HalFitness

Did my measurements today with my trainer.

June 2017: 246lbs, 42% body fat
July 2018: 151lbs, 14% body fat

If I didn't change my habits I'd probably hit 300lbs sometime in 2019. So incredibly glad I went with this.
WTH are you doing to get results like that? And how hard is it to stay on such a program?

WTH are you doing to get results like that? And how hard is it to stay on such a program?
I did a "food detox" as it were. For about two months I ate almost nothing but oatmeal, unbreaded chicken/turkey, salad, and homemade fried rice (which I cut out after realizing how many calories fried rice has). I didn't have a sip of alcohol, and the only thing I gave myself an out with was cream + sugar in my coffee (I can't do the sugar-free stuff in that). I lost about 25 pounds in those first two months, and while a lot of it was water weight, it was still visible to other people, which gave me the motivation to stick with it. Once I got to that approximately two month point, I was pretty much just in my routine of eating healthy and I let myself have treats and whatnot sometimes. It was obviously kind of extreme but after eating like complete shit from basically the moment I was able to buy my own food, it was a good way to "reset" myself. I also don't buy anything unhealthy from the store, which I still try to keep up with. I still have basically 0 self-control when the food is right in front of me, but I can't snack on potato chips if there aren't any around. I'm not sure how capable I'd be of doing this if I had to be responsible for other people, but since I am responsible for buying and cooking all my own meals without worrying about if anyone else likes it, it works out fine.

As far as exercise goes, that was honestly more of a mental thing than a physical one, especially in the beginning. Something about having to see someone and keep yourself responsible to them kept me in line. I didn't want to feel like I was just wasting my money on a trainer since I knew it'd be mostly worthless if my diet didn't change as well. Obviously there have been all the benefits from excercise, but I believe according to my measurements I have slightly less muscle than I did at the start. However, those muscles are visible now as opposed to being trapped under a layer of fat. I feel a lot stronger now than before. Even if my muscles are smaller, the fact that they have to move 90LBs less fat is much more important.

As far as how hard it is to go with, there were definitely days where I "broke" as it were and got a pizza or something, ate it, and felt like total garbage. It was a nice realization though that those wouldn't hold me back too much and I remembered them in the future that if I ate that pizza, I'd be worse off the rest of the night. In general though, I felt good sticking with it. Even nights when I went to bed hungry, I knew I was going to fall asleep and wake up and have the same breakfast which would fill me up regardless of whether I ate that late night snack.

I dunno if theres anything to that for you or anyone else though. I didn't really follow a particular program beyond what I thought would work best for me. I contemplated looking into specific diets and whatnot, but what I did never stopped working for so I didn't feel the need to. I just kinda made my health (and desire to get laid more if I'm being honest) a priority for me and it worked.

"Got," she says.
I see many differences between the two photos (new phone, new watch, new dress, new stats, new hair color/length, bigger smile, etc), but I have to say I don't see a huge change in the level of "hotness." I mean, wasn't your "hotness" a trope on this forum? Anyway, welcome back to the forum, very glad to see you again, missed you bunches, and all that.

Also, you seem to have forgotten that @bhamv3 will see this now that it's posted here. Run!

--Patrick

GasBandit

Staff member
I see many differences between the two photos (new phone, new watch, new dress, new stats, new hair color/length, bigger smile, etc), but I have to say I don't see a huge change in the level of "hotness." I mean, wasn't your "hotness" a trope on this forum? Anyway, welcome back to the forum, very glad to see you again, missed you bunches, and all that.

Also, you seem to have forgotten that @bhamv3 will see this now that it's posted here. Run!

--Patrick
Gah, you're doing the thing again.

"Got" implies she was not already hot. She was always hot.

--Patrick
I don't hit on forumites! I don't want to make people uncomfortable like that.

Unless they hit on me first. Then it's on.

I kicked the leg press machine's metaphorical ass tonight. 2 sets of 15 at one plate from max, 2 sets of 15 at max, nice and controlled, no issues.

Woot woot!

I started the keto diet on the first day of training at my new job, on July 9.

One month later and I'm down 12 pounds, from 226 to 214.

I can do this again:

And I tried on a pair of splash pants that I haven't been able to fasten up since I lived in Toronto almost 10 years ago:
Aug 9.jpg

(They're hellishly - almost painfully - tight, but that I can fasten them up at all astounds me.)
(Also, many apologies for the muffin top.)

It must be nice to lose weight as a guy. My weight fluctuates so much over a month because of female biology that I can really only be sure of my progress on a month to month basis. ;)

Working my way back down. At 208, right now. Life is settling down a bit. Things are a bit hectic, but was able to work out twice this week after going almost 3 weeks w/o.

Weight fluctuates and it'll probably go back up a little, but the scale this morning said 209 lbs.

That's down from 226 since July 8 when I started on the keto diet.

And down from 232 since March 27, which is when I got a FitBit.

I had a major slump between that time, but now it seems like the number is lower every time I step on the scale.

Weigh-in put me at having lost 40 since January, so I think it's time to level out. This was supposed to be the first weekend of eating to maintain, but I can't seem to do it. Yesterday I barely crested the diet's minimum, and only eating a half cup of ice cream put me past there today. I'm still way under where I should be, but I just can't eat anymore. And I was active today, six hours of non-stop cleaning.

I need to shift towards smaller, less-filling foods that are high calorie but still healthy.

It's insane to me that the couple of people I've told I'm losing weight and eating better, both freaked out like crazy about it. If they think my getting healthy is drastic, boy are they in for a surprise later. :rolleyes:

I've lost 10 pounds since July! I still want to lose ~40 more (or get muscle to a point where I can weigh a little more than that) but since my goal is ~1 lb. a week I'm happy so far. I want to weigh less so I can cosplay without feeling gross. Which, some will say that I should do it anyways, but this is something I should be doing anyways because I gained a ton of weight in the last few years just from being sedentary.

I started a Keto diet 2 months ago. I meal prep every sunday for monday till friday,which saves me from cooking during the week and preventing me
from going to the grocery store and being tempted by sweets.
I eat healthier since I have to plan my meals and I feel better when I start the day.

It really is working for me, from XL to L now and hopefully in a month or two a medium.

I do miss chocolate though...

I know what you mean. But I am craving a bar of chocolate with salted caramelized peanuts. >.<
If you toast the peanuts at about 275F/135C until they start to darken, you can dust them with cocoa and it’ll stick to the oil and moisture that has wept out of the toasting peanuts.
I mean, it’s not going to be sweet, but it might help satisfy your chocolate tooth.

—Patrick

I'm up two pounds since last week.
Meh, it keeps bouncing around within about a 5-10lb range, so I'm not gonna sweat it.
I'm going to assume that it's healthier anyway for me to not obsess over a +2lb weigh-in than it would be to frenzy up in some kind of attempt to lose it.

--Patrick

I've been slacking lately. "Relationship weight" and all that. Only up about 5 pounds but when you factor in presumed muscle loss, it's probably more like 10 pounds worse. Gotta get more serious. Thankfully it wont take long to do if I nip it in the bud before I let it get worse and all that.