Gas Bandit's Political Thread V: The Vampire Likes Bats

Why would there even be the suggestion that Black students should have an easier exam?
...following the death of George Floyd...
Ah, I understand. Presumably to offset the trauma and distraction.

I'm sorry, no. Reschedule the exam, maybe, but dumb it down? Wouldn't it erode the credibility of the class/university if it came out that they had, I don't know, uh... given students tests of different difficulty based solely on their race?

--Patrick

GasBandit

Staff member
I mean what happened was that 20000 students demanded that he be fired for a dumb reason, the school suspended him for three weeks (presumably with pay, during summer break when there was no teaching anyways), and then decided it was dumb and declared that he did nothing wrong. All of his damages are fallout from the bad publicity, which is hard to blame on the school. If that many students are against a single professor, it’s probably worth it to look into it.
Ehhh, as prone as college students are to brigading and bandwagoning, I tend to take any college protest with a grain of salt until there's something more concrete coming to light.

I guess but a 3 week paid suspension during a time where you don't work anyways and then full exoneration is a pretty nothing thing to happen.

Remember the legitimate rape guy?

Kinda hard to imagine a comment like that losing a Republican an election in a red state nowadays. How things have changed.

Tiktok confuses me. There are so many stories of people admitting to the stupidest shit on there like it's just a random hot take, then get arrested or fired from their jobs for it. What did you expect to happen!? Why are you talking about this on Tiktok!?

"Hey people. It's Billy. Just wanted to let you all know I am driving to my job, Smokey's Bar and Grill in Nowhere, NC, to terminate employment of all the jabbed people. As manager, I have to protect the smart employees from dangerous and idiotic people."

Tiktok immediately finds the place and review bombs them into a crater, guy reaches work and owner immediately fires him.

"Part 2. Hey People, the lefties harassed my work and I was terminated last night for being conservative. It makes me upset because the owner, my friend Johnny Doe, is also conservative, and we even went to the Jan 6th rally together. We all know Trump won. Oh well, sure I can get another job soon."

Like, what is going on. Are these people that starved for attention? For fucks sake.

Holy shit, you mean criminalizing homelessness didn't fix it? It's...it's making it worse? WHO COULD HAVE GUESSED THIS?

Internet continues to be the most destructive invention of all time.
Am starting to realize we as humans were not designed to soak up the amount of information we are soaking up daily. The internet is great, but the click culture of throwing as much sensational shit on the wall that it's hard to breath. Just trying to work today I was bombarded with, "Twitchleak scandal, Zodiac Killer Identity Discovered, School Shooting in Arlington, Watch This Video, Listen to this Podcast, What Do You Think Of..." and so much more. It's exhausting me every day and it's not like I can just go dark for awhile, my job relies on social media, so while I try to block some of it with addons, it's impossible to avoid all the trends and discussions.

GasBandit

Staff member
Am starting to realize we as humans were not designed to soak up the amount of information we are soaking up daily. The internet is great, but the click culture of throwing as much sensational shit on the wall that it's hard to breath. Just trying to work today I was bombarded with, "Twitchleak scandal, Zodiac Killer Identity Discovered, School Shooting in Arlington, Watch This Video, Listen to this Podcast, What Do You Think Of..." and so much more. It's exhausting me every day and it's not like I can just go dark for awhile, my job relies on social media, so while I try to block some of it with addons, it's impossible to avoid all the trends and discussions.
I know it's been posted a million times already, but this just seems so apropos here.

♫Can I interest you in everything all of the time?♫

I yeeted most of the blue checks and news feeds off my twitter. I still hear about how awful the world is from time to time, but it's no longer a constant doomscroll.

I love how they call CNN or NBC leftwing news.

Fucking. LOL.

AT&T needs to be shattered into like 600 different companies.

GasBandit

Staff member
I love how they call CNN or NBC leftwing news.

Fucking. LOL.
I mean, yes, that is the conventional narrative. Discounting batshit tabloids like Newsmax, Bloomberg, and of course OANN, there was only one conservative news network: Fox News. They were the lone conservative bastion in a sea of liberal network after liberal network.

Never mind that when that narrative was being bandied around, Fox News had 65%+ of the viewership.

All this does is prove to me that the billionaire-class are really in charge of everything, since AT&T owns CNN but funds OANN. They keep the fire going so we are always at each others neck, all the while they give our government officials some nice kick backs so they can get some juicy tax cuts and subsidies, all the while they get richer while everyone else gets more poor and in debt. How the fuck are we ever going to get out of this? I feel like when the breaking point someday comes, all the rich people will move out of the country with all their offshore wealth while we eat ourselves.

Does anyone know how strict the immigration is in Norway? I hear the Fjords are pretty breathtaking and they have socialized medicine and child care.

How the fuck are we ever going to get out of this?
[Under the current system,] wealth ultimately moves upwards. The only way to really relieve this "pressure" is for the higher-ups to infuse a bunch of wealth down into the lower tiers WITHOUT any sort of compensation. Otherwise the inequality just continues to build until that pressure becomes severe enough that some form of "correction" occurs.
...eventually there will come a point where the larger [and presumably poorer] group will feel sufficient confidence and/or justification that some sort of coercion/correction will occur, whether it be through politics, protest, or piracy.
--Patrick

I don't know, the human brain is designed to learn how to parse information in certain ways.

IMO it's more that most schools suck at actually teaching your brain to understand stuff, and rely more on rote memorisation, which translates poorly to dealing with a lot of information.

I guess the London Metro police are dropping any investigation into obviously innocent Prince Andrew. Pictured here at a party at Jeffrey Epstein's AFTER the whole pedophilia thing came out.

1633929361151.png

I wonder how this could have happened? Anyways, unrelated, here's the chief of the London Metropolitan Police receiving some award or another from the Queen.

1633929510821.png

figmentPez

Staff member
Republicans are intentionally sabotaging public schools so that they can continue to push for school vouchers, and shift funds away from public schools to private, so that they can segregate schools all over again.

It's likely that this has little to nothing to do with the kids and everything to do with making sure conservative think tanks that spend a shit ton of money buying all of Candace Owen's latest books of bullshit have a place they can unload them to make back that cash on the tax payers dime. When you mandate that all books have to have a "political opposing view" you force the schools to buy that shit to oppose all the "liberal propaganda" that makes up actual facts and education, even if it just sits on the shelf forever.