Gas Bandit's Political Thread V: The Vampire Likes Bats

I feel like if they wanted to be more accurate instead of closing business should pay their employees minimum wage for the day, and donate the money that would be going towards payroll taxes to a charity or something.

GasBandit

Staff member
That post, incidentally, got me to front page on imgur :D

And a whoooooole lot of angry, hateful, non-constructive comments.

And I learned a lot of people think "immigrant" means "aboriginal," as in "You're an immigrant, too, because your ancestors came here 200 years ago!" No, I'm not an immigrant, I'm a native. I'm just descended from immigrants.

I feel like if they wanted to be more accurate instead of closing business should pay their employees minimum wage for the day, and donate the money that would be going towards payroll taxes to a charity or something.
Riiiiight.

You've got to get them willing to pay minimum wage first. A lot have to be dragged kicking and screaming to get that far.

You guys realize you won't eat without immigrants right? Like your whole agricultural system is based on it.

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

Wait am I supposed to be in support of unfair working conditions, violations in Federal labor laws and an economic business practice that is based on tax evasion and a workforce that amounts to modern day indentured servitude?

Wait am I supposed to be in support of unfair working conditions, violations in Federal labor laws and an economic business practice that is based on tax evasion and a workforce that amounts to modern day indentured servitude?
Be honest, which one of those do you care about?

You guys realize you won't eat without immigrants right? Like your whole agricultural system is based on it.

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk
not according to the new white house approved history books that are going to be released soon.

Necronic

Staff member
Let's be honest there are enough legal citizens that are complete drains on our economy that the immigrant issue is mostly a rounding error. I mean most of the Deep South is basically a giant ball and chain on us, they are wildly worse for our country then illegal immigrants.

Don't get me wrong, immigration laws should be enforced, but acting like it's a serious issue/priority in our country is just a distraction from the real issues we face.

The funny thing is that the places you see the most virulent anti-immigrant stuff are usually these dead weight areas that don't really have shit for immigrants in the first place. Shitholes in Kentucky, West Virginia, or Mississippi that blame immigrants for the Deep pits they've more or less dug for themselves by being anti-science religious right wing dickheads.

In areas like Houston people really just don't care that much. Our economy kicks ass, it's fairly safe, and it's just getting better. It's a lot harder to push the whole "blame immigrants for all your problems" nonsense here.

Not surprised to see someone from Dallas pulling it though. I would be digging deep for excuses for that city as well.

I wasn't really involved in most of the conversation, but my thought is that I don't know what the correct thing to do about illegal immigration is. It is not an easy issue.

However, I can say with 100% certainty, that every plan Trump has proposed is the very wrong thing to do.
You could say that about pretty much everything.

Necronic

Staff member
I actually care quite a bit about human trafficking. It's something my wife and I talk about regularly. She works with a fair number of those kids.

Don't act like you give a much of a damn about them beyond the prop you can use them for here.

Have you ever used them as a justification before now where you had to reach to the bottom of the bag of human suffering to justify your views?

Human trafficking is a god damned plague. And something the government should be putting a LOT of resources into. But we won't. Because that's not what people like you really are interested in unless you can use it as a some cheap prop.

You're argument is transparent as hell and frankly quite offensive.

Have you seriously ever take. A single step or argument againSt human trafficking before this very moment?

Last edited: