Export thread

Halforums, what's the saddest thing?

Fun Size

Fun Size

I...I think I'm ready.

Dave

Dave

When I found out my wife of 16 years may have had an affair and now I don't trust her any more.

Steven Soderburgin

Fun Size, Fun Size, Fun Size....

The saddest thing is a retarded man crying and promising a broken egg that it will still be a chicken someday.

And that they'll play together in a field when it gets better.

Cajungal

Cajungal

The saddest thing is when a sweet-looking old grandma takes her granddaughter to an ice cream shop and eats an entire banana split in front of her, while telling her that her parents have left the country forever, her dog died, and there's no Santa.

Dave

Dave

The saddest thing is when a sweet-looking old grandma takes her granddaughter to an ice cream shop and eats an entire banana split in front of her, while telling her that her parents have left the country forever, her dog died, and there's no Santa.
Lying bitch! Telling that kid there's no Santa? Why would she lie like that?

Fun Size

Fun Size

Noooo!

Vytamindi

Vytamindi

The saddest thing is when the toilet from an abandoned space station falls back to earth, lands upside-down on a child who was playing alone in the backyard, and smooshes them into the shape of half a hard-boiled egg.

Hylian

Hylian

Vytamindi

Vytamindi

OH GOD DAMMIT HYLIAN

:waah::Cry::waah:

Dave

Dave

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

OH GOD DAMMIT HYLIAN

:waah::Cry::waah:
THIS, you son of a bitch.

doomdragon6

doomdragon6

I have NEVER not cried to this gif.

And it pisses me off.

(may need to refresh to see it from the beginning)

Baerdog

Baerdog

@Li3n

@Li3n

Man, that one always makes me laugh... the internet made sure of that.

General Specific

General Specific

Edit:
In light of Ame's other post, I had to include:

Espy

Espy

I hate you Hylian. I hate you so much. That is truly the saddest thing I have ever seen.

Charlie Don't Surf

The Lovely Boehner

Ban everyone that didn't get what this is a reference to.

Espy

Espy

Okay.

Or I could just ban you. Which would be easier when you look at it from a time/cost perspective.:paranoid:

@Li3n

@Li3n

Or they could just ban you and pretend this never happened...

In light of Ame's other post, I had to include:

Whats truly sad is that grown men would do that to themselves...

EDIT: Damn you smoking baby, damn you to heck...

doomdragon6

doomdragon6

MOD DOUBLE POST

Edit: You bastard.

SeraRelm

bigcountry23

bigcountry23

Amazingly sad picture of two dogs.
When I was 13 or 14 my parents and sister went to the mall and I stayed home. We lived in a rural area (farm land and wooded areas around) and when my folks got home, my Mom was shaking and sobbing. Apparently, my mom was driving and hit a dog that had run out of a dark wooded area. She had swerved to miss it (but too late) and when she swerved back to avoid an oncoming car she hit another dog that it had been chasing apparently.

Dogs had no tags and there were no nearby houses to see if they belonged to anyone.

bigcountry23

bigcountry23

Damn you DAVE!!!!

Hylian

Hylian

Damn you DAVE!!!!

your using IE?

well there's your problem

Occasional Poster

I don't know what the saddest thing is, but I've heard from reliable sources that love is the sweetest thing. Oh oh oh, the sweetest thing.

rabbitgod

Good lord people. What are you trying to accomplish here?

Dave - Stay strong man.

Bubble181

Bubble181

I hate you for making me post this :-(

evilmike

evilmike

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

The saddest thing is an old bag lady, freezing to death in the snow on Christmas Eve, and the last thing she sees is a family in a nice warm diner getting beheaded by the Taliban.

Denbrought

Denbrought

I hate you for making me post this :-(
Don't worry, I hate you for posting it too.

Gusto

Gusto

I was wondering when this thread would be made.

I always thought it would be me.

Green_Lantern

Green_Lantern

Where this is from? T-T

ElJuski

ElJuski

The saddest thing is a little girl who is told by her own mother and father that she will never be pretty.

And then they open the front door, and on the porch is a little white suitcase, with all of her things in it.

Denbrought

Denbrought

Green_Lantern

Green_Lantern

Hylian

Hylian

---------- Post added at 12:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:19 PM ----------

Where this is from? T-T

http://kotaku.com/324674/life-death-and-animal-crossing

General Specific

General Specific

That's not sad, it's just disturbing.

Iaculus

That's not sad, it's just disturbing.[/QUOTE]

No shit. Check where the dad's hand is.

Enresshou

Enresshou

The actual song starts about :30 in.

And yeah...I still choke up reading that Animal Crossing comic.

Covar

Covar

General Specific

General Specific

drifter

drifter

FTFY

Bubble181

Bubble181

Oh holy crap that wrong...and it's wrong that I laughed as hard as I did >_<

Espy

Espy

WAIT. WHAT??? Is that a REAL comic?

Bubble181

Bubble181

WAIT. WHAT??? Is that a REAL comic?
The one with "Daddy", yes. It's a C&H.

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

I laughed.

ThatNickGuy

Fine. It's fucking deleted, all right, Chippy?

Chippy

Chippy

Annnnnnnnd there goes the thread.

ZenMonkey

ZenMonkey

Nice. I gagged at the original (but in the GOOD way) and laughed my ass off at this one.

Ross

Ross

Rubicon

I actually saw something like this in person a few years back;

I was coming home from school one day, I still didnt have a car in HS so yea, I got a ride from my family when available. And close to our neighborhood, on a main road that had plenty of traffic for 4pm, there were two dogs

One laying in the road, not moving, and another dog pacing circles around it, making sure cars would go around.

Not one fucking car stopped or anything. That second dog was risking its life, to protect the hurt one. It was heart breaking. Best I could do was get my cell phone out and call animal control and alert them, the traffic was moving too fast to pull over, and they were on the other side of the road than us, we were separated by a median anyway.

Never found out if they lived or died

Denbrought

Denbrought

JCM

Singularity.EXE

http://www.stylelist.com/blog/2009/...ps-promise-by-wearing-a-neon-dress-to-his-fu/

The fluorescent getup was worn by the soldier's best friend, Barry Delainey, fulfilling his and Elliott's promise to wear a dress to the funeral of whomever passed away first...

Vytamindi

Vytamindi

:confused:

Chippy

Chippy

:confused:[/QUOTE]

Apparently I'm one giant asshole?

makare

Hylian's* image is too sad for me.

It reminds me of this summer when my mom and I were away and left my step dad in charge of the dogs, our border collie Millie and chocolate lab Venus got out.

They were across town when Millie was struck by a car. A cop stopped but no one would help her. Venus ran away when the cop showed up. Finally, a really nice lady stopped and put Millie in the car and took her to the vet. Millie only ended up with a gash on her head so she was ok. Venus was eventually caught by the coppers and brought back.

It makes me so sad thinking of Millie lying in the street all alone and no one stopping to help her.

This thread blows.:(

*Apologies to mav who i blamed for that pic.

ThatNickGuy

I wrote about my depression, which apparently isn't allowed.

Chippy

Chippy

I wrote about my depression, which apparently isn't allowed.[/QUOTE]

Along with jokes, right?

;) ;) ;)

ThatNickGuy

Jokes are meant to improve peoples moods, not make them worse.

Denbrought

Denbrought

Jokes are meant to improve someone's mood, not everybody's.
FTFY, dearie.

Philosopher B.

what's the saddest thing?
Little bears getting stepped on.

WON'T SOMEBODY THINK OF THE LITTLE BEARS.:waah::waah::waah::waah::waah:

Wasabi Poptart

ElJuski

ElJuski

Nick, I gotta say you really trounced into the wrong thread, dogg.

Pojodan

My life :rain:

ZenMonkey

ZenMonkey

Goddamnit, Sera ninja'ed me.

Kovac

Kovac

Grave of the fireflies

One of the saddest movies I have ever seen

I haven't seen it since I was a small child, but I remember getting choked up over this animated film.

Vytamindi

Vytamindi

I recently purchased this at Best Buy when it was on sale. I've seen it before and it is a good movie! Just... haven't... sat down to watch it.

Also:

Baerdog

Baerdog

Oh god, the second half of Life is Beautiful always puts me in tears. The first half, however, always has me in stitches. Why must you toy with my emotions, Benini? WHYYY!!

Vytamindi

Vytamindi

phil

phil

From http://saddestthing.com/

Decisions Decisions

Your soulmate is killed driving home from work. In your grief you open the fridge to pop a chilled bottle of wine. In the fridge is the last bit of leftovers they were eating the night before.

Do you eat it, thus sharing one last meal with them? Or do you save it, the thought that somehow, some way they'll come back and finish that meal.

You stand, paralyzed, in front of the open fridge; sobbing silently amidst the half-empty jars of mustard.

Docseverin

Docseverin

My life.

:: Let me elaborate::
The loss of my marriage, due to my inability to deal with the loss of my friends in the wars.
Not so bad, but I was the medic treating them, I have to take 2 Ambien to sleep through the nightmares sometimes.

The only one who ever made me feel alright about not being deployed left me.

YAOMTC

My life.

The loss of my marriage, due to my inability to deal with the loss of my friends in the wars.
Not so bad, but I was the medic treating them, I have to take 2 Ambien to sleep through the nightmares sometimes.

I can't top that. You win...

JCM

My life.

I can't top that. You win...
Damn... neither can I....

Pojodan

Uhm... there's my uncle's story.

Married to his high school sweetheart, only girl he ever loved, for 25 years, could never have kids, then, miraculously, she gets pregnant, with twins!

3 years later, she admits to cheating on him and wants a divorce.

Poor guy loves his daughters so much that he submits to all of her demands and gives up his house, car, and most everything else so that he can have custody of the kids.

After the bitch has sold off all his stuff and gotten married to a rich guy, she goes out of her way to point out that, without a house, he can't 'properly' take care of the kids, and gets the court system to turn full custody over to her, so she can take them off to where the rich guy lived 2000 miles away.

So.. he packs his bags, leaves his job of 20+ years, and scrapes by down there just so he can use his meager visitation rights to be with his kids.

I'm happy to say he's married to the most awesome woman I've ever met now and the twins are almost old enough to move out of the bitch's mansion.

Covar

Covar

Your Uncle?

Cajungal

Cajungal

:waah:
*jumps off the roof of the freshman dorm*

Morgoth

Oh god, the second half of Life is Beautiful always puts me in tears. The first half, however, always has me in stitches. Why must you toy with my emotions, Benini? WHYYY!!

Oh God, just thinking about that movie is welling me up. What's the saddest thing? Benini follows up that amazing movie with:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0255477/

Koko

ElJuski

ElJuski

those pics matched with your avatar = win

Cajungal

Cajungal

Why do I keep checking this thread?!

tegid

tegid

Married to his high school sweetheart, only girl he ever loved, for 25 years, could never have kids, then, miraculously, she gets pregnant, with twins!

Poor guy loves his daughters so much that he submits to all of her demands and gives up his house, car, and most everything else so that he can have custody of the kids.

After the bitch has sold off all his stuff and gotten married to a rich guy, she goes out of her way to point out that, without a house, he can't 'properly' take care of the kids, and gets the court system to turn full custody over to her, so she can take them off to where the rich guy lived 2000 miles away.

So.. he packs his bags, leaves his job of 20+ years, and scrapes by down there just so he can use his meager visitation rights to be with his kids.

I'm happy to say he's married to the most awesome woman I've ever met now and the twins are almost old enough to move out of the bitch's mansion.

Oh god :(

Morgoth

Oh god :([/QUOTE]

Man oh man, sad thing is I'd probably would have done the same thing his uncle did to be close to my kids. I hate it when parents use their kids as weapons against their spouses if the relationship goes south.

figmentPez

figmentPez

I watched episode 22 of Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, "Backs in the Distance", last night. I was literally sobbing at the end. I've been in tears at various points in previous episodes, but this time I was just shaking and couldn't catch my breath.

R

Raemon777

Siska

Siska

Not the saddest thing, but finding this made me cry today.
Brusa högre lilla å

This song was playing while I was giving my mom a back massage, right after she found out she had terminal cancer, 16 years ago. We were both crying then. Also played it at her funeral.

ZenMonkey

ZenMonkey

Taking a chimpanzee to her burial:

Kitty Sinatra

From http://saddestthing.com/

Decisions Decisions

Your soulmate is killed driving home from work. In your grief you open the fridge to pop a chilled bottle of wine. In the fridge is the last bit of leftovers they were eating the night before.

Do you eat it, thus sharing one last meal with them? Or do you save it, the thought that somehow, some way they'll come back and finish that meal.

You stand, paralyzed, in front of the open fridge; sobbing silently amidst the half-empty jars of mustard.
Reminds me of a song about the loss of a mate; specifically this verse:

Everything's as I left it - orderly and perfect.
Nothing's out of place,
All the cassettes stay in their case

ncts_dodge_man

ncts_dodge_man

Some sad songs.

- yes, he died before I was born, but my mom was a fan so I know this song.

- not the best rendition - I personally like Michael Crawford's version, but I can't seem to find it.

General Specific

General Specific

Gusto

Gusto

Kitty Sinatra

A kitten in the rain

Denbrought

Denbrought

A kitten in the rain

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

I can never read Robin Hobb's Assassin's Quest and the later Tawny Man trilogy without breaking into tears. I just... feel so touched with the sense of FitzChivalry's loss, and how... well, not gonna give any spoilers. It's just a very, very sad aspect of the story.

The ending of the Doctor Who episode "Planet of the Ood". Not really sad, but it still gets my teary-eyed every single time.

The song 'Vaari-vainaan kannel' ('Kannel of Grandfather Departed') by the Finnish trad/gospel band Suomalainen messu ('Finnish Mass'). I couldn't find the song on YouTube, but it's a sad ballad of a kantele, a kind of Finnish harp, found in the attic. The singer accounts how his grandmother tells its story: during the Winter or Continuation War, her husband was fighting in the front. In a letter he tells he will come home for a two-week leave, and with him he will bring a kannel to their young son. The son waits eagerly, watching at the road each day... but it is not the father who returns, but a message telling that he had died in combat.
Following the war, the son never learned to play the kannel, having "to bury his pain in his heart", "hands forced to labour when the peace came", an allusion to the heavy war reparations Finland had to pay. The kannel is forgotten, left in the attic unplayed. The song ends with the grandmother taking the kannel in her lap: "Grandma gently hummed, fingers softly playing, dear grandfather's thankful song to God". But it's the very final stanzas that always make me cry:

Löytäisinkö vielä sen,
kiitollisen sävelen,
kuulisitko Herra,
vaarivainaan ja Suomen maan?

'Could I still find,
that thankful tune,
Would You hear, O Lord,
Grandfather departed and this far Finland?'

It does not translate well... But still... I never consider myself a religious man, but something in those words just touches my heart so deeply that I can never keep the tears away. It is a feeling that has grown sharper along the years, what with my own grandfather, who fought in the war, slowly losing his mental capacities to Alzheimer. I've not gone to see him in the old people's home. I admit being a douche that way, but... seeing this dear old man I respected and loved as a child, a man who came back from the war broken but unbeaten, and raised two great sons... be only a weeping, confused shell of his former self, not recognizing even his sons or understanding that his wife has died... I just couldn't take it.

SeraRelm

ElJuski

ElJuski

YEP SERA WINS

Cheesy1

Cheesy1

chakz

whenever someone asks me to think of something sad my mind instantly leaps to a nazi steping on puppies.

A nazi, in full uniform, walkin' down the side walk and squishing puppies like bubble wrap.

Then I start laughing like a loon.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Congratulations. You are the first person here to make me sob. Not just cry. SOB.

Green_Lantern

Green_Lantern

Congratulations. You are the first person here to make me sob. Not just cry. SOB.[/QUOTE]

That video totally din't made my eyes watered, nope, my eyes complete drie right now... thought, there is a high chance I get something stuck on them.

General Specific

General Specific

Covar

Covar

drawn_inward

drawn_inward

The first time I saw that commercial I cried like a damn baby. It surprised the hell out of me, and it really surprised my gf. She thought something terrible had happened. She didn't even realize that it was the commercial that did it until I cried, "Poor doggies."

Now, she changes the channel every time it comes on. :eek:

---------- Post added at 10:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:35 AM ----------

/thread[/quote]

Yeah, that made me tear up a bit in the theater, but I had my 5 year old nephew with me, and I didn't want him to see me crying. Otherwise, I would've been sobbing like a little kid with a skinned knee.

rabbitgod

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=db5r81MaYCU[/ame]

He was winning too.

---------- Post added at 11:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:37 AM ----------

Oh, and that UP clip makes me not want to watch the movie.

Covar

Covar

Watch the movie, it's really good.

rabbitgod

I'm sure it's wonderful.

But that clip was so sad.

Well, I'll put it on my netflix and by the time it gets to my house maybe I'll have forgotten about it.

IronBrig4

IronBrig4

I'm sure it's wonderful.

But that clip was so sad.

Well, I'll put it on my netflix and by the time it gets to my house maybe I'll have forgotten about it.
That clip makes the rest of the movie even more touching. I won't spoil it for you, but the ending makes a lot more sense because of this.

Chazwozel

Zombieland scene:

Where Tallahassee explains how much he loved his puppy before Zombieland and Columbus realizes it was really his son, they then flash back to Tallahassee and his son

Oh God, I was welling up in the damn theater.

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

Yeah, when I saw Up and started welling up during that opening scene, My roommate assumed I was making fun of him for crying after the movie. He didn't know I was really crying until I wiped the tears as the present-day scenes began.

strawman

strawman

General Specific

General Specific

Cajungal

Cajungal

Oh God. :(

Green_Lantern

Green_Lantern

I really don't think is that bad, honestly, I think the bird is stupid.

strawman

strawman

I really don't think is that bad, honestly, I think the bird is stupid.[/QUOTE]

It's a very interesting and thought provoking piece, because it can be interpreted so broadly:

* Kiwi can't stand it's limitations, so makes the world conform, thus ending its own life

* Kiwi has a dream and is willing to sacrifice everything to get it

* Kiwi chooses to burn out fast and exciting rather than die slow

* Kiwi is blind, unable to see the life that it could live if it gave up on foolish, fatal, dreams

* ???

Cajungal

Cajungal

It's a very interesting and thought provoking piece, because it can be interpreted so broadly:

* Kiwi can't stand it's limitations, so makes the world conform, thus ending its own life

* Kiwi is blind, unable to see the life that it could live if it gave up on foolish, fatal, dreams

* ???[/QUOTE]

That's why it hit me really. Because there are people who'd give their lives to live their dreams if only for a moment. Plus, he looked so happy while he was falling. :\

Philosopher B.

Zombieland scene:

Where Tallahassee explains how much he loved his puppy before Zombieland and Columbus realizes it was really his son, they then flash back to Tallahassee and his son

Oh God, I was welling up in the damn theater.
That got me, too. I definitely started misting up.

HowDroll

HowDroll

This one always makes me cry. I'm really involved with dog rescue, and we get last-call emails all the time when we just don't have room for any more. It's the saddest thing, knowing that when you delete that email, a puppy is going to die.

tegid

tegid

Well, I welled up... I think the music made it for me (besides, of course, his looking happy, willingly sacrificing his life for his dream, etc.) I think it made me feel that was the kiwi's dream, and he was fullfiling it.

IronBrig4

IronBrig4

This is the ending of one of my favorite war movies.

Chazwozel

This one always makes me cry. I'm really involved with dog rescue, and we get last-call emails all the time when we just don't have room for any more. It's the saddest thing, knowing that when you delete that email, a puppy is going to die.[/QUOTE]

I know I can't watch that "animal cops" TV show on TLC lest I want my blood pressure to skyrocket.

Green_Lantern

Green_Lantern

* ???[/QUOTE]

That's why it hit me really. Because there are people who'd give their lives to live their dreams if only for a moment. Plus, he looked so happy while he was falling. :\[/QUOTE]

Well, I welled up... I think the music made it for me (besides, of course, his looking happy, willingly sacrificing his life for his dream, etc.) I think it made me feel that was the kiwi's dream, and he was fullfiling it.
I guess I was the only one that thoughed that a bird smart enough to do that could figure out a way of actually flying, I am probably giving too much credit.

Cheesy1

Cheesy1

Congratulations. You are the first person here to make me sob. Not just cry. SOB.[/QUOTE]

Awe, sorry CG! :( When I saw it again, this was most approriate place I could think of to put it. I still need to buy this movie.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Awe, sorry CG! :( When I saw it again, this was most approriate place I could think of to put it. I still need to buy this movie.[/QUOTE]

Don't be! I actually decided to rent it this week after seeing that video. :) Loved it.

Soliloquy

* ???[/QUOTE]

That's why it hit me really. Because there are people who'd give their lives to live their dreams if only for a moment. Plus, he looked so happy while he was falling. :\[/QUOTE]

I guess I was the only one that thoughed that a bird smart enough to do that could figure out a way of actually flying, I am probably giving too much credit.[/QUOTE]

Well, I sure as heck don't know how to build myself a flying machine, though I probably would be able to pull off the nailing trees thing.

Nile

Nile

D:

Excuse me, I'll be over here totally not crying in the corner because of how sad that scene always makes me.

IronBrig4

IronBrig4

So long as we're talking about Disney movies...

Shawn

Shawn

*bawl*
To the happy thread!

Green_Lantern

Green_Lantern

Find out last night that Daryl Mitchell http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daryl_Mitchell was paralyzed 8 years ago :(

Cheesy1

Cheesy1

Find out last night that Daryl Mitchell http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daryl_Mitchell was paralyzed 8 years ago :(
Crap, I just bought the deluxe edition of Galaxy Quest two weeks ago. Loved him in that movie. That is indeed sad to hear. :(

Dave

Dave

Crap, I just bought the deluxe edition of Galaxy Quest two weeks ago. Loved him in that movie. That is indeed sad to hear. :([/quote]

Wait, what? Shit I did not know that...[/QUOTE]

He's now in a sitcom with Michael Strahan called Brothers. It's not bad and he's funny as hell.

Green_Lantern

Green_Lantern

I feel bad that it was almost a decade before I even find out, I used to love Victoria Secret :|

wana10

Cajungal

Cajungal

That was actually on the show?? :waah:

Dave

Dave

Damn you, Wana.

wana10

y'all should have been on irc the other night...i was on a roll with these depressing things. what really kills me about the sesame street one is that i was born after that clip aired. in fact, the only character i really know in that clip is big bird. but it doesn't matter, i started bawling anyways.

oh, and while i'm posting here, have another mood killer

Vytamindi

Vytamindi

You didn't kill him, Simba! Dr. Chase did!!!

Green_Lantern

Green_Lantern

I watched the movie, but I don't seem to be affected by the imagine (but again, it was like half-my-life ago)

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

You didn't kill him, Simba! Dr. Chase did!!!
[/QUOTE]

Oh God, hahahaha

HE WAS GOING TO KILL THE WILDEBEESTS SIMBA DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND, I HAD TO DO SOMETHING

Hylian

Hylian

Necronic

Necronic

Be warned, this one is really sad, especially if you know the backstory. And its not sad in a small way.

Green_Lantern

Green_Lantern

What's the backstory?
I think he was a solider in Iraq when a car exploded nearby, and he got burned pretty all over it. The girl is his high school sweetheart

It is all I can remember, I pretty sure there is more sadness in it.

Necronic

Necronic

She divorced him pretty soon after. If you look at her face, you can already see that. And him. The poor man. To have everything taken from you, and yet to still be alive and have it taken from you every day thereafter.

Bowielee

Bowielee

Oh, god, thanks for ripping the band aid off of that emotional wound.

;)

I still think it was a bold step for them to actually address Mr Hooper's death on the show.

Green_Lantern

Green_Lantern

She divorced him pretty soon after. If you look at her face, you can already see that. And him. The poor man. To have everything taken from you, and yet to still be alive and have it taken from you every day thereafter.
Okay, thanks for the tears.

JONJONAUG

makare

JonJon I just stumbled that first link. That's really weird.
yeah those poor women. It's unbelievable.

Lally

I don't get squeamish easily, but my stomach turned when I read that first link. I couldn't even finish the pictures.