HF SECRET SANTA 2010 - Post your gift pictures!

Status
Not open for further replies.
HF SECRET SANTA 2010 - Send your gift by Dec 12th

I got my Secret Santa present!

Is the official word that we're not allowed to open them yet?

There is no official word regarding opening them.

If you feel like waiting, go ahead. If you feel like opening it now, go ahead.

Last year most people opened things up when they got them, and I think it worked out pretty well - it got everyone else excited to see what they were going to get.

You people have way too much self-control. I'd never be able to wait.

What could it be?

It's a copy of Machine of Death, currently not available inside Canada! YES.

Thanks a lot Shawna! I'm gonna start reading it on my way to school. :)

Nice gift! I expect a book review in the machine of death thread pending completion of the book now...

I've already read a third of it and it is incredible. The best short story collection I've ever read.

Shawna, I can't thank you enough.

D

darkangel6988

I've already read a third of it and it is incredible. The best short story collection I've ever read.

Shawna, I can't thank you enough.
Your very welcome Gusto :) Glad it made you happy I may have to print the pic of you holding it and hang it on my wall you look like a little Kid who just got a Ps3 lol ! I have another small thing here at home that I will mail you it may come a bit late as I had to make it :)

Glad your enjoying your book and that I brigtenened your day I now feel warm and fuzzy inside hehe !

---------- Post added at 07:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:26 AM ----------

Yeah, I felt kind of greedy or something posting things I liked, but I feel so completely clueless when shopping for gifts that I like hints. If what I received wasn't on my list of likes, I'm sure it will still be a lovely surprise. :)

You know, next year it might be fun to try an idea that my cousins had for our secret santa: We're taking our own belongings: clothes, books, CDs, DVDs, other things... and passing them on. Whatever possession of ours we think our secret santa would enjoy, we give it to them rather than buy something new. Might be a good way to "recycle" and share a bit of ourselves as well. The only problem is, it might not always end up being something someone might want. Still, I think that part of the fun would be trying something new.
That's a fabulous idea but I doubt anyone would want anything I have....I'm a little blingy and over the top I could send my Ed Hardy steering wheel cover since everyone makes fun of me for having one lol ;)

North_Ranger

Staff member

Sent the package today. Hopefully it gets to the recipient in time; there's a flight attendants' strike going on, which means there's some hassle with the mail because of cancelled flights.

Bought a part of the gift today! Need to get a little more to launch it from 'cheap gift' to the 'that's pretty neat' zone.

Got mine yesterday, have been on the hop since then, but I will have pictures forthcoming!

I just sent my gift, but I wasn't able to put my name on it or include a message. Merry Christmas [insert name here]! You should be getting your gift sometime next week.

I'm going on a magical quest today to finish my secret santa shopping.

MAGICAL. QUEST.

Oh man I was gonna finish off my shopping today but I don't think I can live up to TERRIK'S MAGICAL QUEST.

North_Ranger

Staff member

I'm going on a magical quest today to finish my secret santa shopping.

MAGICAL. QUEST.
MAGICAL QUEST? In China?

Oh man, I hope you have someone film the aerial acrobatics and awesome stunts as you battle with opponents who will stop at nothing to keep you from reaching your goal.

Two-part package sent... one's predicted "before or on Dec. 24th," while the other should be coming in... this Thursday, I believe.

my first parter should arrive on Thursday or so. The second parter on Thursday or Friday.

H

hylian's secret santa

Awesome gift :)

I can't wait until mine comes in :)
I don't know if the USPS will deliver two lumps of coal and a bundle of switches.

We shall see.

Cajungal

Staff member

I can't wait to post pictures of my gifts tonight!! My secret Santa is the greatest. ^_^ also sending mine tonight, too. Will post again when that's done!

Phat lewt!

Attempting to solve the puzzle...

Eureka!

Of course... now the trick is getting the damned thing back together! *laughs*

Thank you, Mr. J. B. from TX!

Woo Hoo! I got my gift in!!

First I want to thank my Secret Santa so very much for the awesome gifts I received in. So thank you very much KCWM and a merry Christmas to you also :)

Now let's take a look at the awesome gifts I received :D

First up is Dominion!

Now I have not played Dominion before but it looks like a lot of fun and I can;t wait to try it out.

And secondly is a huge stack of DVDs

Angel Season 1 (I have been meaning to watch this for ages now)
Saving Private Ryan (I love this movie)
Terminator 2 (I also love this movie)
Ghostbusters 1 & 2 (I have seen and loved the first one. I have not seen the second one yet but I have been meaning to watch if forever now so I can't wait to see it)
Daredevil (I also like this movie)
Groundhog Day (Another movie I love)

So once again thank you so very much KCWM for the awesome gift.

Compared to the awesome gifts you sent me it the gifts I sent out seem pathetically small (so I apologize to the person who received the gifts I sent out) and once again thank you and I hope you have a very merry Christmas :)

I got my gift! It was awesome. I took a video but am too damn tiered to upload it!

Hylian, you are absolutely welcome. My friends, wife, and I all really enjoy Dominion, and given the number of players you mentioned having, it seemed like a good fit. I'm also glad you liked the movies. The director's cut of Daredevil was, IMHO, much better than the theatrical release. I've been looking for someone to pass those DVDs along to and this was the perfect opportunity to do that. Sorry for the state of the Angel box...it's pretty beat up, but the discs all work well.

Merry Christmas!

C

Chibibar

I can only afford smaller items due to budget.. I'm jealous. I got my Secret only 2 item off the wishlist :(

I can only afford smaller items due to budget.. I'm jealous. I got my Secret only 2 item off the wishlist :(
... and now I feel like a real bastard for only sending 1 gift...[/QUOTE]

Don't. CajunGirl and I were on the same wavelength when she posted the following near the bottom of the third page:

You know, next year it might be fun to try an idea that my cousins had for our secret santa: We're taking our own belongings: clothes, books, CDs, DVDs, other things... and passing them on. Whatever possession of ours we think our secret santa would enjoy, we give it to them rather than buy something new. Might be a good way to "recycle" and share a bit of ourselves as well. The only problem is, it might not always end up being something someone might want. Still, I think that part of the fun would be trying something new.
This is part of why I sent two gifts.

HF SECRET SANTA 2010 - Send your gift by Dec 13th

I just checked my list twice, and sent messages to those that haven't said they sent their gift.

Fortunately nearly 3/4 of the group have already sent their gift, most within the last week, so I expect a lot of people will be receiving their gifts this next week.

If you have sent your gift or received it, and haven't mentioned it on this thread please do so, or PM me, so I can keep track of everything!

Cajungal

Staff member

Didn't re-post, but my gift was sent! It should reach my person by Dec 23-24. I was hoping to get it out earlier, but at least it should get there just in time! I can't wait til you get it. :)

B

BErt

Gift sent. I apologize now for any perceived lameness...

Status
Not open for further replies.