HalFitness

Another "one thing led to another" day today.

I had a long ride planned, but made a small detour. Whenever I am biking A1A in Indian River County, I like to stop by the Pelican Island observation platform. My Uncle introduced me to it years ago, and if at all possible, I stop by as a small way of honoring him. After I made my detour, I realized that the extra distance put me within striking distance of a milestone. All I had to do was add another 5 km.

202.6 km (125.9 miles) -- only my second double metric century

Just finished a 5K run today and set 4 Personal Records.

Fastest 5K: 28:12
Fastest 2 Mile: 17:52
Fastest 1 Mile: 8:37
Fastest 1/2 mile: 4:15

It's at this point that I wish I had taken before and after pictures because it's a pretty noticeable change nowadays. Aside from the health and fitness benefits, I look more like Doc Severin than Doc Ock nowadays, and I'm pretty happy about that :)

Just finished a 5K run today and set 4 Personal Records.

Fastest 5K: 28:12
Fastest 2 Mile: 17:52
Fastest 1 Mile: 8:37
Fastest 1/2 mile: 4:15

It's at this point that I wish I had taken before and after pictures because it's a pretty noticeable change nowadays. Aside from the health and fitness benefits, I look more like Doc Severin than Doc Ock nowadays, and I'm pretty happy about that :)
Like this guy?

I'm down to 235 today. 15 pounds down so far. Mind you, that was after not eating anything after lunch yesterday due to my girlfriend's biking accident. I was a little too preoccupied to eat last night. I expect the weight will swing back up again tomorrow, at least by a pound or two.

It got me thinking of maybe doing intermittent fasting. Maybe not every day, but once in a while.

I also tried on some clothes out of what I call my "keto box," where I've kept clothes that fit me a few years back. I was around 190 lbs at that point, largely thanks to the keto diet. The shirts are all still too tight on me, but I found a pair of shorts that fit again. So that's a nice bonus.

So, I biked about 17 KM today and then did 40 minutes of DDP Yoga this evening.

Also, I weighed myself this morning and I'm down 20 pounds. I started around 250 lbs, now down to 230 lbs. For awhile, I kind of plateaued. Neither my weight nor my fat percentage was dropping for about a week. But oh boy, that's changed now. I find I'm also doing a little bit of light fasting. Mostly when I run out of my 2,000 or so calories intake before supper time. That's not every day, mind you. Maybe one or two days a week. I'm still eating the odd junk food, so I'm not following any hard regiment aside from trying to count calories. Even then, I go over 2,000 calories in a day, but then I'm also working out like a madman, which gives me extra calorie deficit points on Lose It. I'm still trying to mostly stick to no more than 2,000 calories, though.

Either way, I'd say I'm getting back into shape at a good pace.

I biked about 55 KM total today. About 32 of that was a long bike ride with the girlfriend on the Chain of Lakes trail and part of the BLT trail.

And now I'm completely and utterly exhausted.

On the bright side, I'm officially down 25 pounds since January. According to my girlfriend, it's becoming very noticeable. I've noticed I can comfortably fit into size Large shirts and XL is too baggy on me. So...I'm getting there.

@ThatNickGuy how long have you been dieting now? I ask because I've seen it recommended to take breaks and run a maintenance diet every two or three months. I think I've posted this video before, but I'll post it again.

@ThatNickGuy how long have you been dieting now? I ask because I've seen it recommended to take breaks and run a maintenance diet every two or three months. I think I've posted this video before, but I'll post it again.

I started eating better and watching what I ate around late May. Aside from calorie counting using the LoseIt app, I haven't been following any diet or pattern.

If I have too much to eat earlier in the day, like a heavy lunch, I won't eat anything until the next day. So once in a while, I'm kind of fasting. Again, not under any specific regimen.

But it's been nice seeing the weight drop. On LoseIt, if you hit certain goals, it tells you an item of approximate weight. So my recent 25 lb milestone, it said I lost the equivalent of a fire extinguisher.

Here's my progress so far, from Fitbit. It's not an exact science, as I know weight fluctuates, but it's a nice downward trend.

Screenshot_20230803_205607.jpg

I haven't been following any diet or pattern.
I started eating better and watching what I ate around late May. Aside from calorie counting using the LoseIt app,
Dude, that's a diet.

So, every three months or 10% drop in body weight, it's recommended to take a break and run a maintenance phase. The idea is to help recalibrate your metabolism/bodyweight set point. Also it can be helpful to take a mental break from "having" to diet, if that's an issue for people. Supposed to help people from yo-yoing with their weight after a diet. I'd recommend watching both videos, if nothing else I think there's some good common sense advice in there.

Dude, that's a diet.

So, every three months or 10% drop in body weight, it's recommended to take a break and run a maintenance phase. The idea is to help recalibrate your metabolism/bodyweight set point. Also it can be helpful to take a mental break from "having" to diet, if that's an issue for people. Supposed to help people from yo-yoing with their weight after a diet. I'd recommend watching both videos, if nothing else I think there's some good common sense advice in there.
I tried watching one of the videos but he talks too fast and threw around numbers so much, I couldn't follow.

I appreciate the advice, but what I've been doing so far has been working for me. I track my calories in the LoseIt app every day and weight myself every day. Sometimes I've gone over my calorie limit, sometimes I've had some junk food (like ice cream cake for my girlfriend's birthday). I've noticed when I lose weight, the LoseIt app cuts a slight amount from my daily calorie intake.

I also bike to work nearly every day, and have gotten back into doing DDP Yoga. So I often have a calorie deficit for that day. I don't abuse that, though, like use it as an excuse to eat more that day. I try to stay within the app's recommended intake goal.

Today, for example, because I biked so much, I created a massive deficit. But I'm still staying within under 2,000 calorie intake.

Screenshot_20230803_213447_Lose It!.jpg

I have security cameras around the house. I woke up this morning and saw there was an alert at 1:00am at the garage door camera. I looked at the grainy small video on my phone and went "who the fuck is this walking up to my garage at 1am?"

It was me. I took the trash out, and the camera caught me on the way back. I just have lost enough weight that I didn't recognize my body shape.

(and I didn't hear the alert at the time, because, you know, I was outside)

Last night, I was researching some of the beaches in the middle of nowhere as potential spots for nighttime photography. For a variety of reasons (mainly clouds), the research didn't really pan out, but I did get a pretty good ride in -- 72.9 miles (117km).