Gas Bandit's Political Thread V: The Vampire Likes Bats

If you're talking about Boebert, Colorado counts mail-ins as they come because mail/Dropbox is the primary voting method here.

All I know is last night he was up by several thousand votes then all of a sudden they keep finding these Boebert ones. Something just doesn’t seem right to me.

All I know is last night he was up by several thousand votes then all of a sudden they keep finding these Boebert ones. Something just doesn’t seem right to me.
She was still protected to win when he was ahead just because of where the votes still need to be counted from.

It's a nailbiter right now.

The fact that it's such a close race in a deep red district is telling. It means that even a lot of her base think she's a despicable human being.

• Agree
Reactions: Dei
Not going to lie guys, the whole Eli Lilly thing just proves we can never have nice things. All it took was some impersonator claiming insulin was becoming free for their stock to nose dive off a cliff.

How do we expect anything to get better when investors profit requirements are more important then human lives.

GasBandit

Staff member
538 is just like any sports bookie...they're just making educated guesses. But ultimately, they're just guesses with incomplete information. Nobody can predict the future with any real accuracy.
They were uncannily accurate until about 2016 tho.

Which I know sounds like a long time but in politics that's like the day before yesterday

A couple of upsets are normal. In the general view they've been pretty accurate still. A 2-in-100 chance still happens if you're looking at hundreds of races.

538 has been pretty useless ever since they dropped Claire Malone. I'll say it again- polotical punditry is the lowest form of philosophy.

To be fair, basically everyone's reporting this year was fucked because of fake and/or overly optimistic Republican data sets running lose in the wild. Unsurprisingly, the data that would have shown things differently (engagement from 18-35 year olds) doesn't exist because virtually all polling is done with phones and we just... don't answer them if we don't know who they are?

Just throwing this here, in case anybody's curious to find out for themselves who else got PPP loans forgiven

Do you know who else got a PPP loan forgiven? One of the two plaintiffs that sued to halt student loan forgiveness, that's who.
...but that's okay, because according to people involved with the lawsuit:
"The Paycheck Protection Program is not comparable to Biden’s bailout,” Elaine Parker, president of the Job Creators Network, [said]. “Congress passed PPP, making it a legal program; Biden bypassed Congress, making it [an] illegal [program]."
What's this "Job Creators Network?" I've never heard of them before.
Wikipedia said:
The Job Creators Network (JCN) is a conservative U.S. advocacy group founded by Bernie Marcus, the co-founder and former CEO of Home Depot.
Oh.
Ken Langone, billionaire co-founder of Home Depot and ChoicePoint, which you may recall was involved problems with a certain election in Florida in 2000. ChoicePoint had purchased the contract to maintain voter records, and around the time of the election, tens of thousands of people were mysteriously struck from the central voter file and not allowed to vote. Oddly, this happened mainly to African-American and Latin voters, who were incorrectly filed as felons. Some of the felony listing on the erroneous files had dates into the 23rd century.
Ohhhh...

--Patrick

A big part of the blue success was due to the Dobbs decision and really bad Trump-backed candidates. All the fundamentals said, inflation + Democrat president + low approval for Biden = Red Wave. And, while polling was generally pretty good, the turnout by young voters was much higher than expected and enough to make the difference.

The Boebert race is still on the fence, there's still a lot of outstanding votes that have a week to get verified because of "signature discrepancies"

"I'm sorry, Miss Lake, you're driving with expired plates." :D :D :D

EDIT: For those of you NOT in AZ, Lake campaigned with signs (much larger than the one below) themed on the old Arizona state license plate.
1668513410883.jpeg