HalFitness

Welp, I'm exhausted. I biked 28.66 KM today, from Dartmouth to Halifax, and rode the heck around Halifax for some errands.
Awesome!

Is the weather going to play nice for a while now? Or is it all nice until it gets cold again (which, I must admit, I have no idea when that would happen.)

Yesterday was a bit rough. I couldn't get in the right headspace for distance riding and got going late, which threw off my schedule for the rest of the day. Even when I got going, my focus wasn't great and I didn't really get centered. Because I was running late, I had to deal with more wind and darkness than I had originally wanted to. Spent more miles "annoyed cycling" than I care to admit. (Don't bike angry.)

christmas century 2024-04-14.jpg

(161.9 km)

As i seem to do every couple of months, I've been getting back into DDP Yoga. The app has new workout schedule options: Plus. Beginner Plus, Intermediate Plus, Advanced Plus. Basically the same level of progression, but with more workouts during the week. Fewer rest days. Which is fine for me, since I enjoy doing even a little bit of yoga every day. At least when I'm actively doing yoga.

Tonight, I did the 25-minute Fat Burner workout. It's a little more challenging than the intro 20-minute Energy as it incorporates more postures and more slow burn push-ups. But I did it.

I've also been incorporating blocks into my routine a little more. For example, I learned from another yoga program that I could have blocks under my hands for plank or even downward facing dog. It adds a new element that i hadn't tried before and gives me new challenges in postures I'm very familiar with.

I also figured out a way to engage my core more in almost every posture. Even just standing or in a lunge pose. My core is on fire by the time I'm done a workout and I love it.