Gas Bandit's Political Thread V: The Vampire Likes Bats

Well, that's as hardcore as I KNOW EXACTLY THE ANSWER TO THIS QUESTION AND YOU'RE FUCKED IF YOU LIE question I've ever seen. Was she a prosecutor?

Googling says yes.
Kamala Harris is authoritarian scum, if you look at her pre-congressional record in California, and that exchange was a shoddy perjury trap. They didn't run to release the e-mail and blast him about it, which to me screams that they were trying to make a mountain of a molehill.

A quick check didn’t turn anything up regarding her being authoritarian. Could you please elaborate?
Off the top of my head (which isn't the ultimate truth, obviously, but is what got her labelled that way in my head), there's the time she fought the Innocence Project after they found someone innocent, and her persecution of Backpage's owners.

I dislike Reason's slant and tone, but they have a link-ful article that covers a few relevant topics (except the Backpage crap). There's also her Wikipedia article's section, which also covers positive/good things she did during her tenure.

Yeah, reading the reports she has a real bad hard-on for criminals.

She pretty much lost any support I had for her when I read she was agienst parole reform because "if forced to release these inmates early, prisons would lose an important labor pool." Fuck no.

I still wish people would answer the damn questions though.

figmentPez

Staff member
Kamala Harris is authoritarian scum, if you look at her pre-congressional record in California, and that exchange was a shoddy perjury trap. They didn't run to release the e-mail and blast him about it, which to me screams that they were trying to make a mountain of a molehill.
It was a shoddy perjury trap, but someone worthy of being on the Supreme Court should be able to handle such pathetic tactics better than that. It was like watching two boxers claiming to be professionals resort to this:

Meanwhile, Elon Musk is over here smoking blunts on live podcasts while his company piss tests and fires anyone who dares do the same.

The company is shedding executives at a ridiculous rate.

https://www.theverge.com/2018/9/7/17831204/tesla-accounting-hr-executives-resign

I'd be shocked if Musk is allowed to remain in charge after yesterday seeing as the stock is plummeting thanks to his appearance on Joe Rogan.

They best act quick before he starts dropping n-bombs in interviews "BY ACCIDENT".

Elon Musk just seems like a man that snapped.
He lost so much reputation and respect when he accused that British ex-pat of being a pedophile, the adulation he used to get for everything he did is gone, and I think he's doing anything in his power to get back on top - why else would anyone show up and smoke weed with Joe Rogan? To be seen as "cool."

Elon Musk just seems like a man that snapped.
Well, if he's actually working 120h weeksn and uses sedatives, it was just a matter of time.

He dared that diver to sue him if he thought what he tweeted was libel.
As i recall, he first deleted the tweet, but then doubled down on it a lilttle while back, for no reason, by saying that if he was wriong, why didn't he get sued over it by now....

I honestly think he's have a nervous breakdown. He's been revealed to not be the "Willy Wonka"-esque inventor and visionary that he's always pretended to be, and now he just doesn't know what to do about it.

Just outright white supremacy now I see.

Well, it's true, not being able to get along with someone makes working together hard... now, again, why does he think people of different races, creeds or social status can't ever get along?

For the sake of a positive mental attitude, it may be a good idea to stay away from news and social media for the next 24 hours.

Because it's a sure thing the MAGAtts will be spewing venom in the name of 9/11.

Dave

Staff member
Trump on 9-11: HILLARY & NO COLLUSION WITH RUSSIA!! (Yes, this is real from this morning.)

Obama on 9-11:

figmentPez

Staff member
Trump on 9-11: HILLARY & NO COLLUSION WITH RUSSIA!! (Yes, this is real from this morning.)
You're kinda underselling it. It's not just "HILLARY!"; he's claiming the FBI and the DOJ are both corrupt, and worked together to undermine his campaign. He's still trying to set the stage for a transition to fascism. I think he's unhinged enough to think that he can keep the government in his control by force.

The man can't be civil for even a single tweet, calling people "haters and losers" in the same sentence he calls this a "special date". Completely tactless, on both counts.

You missed all the people reminding him that on 9/11 he was tweeting that he now owned the tallest building still standing in New York.

--Patrick