Gas Bandit's Political Thread V: The Vampire Likes Bats

figmentPez

Staff member
Boy, there is a BACKLOG of batshit that built up in the last 72 hours that I have to work through now.

This is the second time in a week that I've heard that water is somehow demonic (the first being an accusation that Taylor Swift's current tour is baptizing people into satanism).

"Water is bad" is a really bizarre message from Evangelicals. I suspect some racists are really pissed there's going to be a black Little Mermaid, and are trying to hide the fact that their hate is all about race.

GasBandit

Staff member
This is the second time in a week that I've heard that water is somehow demonic (the first being an accusation that Taylor Swift's current tour is baptizing people into satanism).

"Water is bad" is a really bizarre message from Evangelicals. I suspect some racists are really pissed there's going to be a black Little Mermaid, and are trying to hide the fact that their hate is all about race.
It's right up there with "wiping your ass is gay"

Boy, there is a BACKLOG of batshit that built up in the last 72 hours that I have to work through now.
And you haven't even mentioned the anti-sunscreen people!
Did you know that it's not the sun that causes cancer, but sunscreen? Or that sunscreen is actually a Big Pharma creation to keep you from receiving the sun's magical healing properties? How about the fact that sunscreen molecules can be found in your brain 10 years after application? And don't even get me started on the life-changing effects of exposing your asshole to direct sunshine.
Hamer also believed that "Jews created these conventional medical treatments, including chemotherapy, to kill or harm non-Jews," and sees these same conspiracies applied to sunscreen in current 4chan message boards, which contain statements like "Jews made sunscreen," "sunscreen is a Jewish PSYOP," and "sunscreen is a Jewish chemical cancer cocktail."
--Patrick

GasBandit

Staff member
At first I was all "Oh look more stochastic terrorism" but after reading it... oh... no, just ordinary batshit lunacy.

The Article said:
NBC reported Monday that Pham had filed a lawsuit against the CIA last year claiming the agency was “wrongfully imprisoning [him] in a lower perspective based on physics,” and that he was being “brutally tortured … from the fourth dimension.”
Time is the fire in which we burn :: I am being brutally tortured from the 4th dimension

I realized I forgot to post the link to the sunscreen stuff, so here you go!

(paywall)
(no paywall)

--Patrick

I realized I forgot to post the link to the sunscreen stuff, so here you go!

(paywall)
(no paywall)

--Patrick
I may be a simple man, but I find that not wearing sunscreen makes me end up in unpleasant pain, and wearing it mitigates that.

No, no, they're just trying to get back to their roots! I was just reading an article about the history of hygiene/perfumes and all that, and for several hundred years, Christians believed bathing was vanity (except for the washing of hands and feet), so they had the reputation for being the smelliest people! Catholic priests would burn incense to cover up the odor. We're going back to "Can you smell a TRUE Christian?" age!

...no, that's giving them too much credit. They've got straight-up whackadoo.

They also recently gave themselves the option to arbitrarily refuse to provide healthcare, so I guess this is just their way of guaranteeing they can keep up with attrition?

—Patrick

What a horrible precedent to start, though. Shifting state lines to match political affiliations is one of those things that gets described in future history books like “The final cause of the _____ civil war…”

What a horrible precedent to start, though. Shifting state lines to match political affiliations is one of those things that gets described in future history books like “The final cause of the _____ civil war…”
Oh yeah it’d be horrible if it actually happened. Mostly because I live in a part of a civilized state that could possibly be dragged into trash.