HalFitness

Took my blood sugar this morning. 342. WTF?! I couldn't figure it out. All I'd had last night were a couple frozen burritos.

So, I look at the nutrition label..usually they're not too bad. These walmart burritos? 97g carbs EACH. I'm not supposed to eat more than about 20 in a sitting. So I ate 10 times that amount. Fucking hell.

Academy didn't have a dip bar. They had an over-door pullup bar, but I've got a whole covered patio that I'm not using in this apartment, so I'm pretty sure that next payday I'm ordering this thing. The Recommended Routine has pullups, dips, and rows (which I can do on this machine by putting some rings on the pullup bar portion.

If you’re gonna get some rings, might I suggest a setup like this:

1979D715-83D6-43FA-B144-960127695BCC.jpeg

along with some daisy chains or hammock straps. The extra couple bucks is worth the ease in adjustments IMO

Dave

Staff member
Woke up this morning and stepped on the scale with some dread. I finished my gig last night and did what I always do - got them late-night Golden Arches. I tell ya, fast food tastes amazing late-night after a gig!

Anyway, I figured I did a bad thing but I hadn't eaten much the rest of the day, so...179.6 pounds. I broke the 180 barrier. Finally.

Late night McD AND setting a new goal weight? Score and score!

Decided to wait on the big workout equipment that I linked elsewhere.
Instead, I got Ring Fit Adventure.

25 year old me would have scoffed at this shit. 52 year old me is having trouble jogging 500 yards. So, I'll do this for a while until I feel like I can not be wasting money buying something more expensive.

Day 2: Jogged 4/10 of a mile (.643km).

The adventure/game aspect really does help you to keep going when you'd otherwise look around, see no one caring, and quit early because your legs are tired. I'm feeling mighty pathetic at the moment, but I spent a lot of years getting this feeble. Gotta start somewhere.

about 6 months ago, I was 230. But since selling the house and moving into an apt, I've been door dashing a lot. Got up to 240.
So I started Hello Fresh because for the first 6 months I'm paying about $10.00 per meal, which is cheaper than door dash and I can choose low-carb lower-calorie meals. Between that and the Ring Fit Adventure, I'm back down to 235.

feelsgoodman.jpg

Had a pretty good bike ride on Thanksgiving -- 40 miles (64km) with 16 miles (26km) being light off-road. The off-road portion was on a flat trail along a series of berms, as opposed to a more traditional off-road trail. It's a dry run for a 60 mile (96km) day with about half of it being off-road. If everything works out, I should be able to finally visit a really good birding site without having to deal with a fairly frustrating road.

I've been working out on the oculus with the supernatural app for a month and 3 days nows. I'm down from my highest weight of 230 to 219.6 and I accidently put on a pair of my kids 34 waist pants and they fit (I was wearing a 38) so Yay!
Just replying to myself. I weighed this morning and it was 211.8. I subsequently ate breakfast and then went #2 (weighed myself before and after and it was .8 pounds)... so technically I was 211.0 this morning lmao

OMG I'm SOOOOO close to my first goal weight (200lbs) I woke up this morning at 201.4. after that I want to get down to 180 which is still considered overweight for my height but that's my ultimate goal, I'm so excited with how I look now, my clothes that were tight and on the very last hole of my belt fall off now and I'm down 2 belt holes. ahhhh!

Completely missed checking in back in April (along with being around the forum for a year). The main reasons I hadn't been exercising the past year turned out to be depression, work stress, and the resulting exhaustion. Antidepressants and healthier boundaries have been helping a lot, so I've gone up from maybe less than 1 workout a week back to 2-3.

Weight-wise, I'm down to around 138lb. Trying to find out how I feel/look nearer to 130, then probably cycle back to 140-150 and stay there. The meds have made living at a deficit cost no willpower, which is interesting but risky, and completely blocked my emotional eating, which is magic. Now I'm treating my calorie intake as a target instead of a budget.

Goals for the year are to avoid losing muscle mass, increase flexibility some, and regain my lifting habits. Not in the best shape of my life (that will likely stay in early 2021 until late this year or early next), but at the lowest weight of my adult life, which is interesting.

I've been thinking of putting this is the Whine thread, but it's more exercise related, so I guess it should go here?

I haven't been able to do my 3 runs a week lately, and the reason is so dumb/aggravating. In the past year, I've been able to run at a faster pace, especially on a treadmill. Usually 9:15-9:30 minutes per mile for 4-5 miles. (Not Usain Bolt-level, but good for me!) But the combination of faster running=more sweat+more repetitive friction during the summer months has resulted in
an insanely painful chafing along the front of my sports bra underband and now on the bottom of both breasts. The worst part is I was already doing everything every website recommended to help prevent it: wearing a good-fitting, high-intensity sports bra, a loose, moisture-wicking shirt, using Body Glide on those areas, also putting bandages...well, sports tape over those areas to prevent chafing. Nothing is working, and the result is anytime I don't have a bra on (showering, sleeping), the chafed skin makes it feel like I got punched in the diaphragm, and there are painful, lead weighs in the bottoms of both breasts.
So I have to wait extra days in-between for everything to heal. I'm extra-grumpy because I hate missing exercise, and while this never happens when I take classes at the gym, I'm still not cool with being in an enclosed room next to gasping people or may-or-may-not be vaxxed. I miss my gym classes. :(

Have you tried Squirrel Nut Butter or Chamois Butt'r? Though I think it's hard to beat plain old vaseline in terms of effectiveness.

So, since my last major post, about a year ago, I've lost about 10 lbs, and my blood sugar is much more under control.
Not in the ideal range, but not in the 200's as it has been.
1660140511019.png

It probably helps that I've gone back to my pre-marriage (which means, like 30 years ago) eating habits of eating one big meal a day, and having a snack a little bit later. Which, you know, everyone used to say was unhealthy (gotta get those three squares a day!) but now they call "intermittent fasting" heh

Had to give up on the Ring Fit. I have a gimp knee, and all that jogging and squatting just destroyed it.

Intermittent fasting - while fairly efficient in losing and controlling weight - is still considered unwise by a vast majority of trained medical professionals with knowledge on the topic. There are good reasons to choose it, and while the whole "wolf/eagle/lion" typing is BS, different types of intermittent fasting will work better for some people. But anyway, the same reason IF can work - it affects your hormonal balance - can also be a serious downside: it affects your hormonal balance.
If you feel good doing it and all, go right ahead, it's not actively dangerous or unhealthy as some other food trends have been.

Intermittent fasting - while fairly efficient in losing and controlling weight - is still considered unwise by a vast majority of trained medical professionals with knowledge on the topic. There are good reasons to choose it, and while the whole "wolf/eagle/lion" typing is BS, different types of intermittent fasting will work better for some people. But anyway, the same reason IF can work - it affects your hormonal balance - can also be a serious downside: it affects your hormonal balance.
If you feel good doing it and all, go right ahead, it's not actively dangerous or unhealthy as some other food trends have been.
It's pretty much what I've always done when single (when younger, so naturally, higher metabolism--but also between relationships), which coincidentally (or not) has always been when I've been in better shape. It's what I prefer--I really don't get hungry enough to eat 3 meals a day, and really prefer to only eat when hungry--which usually happens to be one meal at whatever time I get hungry, and then a later snack.

Dieting to be less fat so my diagnosis of pre-diabetic (thanks good genes!) can hopefully be averted.

Step one: Replace the cravings for potato chips. Check, I eat like a jar of pickles every two days, not great for sodium, but they're calorie free so fuck it.

Step two: Exercise more. This one is harder. My ankle has been bothering me making physical activity a pain in the foot.

I badly misjudged step 2 today on a jog and thought I had way more in me and threw up halfway home.

The last 20 minutes of my trudge was basically me dragging my hoody behind me panting wishing I hadn't let things get to here.