughterhouse is easily one of the most tedious God damn areas in any videogame ever.

Final Fantasy IX and XII - On IX, I got to the last dungeon and realized I honestly didn't care how the game ended, so I stopped. No interest in any characters save ViVi, who's story I had seen to it's end, pretty much. XII's battle system just pulled me out of the story too much, I couldn't stand it.

Breath of Fire III - Kinda sad I never finished this, I love this series and consider this the last good one (that I played). Never got around to getting done with it though, I can't remember why.

Lost Odyssey - No interest in the story at all past the first 6-7 hours. The intro/prologue was also boring as fuck.

Eternal Sonata - Another I want to get done eventually, but I don't really remember what's going on in the story at the point I'm at now (almost done).

Basicly, I have finished Monkey Island I and II, Sam & Max hit the road, Day of the Tentacle, Broken Sword I, Warioland 1, 2 and 4, Knights of the Old Republic... and I can't think of any more.

The Lucas adventures because I love their humor and Style of Graphic adventuring. No diying, interesting gags, great graphics, a steadily increasing level of difficulty without it becoming excessive...

Broken Sword I because I absolutely loved the plot.

Warioland 1 and 2 because I really liked the style of play (especially for the first one). Not only was Warioland 4 great (and, in some ways, a return to the first game's controls), but it also was the only game I had on my Game Boy advance when I had to spend lots of time in bed after some surgery.

Knights of the old republic RULED SO HARD.

What I can tell you is that I don't finish most of the games I play/own because I don't like to play really difficult games. When I can think of what I must do but find I'm unable to execute it (because of my, let's admit it, lack of talent for accurate control), i start to get frustrated and frustrated until I stop playing.

But I haven't bought a videogame in years. What I like to do is watch my brother play them.

figmentPez

Staff member
* Roller Coaster Tycoon - I had so much fun just playing on a single map, putting more and more insane things in, that I never got around to finishing all the later parks.
* World of Goo - I still plan to finish, I just haven't felt like puzzle games much this year.
* Super Paper Mario - I haven't gamed much on my Wii since I moved it to my bedroom (I still use it a lot for news and some web surfing)
* Wario Land: Shake It! - Same reason. I'll probably finish both at some point.
* Faxanadu - it got too tough at some point and I gave up. In fact, I think I sold it and don't own it anymore.
* Mega Man 2 - Grrr! Stupid tough NES games!
* Afterlife (from Lucasarts) - never even played it. Got it as part of a bundle.
* King's Quest III - frustrating, couldn't even figure it out with lots of hints.

David said:
Bowielee said:
David said:
Spore - got boring
Unless you never even made it to the space stage, you completed it.

Spore doesn't HAVE an ending.
I, um, never made it to the space stage... :paranoid:
You can argue it has an ending - making it to the center of the galaxy.

I won't be the one who argues that, though.

CynicismKills said:
Breath of Fire III - Kinda sad I never finished this, I love this series and consider this the last good one (that I played). Never got around to getting done with it though, I can't remember why.
I bet you were in the desert. The directions given by the guy are wrong--he tells you to follow the star to the left of the one you're supposed to be following. I quit the game for 2 years, and then looked it up online, and finally got to the Goddess's dome, the final dungeon.

Remembered another one:

Any of the Grand Theft Auto games. I actually love the storymode aspect of the game, but after obsessively playing them for so long, I would get tired of it and forget about them. Or get so frustrated doing the same mission over and over, trying to beat it and never could. For example, as much fun as the RC missions were in San Andreas, I could NEVER beat one of the last ones.

ElJuski

Staff member
I usually return or sell any game I don't like, so there aren't many games that I own but haven't finished. Haven't gotten around to selling Dead Rising yet, though, so I'll say that.

Sid Meier's Pirates

Played the hell out of this game but often ignored the main quest. Unfortunately when I did go through the main quest I was playing on the hardest difficulty and my old man pirate was stuck in a stalemate on the final duel.

K

kaykordeath

Just remembered:

The Longest Journey 2. LOOOOOOVVED the first one, but the second one became too action-y and not adventure-y enough. My comp was too slow AND the controls sucked ass when it came to the guy making the pizza catching me snooping around.

C

crono1224

Bioshock - I had crashing problems at one point and never bothered to finish.
FF3 (or what ever the real number is) - It glitched out at one point and I got lazy
Daggerfall - Too young and just liked messing around killing guards more than the actual game.

C

Chazwozel

A hardy fuck you goes out to:

Zelda II Link to the Past

Ninja Gaiden (NES)

Conversely, here's a list of games that I HAVE beaten.

Final Fantasy VII
Final Fantasy Tactics
Portal
Jak and Daxter, Jak II, Jack III, Daxter
Ratchet and Clank , Going Commando, Up your Arsenal, Deadlocked, Size Matters
Spyro the Dragon, Spyro 2, Spyro 3
Super Mario 64 (didn't get all the stars though)
Chrono Trigger
Metal Gear Solid, Metal Gear Solid 2
Tekken 3

so yeah, I've started way more games than I finished... This thread is making me want to go back and complete a few from my first list.

O

Olorin

Viewtiful Joe
Got stuck on the final boss and annoyed that the save point isn't right in front of the final boss but makes you fight several other bosses first.

The Legend of Zelda (NES)
Didn't really know where to go after beating a few dungeons. Should get back to it.

Mega Man 2
Too hard without being fun enough. Might try again some time.

Sonic Mega Collection
Got annoyed by not being able to save, and some of the games just suck.

Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life
Haven't started yet, but I'll get to that soon.

Zelda: Twilight Princess and Metroid Prime 3
When I bought the Wii I had hopped to play these games with much enthusiasm. I didn't get very far before I lost interest and started playing WoW again. I think the problem was that I bought the wii with mostly the party games in mind. Ya know... stuff I could play with my friends.

I've been recently giving Twilight Princess another try and I have to admit it's a good story thus far.

J

JONJONAUG

Resident Evil 1, 2, and 3
A shitload of PS2 games (Clock Tower 3, both Devil Summoner SMT PS2 games, Fire Pro Wrestling Returns, and several others)
Metroid Prime 2 and 3 (stopped playing 2 while looking for the keys to the final boss fight, haven't started on 3 yet despite loving the series)

a whole lot of games. I used to suffer from the "damn the game is almost over, i should play somehting else" disease.

games i own i've not completed

Fallout 3 (was on my way but save crashed)
Oblivion (bleh)
Morrowind (mods got in the way)
Call of Juarez
Bioshock (too much hype so i was disappointed but i'll finish it this summer)
Civ IV: i don't win on deity yet
Drakensang (bought it on steam, don't like it)
Fable 2 (i know, shortest game ever - Fallout 3 got in the way)
Vampire: Bloodlines, always get bored in act 3 :(

and many more

D

Dusty668

Psychonauts-stuck in that dang disco thing, on the bouncy ball.
Half life 2-Just had a meh attack I couldn't fight off.
Plants vs Zombies-I got the silver cup but the second adventure stage, I just haven't got worked up enough to do. Got like 400K in coins tho, garden is doing ok I spose.

M

Mr_Chaz

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

The version I obtained was so bug ridden I couldn't get past the first fight. And the 1st patch made it worse so I just gave up, didn't exactly lose anything of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.