Halforums Secret Santa 2022

Secret Santa arrived, and he did not disappoint! Thank you, @Tinwhistler for the great gifts!
View attachment 43067
And I know exactly where to put them!

View attachment 43068
Wondy will be keeping company with some of my other Wonder Woman ornaments! (Left and upper right)

View attachment 43069
And Sailor Moon herself will go perfectly with the beautiful and thoughtful gifts from previous Secret Santas, @Dei and @LittleSin.
I'm glad you like them! I was ---><--- this close to sending you my latest crochet stuffie (stiffie? lol) but I second guessed myself because while I thought it was hilarious, I didn't want to send the wrong or an inappropriate message.

Edit: I really love how the figure and the cross stitch Sailor Moons are in the same basic pose, too!

@bhamv3 - The reindeer have gone off course and have contacted their elves to help them get back on track. There will be a delay in delivery, and an elf (@GasBandit ) will be contacting you shortly.
I called up the reindeer company and they dispatched a reindeer motivational expert.

hommer-arre.gif

They said the issue with reindeer getting distracted by shiny things and wandering off has been addressed, and deliveries should be proceeding normally after the weekend. Thanks!

I called up the reindeer company and they dispatched a reindeer motivational expert.

They said the issue with reindeer getting distracted by shiny things and wandering off has been addressed, and deliveries should be proceeding normally after the weekend. Thanks!
According to local elves, the reindeer have successfully located you, and delivered the package.

According to local elves, the reindeer have successfully located you, and delivered the package.
Indeed they have! Ahead of schedule!

Let this be a lesson to you all, whipping works.

I received a delightful Halforums decorative ornament!

58122.jpg

Now, we don't actually have a Christmas tree, but have no worry, I found another good use for it:

58123.jpg

Unfortunately, there was no indication of who the sender was, so my secret Santa remains secret. So please, reveal yourself! I'd really like to know who to thank! :D

GasBandit

Staff member
I got packages! First, there's this pixeltastic hawaiian shirt festooned with sprites from Galaga, Gorf, and more. Very nice.

1670613619891.png

Also I got this incredibly complex lego set which claims it takes at least 6 years to build, but I'm thinking with my ample brainpower, I should be able to handle it in 3 or less.

1670613703938.png

Thanks, Santa!

I got packages! First, there's this pixeltastic hawaiian shirt festooned with sprites from Galaga, Gorf, and more. Very nice.

View attachment 43152

Also I got this incredibly complex lego set which claims it takes at least 6 years to build, but I'm thinking with my ample brainpower, I should be able to handle it in 3 or less.

View attachment 43153

Thanks, Santa!
After you build the robit we get a video of it freestyle rapping right?

Indeed they have! Ahead of schedule!

Let this be a lesson to you all, whipping works.

I received a delightful Halforums decorative ornament!

View attachment 43146

Now, we don't actually have a Christmas tree, but have no worry, I found another good use for it:

View attachment 43147

Unfortunately, there was no indication of who the sender was, so my secret Santa remains secret. So please, reveal yourself! I'd really like to know who to thank! :D
It was I!

I'm glad it arrived safely!

GasBandit

Staff member
Just a reminder to please get your secret santa gifts in the mail by tomorrow, if you haven't already! Thanks.

@Wahad Your gift is on its way. Because of the method if shipping, I was unfortunately unable to include a personalized note. The gift content is probably a pretty good give-away as to who sent it, though.
Delivery is usually 3-5 working days, but could be a bit slower during this season, so....End of this week, beginning of the next, I'd guess.

Roger roger! If you do have a more detailed date of when it may arrive, please do let me know, so I can stay home if I need to.

Roger roger! If you do have a more detailed date of when it may arrive, please do let me know, so I can stay home if I need to.
Those orangey little weasels over at PostNL have just informed me that your package should be delivered tomorrow between 11:00 and 13:30. Be sure to give the delivery-moose some nice green grass! He's earned it after that trek!

Dave

Staff member
I'm not certain if this was my Secret Santa gift or not. A package came in the mail and it wasn't marked. At all. No card, no return address. My wife said she didn't order it. So I'm posting the pictures. If this ISN'T from my Secret Santa, please let me know.

2022-12-13 16.57.40.jpg 2022-12-13 16.57.54.jpg

I'm not certain if this was my Secret Santa gift or not. A package came in the mail and it wasn't marked. At all. No card, no return address. My wife said she didn't order it. So I'm posting the pictures. If this ISN'T from my Secret Santa, please let me know.

View attachment 43216 View attachment 43215
It is indeed your secret santa gift - glad it fits, I was a little worried after I ordered it and saw some people say it ran small. But it looks good on ya! :)

Merry Christmas Dave!!

Dave

Staff member
It is indeed your secret santa gift - glad it fits, I was a little worried after I ordered it and saw some people say it ran small. But it looks good on ya! :)

Merry Christmas Dave!!
Yay! Thanks, man! It’s really soft and going to be my “sitting at the computer all bundled up” hoodie.

Merry Christmas back atcha!

Yesterday I got a package! (sorry it took a bit to post this)
98316F68-DA5E-4294-B923-BD820D67E40D.jpeg

Some delicious treats appeared!
  • Caramel corn, an always appreciated classic
  • Genuine South Carolina BBQ sauce (I’m excited to try it - I’ve always heard good things)
  • Cheese straws, weird yet tasty cheese crack/biscuit/cookie things.
  • And my personal fave, peanut brittle (I love all things peanuts)
See the stylish blue hat? That came with it too, but my daughter snatched it off the table and claimed it for herself.

Thank you @General Specific! This was awesome!

Those orangey little weasels over at PostNL have just informed me that your package should be delivered tomorrow between 11:00 and 13:30. Be sure to give the delivery-moose some nice green grass! He's earned it after that trek!
Apparently PostNL is as reliable in the Netherlands as UPS in the States, so New and Improved For Your Comfort delivery time is between 13:25 and 15:25. @Wahad

...How'd you guess? :-D

I was going to try and include some beers from other local breweries (this one is about 800m from my door), but getting a pack together myself proved much harder. Next year I'll choose a different brewery, we've got quite a few to go :-D

The whiskey infused one is one of my personal favorites, btw, though more suited for in-a-snow-storm-but-comfy-inside-by-the-fire than for on-a-sunny-deck-enjoying-the-heat