Gas Bandit's Political Thread V: The Vampire Likes Bats

Streaming thing is supposedly just for illegal streams for commercial gain. From that same article:

“Perhaps most surprising, according to the text of the bill being circulated, illegal streaming for commercial profit could become a felony.”

“About a decade ago, Sen. Amy Klobuchar (D-Minn.) made a similar proposal before it ended up dying as people worried about sending Justin Bieber to jail. (No, seriously.) But Tillis' attempt has been winning better reviews for more narrowly tailoring the provisions toward commercial operators rather than users”

The "stimulus bill" is just part of a much larger spending bill.
Yup. As someone who's (now) a government contractor, I've been keeping an eye on it, because it's also the bill that keeps me getting my paycheck because it keeps the government funded and avoids a shutdown.

Not that I think he should just be a crabby bitch and veto it because he's a tantrum throwing child but 5000 page bills negotiated behind closed doors and only giving congress 2 hours to read it before voting is common practice and a good way to hide a lot of pork and fraud

I've lived that Simpsons life. I'm still living it.
But if two of the people in my household weren't getting SS, we'd more likely be living that Lenford life.

--Patrick

If people paying off debt won't stimulate the economy, doesn't that say more about banks hoarding wealth than it does about how stimulus money should be allocated?
...wealth-hoarding individuals can't be permitted to continue stockpiling the nation's wealth*. Doing so just constipates the economy.

*i.e., those who increase their wealth primarily through the labors of others.
Also, if Citizen's United allows money to be designated as "speech," and then the government throws well over six trillion dollars into "Coronavirus Relief" in 2020, but only $1200* of that relief actually percolates down to each citizen, then what message does that actually send to those citizens, hmm?

--Patrick
*so far.

GasBandit

Staff member
I can see how that happened. I mean, it really does make some sense.
It also makes perfect sense for the government to wave these fees due to circumstances. But that'll have to be a decision that percolates down from the top, and I doubt the current top is very bothered by this sort of thing.

Loeffler and Perdue are doubling down on the racism this week, appearing with actual klansmen and flashing white power signs in photos with supporters.

They don't just need to lose, they need to be destroyed. But because this is still Stupid South territory, I'm still a bit pessimistic.

figmentPez

Staff member
Ex-Defense secretaries say military must stay out of election battles

"The U.S. military must not become entangled in any election disputes in the coming days, all 10 living former Defense secretaries wrote in an op-ed published on Sunday. "

“American elections and the peaceful transfers of power that result are hallmarks of our democracy,” they wrote in The Washington Post, adding that everyone in the American defense establishment must “refrain from any political actions that undermine the results of the election or hinder the success of the new team.”
"The rare joint statement was precipitated by a Dec. 26 column by David Ignatius in The Washington Post that outlined a series of recent developments that have alarmed military officials who fear Trump’s hand-picked Pentagon leaders, including Acting Defense Secretary Chris Miller, could overstep the law to assist Trump’s efforts to overturn the election."

" 'It was really our attempt to call out to the American people. We believe all of them are patriotic. They've been led down a path by President Trump, which is an unconstitutional path. And so we felt it was incumbent on us as having served in the Defense Department to say: Please all of you in the Defense Department, you've taken an oath to serve this country, this Constitution, not any given individual,' said William Cohen

Ex-Defense secretaries say military must stay out of election battles

"The U.S. military must not become entangled in any election disputes in the coming days, all 10 living former Defense secretaries wrote in an op-ed published on Sunday. "

“American elections and the peaceful transfers of power that result are hallmarks of our democracy,” they wrote in The Washington Post, adding that everyone in the American defense establishment must “refrain from any political actions that undermine the results of the election or hinder the success of the new team.”
"The rare joint statement was precipitated by a Dec. 26 column by David Ignatius in The Washington Post that outlined a series of recent developments that have alarmed military officials who fear Trump’s hand-picked Pentagon leaders, including Acting Defense Secretary Chris Miller, could overstep the law to assist Trump’s efforts to overturn the election."

" 'It was really our attempt to call out to the American people. We believe all of them are patriotic. They've been led down a path by President Trump, which is an unconstitutional path. And so we felt it was incumbent on us as having served in the Defense Department to say: Please all of you in the Defense Department, you've taken an oath to serve this country, this Constitution, not any given individual,' said William Cohen
It's too bad none of that matters

figmentPez

Staff member

Cassandra Fairbanks is a "journalist" for the Gateway Pundit, and has worked for Russian state-funded media.

I think is far from an unusual viewpoint for Trumpkins these days. They want a hostile takeover of the government by Republicans, and they're going to try to get it.

The slope is starting to slip.

They removed him because the PA GOP is attempting to block the seating of a newly elected Democratic senator, whose opponent has been contesting. Mind you, they already investigated his election win, certified his win, and the PA SC already ruled that his win was legitimate, but they are still attempted to keep him from being seated, and kicked out the Lt. Governor when he attempted to block the motion.

Again there is no sedition, no fraud, nothing. They just decided not to seat him simply because they believe his seat is still in dispute in the legal system, even though it's not.

Correction. I mistakenly heard the senator was a new one, but turns out he was the incumbent. Updated post for accuracy.

Last edited:

GasBandit

Staff member

Cassandra Fairbanks is a "journalist" for the Gateway Pundit, and has worked for Russian state-funded media.

I think is far from an unusual viewpoint for Trumpkins these days. They want a hostile takeover of the government by Republicans, and they're going to try to get it.
I've been saying over and over, that Americans are either discovering or coming to terms with the fact that they prefer a dictator that agrees with them than actual democracy.

Not to get anyone's hopes up but looks like Dems gonna take both Georgia seats. It's of course a close race, but the Dem candidates have been outperforming Biden's numbers per county while Repub candidates are under performing on Trump's numbers from the general.

It looks like a super close race right now, but just like November, the main counties still left to be counted are the ones that later overturned the state for Biden. Black voter turnout is also at an all time high.

Can it still go south? Of course, but we would have to see a huge shift compared to what happened in the general election for those remaining counties.

Hell I know in the end this is meaningless because some Dem senators might as well be Republicans, but just knowing Mitch McConnell will lose some of his power is enough for me to feel satisfied for awhile. I am tired of him obstructing votes.