How Would You...? (Renamed thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mmm, but then it starts becoming a federal crime. Keep it relatively low-profile.

Also, if you're going to make it look like a home invasion gone wrong, then take the time to help yourself to high-value items like laptops, game consoles, money and jewelry. At least throw off investigation.

Mmm, but then it starts becoming a federal crime. Keep it relatively low-profile.

Also, if you're going to make it look like a home invasion gone wrong, then take the time to help yourself to high-value items like laptops, game consoles, money and jewelry. At least throw off investigation.
However, it's VERY important that you don't try to pawn these. You want to part them up and slowly dispose of them or anonymously donate them on the other side of town.

Agreed. Don't pawn or Craigslist... a simple word-of-mouth transaction should work. And make sure you don't try to sell it for a ridiculously cheap sum of money - most people might get a little suspicious if you offer them a PS3 for $40.

GasBandit

Staff member

Just a quick question.. to uh... settle a bet with a friend of mine. If you keep the gun inside a ziplock bag and then reach into that bag and then put the whole mess inside a trash bag... would the bullet exiting through the plastic be enough to get residue on the scene?

... So you're, in essence, trying to trap the residue in a double-layered catch... the question would be why? All you'd be doing would be trapping the GSR all over your hands, which would be the problem a lot of shooters have. Also, you'd run the risk of leaving trace evidence from the garbage bag onscene, to say nothing of running the risk of COMPLETELY destroying your accuracy.

Seems to me that you're trying too hard to do something irrelevant.

GasBandit

Staff member
... So you're, in essence, trying to trap the residue in a double-layered catch... the question would be why? All you'd be doing would be trapping the GSR all over your hands, which would be the problem a lot of shooters have. Also, you'd run the risk of leaving trace evidence from the garbage bag onscene, to say nothing of running the risk of COMPLETELY destroying your accuracy.

Seems to me that you're trying too hard to do something irrelevant.
Accuracy isn't a problem, the subject is tied to a ch... er.. would be tied to a chair. Just trying to make it look like he was shot somewhere else and moved there. Uh. Hypothetically.

Accuracy isn't a problem, the subject is tied to a ch... er.. would be tied to a chair. Just trying to make it look like he was shot somewhere else and moved there. Uh. Hypothetically.
You'd have a problem with that. The blood in the body tends to pool according to how it is laid, so you'd have to be extra careful with placement and how you transport it. Besides, you'd still have to deal with splatter at the actual crime scene and lack of it at the dumping spot. Honestly, it would be easier to just kill them at the dumping ground while wearing a hazmat suit, then burning the hazmat suit.

GasBandit

Staff member
You'd have a problem with that. The blood in the body tends to pool according to how it is laid, so you'd have to be extra careful with placement and how you transport it. Besides, you'd still have to deal with splatter at the actual crime scene and lack of it at the dumping spot. Honestly, it would be easier to just kill them at the dumping ground while wearing a hazmat suit, then burning the hazmat suit.
No, not moving them, just wanting them to look moved... so... theoretically, put the guy IN the trashbag, shoot him, let him lie one way for a bit then take him out of the trashbag, clean him up, change his clothes and flip him over the other way. Got it.

I curse my city, for only having one Donut shop.and it is a city of over a million people.and just ONE donut shop.on every corner a Bakery...but no donuts.

B

Biannoshufu

I often vacillate between wanting to ask a bunch of questions to cops about how x does y action tactics, and remembering that oh yes, I like not having a public criminal record. Then when I write my murder mysteries cops let me know I've fucked up.

Also, isn't impersonating the FBI a crime with a $250,000 fine and up to three years in prison? I mean, yes, I laughed at the joke, but you might want to be careful with that kind of stuff...

Amy, in all seriousness, if you've got questions you'd like to ask, you can shoot me a PM. I'm a stickler for accuracy in my reading material. There's no crime in asking, or even having the information, as far as I know... it's what you do with it afterwards.

Dave

Staff member
I often vacillate between wanting to ask a bunch of questions to cops about how x does y action tactics, and remembering that oh yes, I like not having a public criminal record. Then when I write my murder mysteries cops let me know I've fucked up.

Also, isn't impersonating the FBI a crime with a $250,000 fine and up to three years in prison? I mean, yes, I laughed at the joke, but you might want to be careful with that kind of stuff...
If the IP were from the US I'll bet he'd worry. As it is, I don't think they can touch him.

Status
Not open for further replies.