I really need a custom title...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you joust at dawn anyway? Because that would be entertaining as hell.
Just as long as they do on those cool flying ostriches. Damn, I loved that game. :(

I don't think I knew you were from Missouri. My in-laws live up in St. Peter and St. Charles. We've actually thought about moving up there to be near her family. This has nothing to do with the thread.

I thought the Dickerdoodle thing was famous because it HowDroll and ElJuski being weird together?

Did I miss the subtext?

Just as long as they do on those cool flying ostriches. Damn, I loved that game. :(

I don't think I knew you were from Missouri. My in-laws live up in St. Peter and St. Charles. We've actually thought about moving up there to be near her family. This has nothing to do with the thread.
I'm actually from Chicago originally -- I'm going to grad school and working at Mizzou. I'm quite optimistic that at some point in the next year or two I'll be back up in the Chi :)

How about I fuck a fawn over her? I bet that'd be even more entertaining.

*Obligatory: Juski mad cause he got shut down.

@PEZ: Considering you're the biggest "White Knight" on the board, I'm not the least bit surprised you disagreed with my post.

figmentPez

Staff member
@PEZ: Considering you're the biggest "White Knight" on the board, I'm not the least bit surprised you disagreed with my post.
Oh, c'mon. Do you really think Charlie is doing it to impress women? He's just doing it to be contrary. I don't doubt that his reasons are insincere, but they're not white knight motives.

GasBandit

Staff member
Oh, c'mon. Do you really think Charlie is doing it to impress women? He's just doing it to be contrary. I don't doubt that his reasons are insincere, but they're not white knight motives.
Charlie's a special kind of white knight. He's done it before. For him, it's not the motivation most white knights have (IE the "maybe if I defend her she'll want me" stuff), for him, it's about finding any excuse to make every thread exasperatingly tiresome by seeing victimization everywhere. Guy arrested? Victim of the cops. Pretty girl? Victim of unwanted sexual advances. RIAA? Victim of piracy. No matter what the subject, you are doing something bad to someone and Charlie wants to make sure you feel uncomfortable about it.

Not exactly to impress them, so I guess my terminology is a bit off.

I just had an amusing thought of a White Knight dressed as a Hipster....

ElJuski

Staff member
I think you guys just get a massive knee-jerk reaction to Charlie, and honestly don't read into everything he's saying.

But you guys can be pretty one note and bland on a lot of this shit. Ditto to incessant hipster labeling.

I think you guys just get a massive knee-jerk reaction to Charlie, and honestly don't read into everything he's saying.

But you guys can be pretty one note and bland on a lot of this shit. Ditto to incessant hipster labeling.
That sounds like the kind of thing a hipster would say.

Charlie's a special kind of white knight. He's done it before. For him, it's not the motivation most white knights have (IE the "maybe if I defend her she'll want me" stuff), for him, it's about finding any excuse to make every thread exasperatingly tiresome by seeing victimization everywhere. Guy arrested? Victim of the cops. Pretty girl? Victim of unwanted sexual advances. RIAA? Victim of piracy. No matter what the subject, you are doing something bad to someone and Charlie wants to make sure you feel uncomfortable about it.
Shego, you can make me your victim whenever you'd like :unibrow:

GasBandit

Staff member

Sock puppet.

ElJuski

Staff member
Independent Thought Alarm
Added at: 22:07
I'll be honest, Charlie is like, a handful of people on this forum I would actually assume to be the person they are as their online persona, and not some weird, withered shell of their poster. And I respect him for that.

GasBandit

Staff member
Independent Thought Alarm
Added at: 22:07
I'll be honest, Charlie is like, a handful of people on this forum I would actually assume to be the person they are as their online persona, and not some weird, withered shell of their poster. And I respect him for that.
I think there are probably more genuine posters here than netsonas. Not that we don't have our share of the latter.

ElJuski

Staff member
I mean, who knows. My point being, is that, even though I don't agree with the dude 100% of the time, and if I do, not necessarily to his extremes, I respect where he comes from. A lot more than the knee-jerk reactions and audaciously silly assumptions other users sling around this place.

But that's just me, and I could very well fall under the same trap. Fortunately, there are several people on this board that can truly attest to my own brand of assholery and insanity.

doomdragon6

Staff member
Differences in Halforums women:

Shego:
Us: Hey baby.
Shego: *rips face off*

Droll:
Us: HowDroll is attractive.
Droll: You bet your sweet ass I am. *insert joking invitation for flirtation*

I'll admit, I usually stay away from the "omg hot nerd" crap. But HowDroll might be the most attractive girl in the universe, so I'll admit it's a bit hard to resist.

Just let the fat nerds have their encouraged fun.

ElJuski

Staff member
I wouldn't be so against it if you guys had at least a little bit of wit applied to it.

But really, none of it matters, since Sam is literally doing it to have fun and see your reactions. So any heehawing we're doing is moot. I just want to make my voice heard that my eyes roll fucking hard at the inane wooping you guys make.
Added at: 22:40
capital hooters, madam, etc.

(but then again, as Droll will attest, I've not been much better in real life >:p. BUT I WAS YOUNG AND DRUNK THEN)

figmentPez

Staff member
I mean, who knows. My point being, is that, even though I don't agree with the dude 100% of the time, and if I do, not necessarily to his extremes, I respect where he comes from. A lot more than the knee-jerk reactions and audaciously silly assumptions other users sling around this place.
While I do agree with you in general, I think it's unfair to call it a knee-jerk reaction for this specific case. Charlie specifically said he was going to vote in favor of anything that isn't ____. That's being contrary, and voting in favor of something regardless of it's merits is very insincere. Admittedly it is a little judgemental to assume that he's not being contrary and insincere in an effort to impress women, but I'm willing to make that logical leap.

My reaction to his post was just to be contrary as well. If someone called me out for it, they wouldn't be wrong.

actually I kind of saw when I actually did the voting there wasn't as much of the drooling as I thought on first blush so I kind of dropped it

also she doesn't care / gets off on it, so I cared even less

ElJuski

Staff member
As long as we can go see the trailer park where they filmed the trailer park boys, and / or Hobo With A Shotgun.
Added at: 22:50
uhm and that greasy spoon place you guys up there always talk about. Bill Booboo's or something

Status
Not open for further replies.