HCGLNS has declared war on the Mods!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave

Staff member
There are tickets open at DBT and they are planning to have the following in soon-to-be-released updates:

1. Maximum amounts stolen.
  2. Stealing amounts based on YOUR money, not the money of the target.
  3. Item controls which can stop people from buying the same item more than once. This would help eliminate the person's ability to buy cheap upgrades multiple times.
Right now the stealing is broken. But sine your HB doesn't really DO anything it's not that big of a deal. Once we get it integrated with the arcade, RPG or something else useful it'll be a different story.

HCGLNS was just the first to jump through the loophole. Disconnected looks to be the second.

---------- Post added at 02:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:12 PM ----------

Right now Witness Protection doesn't do much other than allow people to buy stealing immunity. But it'll have things soon like guard dogs or armed security that limits the chances of stealing, the amount stolen, etc. When these get implemented I'll be raising the cost to join it again.

So the Underworld will have:

Steal more HB: cheap, medium & expensive
Steal easier (+ to steal %): cheap, medium & expensive

Witness Protection will have:

Attackers steal less: cheap, medium & expensive
Attackers steal a lower %: cheap, medium & expensive
Stealing immunity: VERY expensive

If you are a part of one you can't be in the other. If you are a part of neither when you steal you suck at it, you lose money and PROBABLY fail.

figmentPez

Staff member
Right now Witness Protection doesn't do much other than allow people to buy stealing immunity.
So it costs a lot of money, does nothing, and I'd still have to save up more to actually protect my money? All in the midst of a crime wave. It would have been nice to know that there were options to secure my Halbucks before I found out that 80% steals were possible.

Witness Protection right now hides you from theft and costs money to the thief for attempting to steal. They can still steal from you but the chance of success is negligible.

Stealing right now isn't broken. If you want to steal, you can't keep the money you have stolen.

figmentPez

Staff member
Witness Protection right now hides you from theft and costs money to the thief for attempting to steal. They can still steal from you but the chance of success is negligible.
What does "hides you from theft" mean, anyway? Also, why does the loot bag have a clear and simple description, but Witness Protection doesn't?

Stealing right now isn't broken. If you want to steal, you can't keep the money you have stolen.
And if the thief doesn't care about keeping the money, and just wants to keep others from having any? They can do that all they want, and very effectively. It's not just whittling down the amount that someone has, but taking most of what they have in chunks larger than most posters will see in months of posting.

Interesting. It was someone stealing from me a ton of my cash while I was in Witness Protection that caused me to save up for The Vault.

Interesting. It was someone stealing from me a ton of my cash while I was in Witness Protection that caused me to save up for The Vault.[/QUOTE]

:whistling: I think I was only getting a small percentage from you each time. You just had a lot, and I did it a whole bunch of times. That was when you could just dump your money in the bank and you didn't get charged for stealing.

Lol, that's right, it was the grizzled prospector there :D

So, just out of curiosity, when all of this gets "fixed", Dave, am I going to have to buy all this all over again?

Right now if you don't like stealing, don't steal yourself as this negates the protections of the Vault and Witness Proctection. Keep your money in the bank where it is protected and save up to purchase the Witness Protection item.

When you try to steal from someone in Witness Protection you get a message that you could not find them and are charged a fee for trying to steal. You do not get a success or failure notice. If you are persistent enough you can eventually find them and then get either a success or fail message.

If you try to steal from someone who has purchased the Vault, and they have not used the steal function you get a message that they are immune from stealing and redirected back to halshoppe.

Right now if you don't like stealing, don't steal yourself as this negates the protections of the Vault and Witness Proctection. Keep your money in the bank where it is protected and save up to purchase the Witness Protection item.

When you try to steal from someone in Witness Protection you get a message that you could not find them and are charged a fee for trying to steal. You do not get a success or failure notice. If you are persistent enough you can eventually find them and then get either a success or fail message.

If you try to steal from someone who has purchased the Vault, and they have not used the steal function you get a message that they are immune from stealing and redirected back to halshoppe.
So there is no punishment for trying to steal from someone who is immune? Boo-urns!

Yeah all you get is a message that they are immune. Still haven't learned who the 8th person with immunity is yet.

figmentPez

Staff member
Except the bank only protects about a third of the cost of Witness Protection, and it'll take the average poster weeks to cross the gap. Plenty of time for trolls, scumbags, griefers and the like to keep them from ever getting any sort of real protection. Not to mention that they have to know what they need to buy in order to realize they're saving up for something (and another something that's hidden).

Except the bank only protects about a third of the cost of Witness Protection, and it'll take the average poster weeks to cross the gap. Plenty of time for trolls, scumbags, griefers and the like to keep them from ever getting any sort of real protection. Not to mention that they have to know what they need to buy in order to realize they're saving up for something (and another something that's hidden).[/QUOTE]

See previous page where I agree with you and promote a solution to this problem and Dave agrees to implement it.

figmentPez

Staff member
See previous page where I agree with you and promote a solution to this problem and Dave agrees to implement it.
It's not a solution if Witness Protection is as useless as the Mods say it is, and it remains poorly labled in the Shoppe.

Dave

Staff member
Mods can give themselves all the money they want
I don't think so. Admins can but it seems silly to do so.

I'd like to point out that I think the entire stealing ability is retarded and should be removed from the system altogether. Then users can save up HalBucks in peace for simply being an active member. Honestly, I think that's how it should be.

Not have 50k swept away while they really wanted to buy that cool thing in the shop, or were going for a name change and now have to wait two more f'ing weeks (IF they don't get robbed again in the meantime). We have plenty of games were we can 'fight' each other. And Forumon RPG will allow that too, soon. Why add this poorly constructed stealing ability to this?

Note: This has not been posted as a grudge response as I have never been stolen from, and cannot even be stolen from, I just think the system is retarded as it is punishing active people for trying to save up their HalBucks.[/QUOTE]

Want to hear something funny? I think the same thing about the Rep system. :)

But let's not argue in front of the kids, dear.

P

Philosopher B.

Nooo. I'm just getting used to the rep. Plus it allows me to reward awesome posts.

Dave

Staff member
Ame, I'm about to leave and head home. Let me get there and I'll get on IRC with ya. If you aren't asleep.

Nothing broken about the system at all. Anyone can use it they way I chose to, I was just the first to do so.
Not if they don't want to take the time. I'd rather spend my time on something better. I don't want to make Halbucks at the expense of others. I don't want to spend all my Halbucks on ways to take more Halbucks from others. And I want a clear way to keep my Halbucks safe. Not some fucking expensive hidden add-on that isn't listed under "Immunities" where I thought I'd go to look for "Immunity from stealing"!

May a thousand balding men empty their electric razors into your coffee mug![/QUOTE]

:tina:

Status
Not open for further replies.