Introduce Yourself!

C

Chazwozel

Ross-My education is in geology :)

Dave-Haha thanks. I really dislike anything that is poisonous/slimy or has tentacles, multiple rows of teeth, stingers (etc) that is also capable of lurking in water. Dolphins are okay. Squids, eels, sharks, fish in general, octopi/uses (Not sure which is correct) and jellyfish are not.

North_Ranger-I can play guitar and piano well enough to make it sound like I know what I'm doing to someone who doesn't know music, but really, I'm not good at either ;). The only purpose my violin has served is to gather dust, though I really want to take lessons. I can sing, though :D
Geology, nice. You and fade will get along well.

C

Creature

Someone's a fan of Three Eleven.
Love 311. I got to see them and Snoop in concert last summer. It was great.

You know, my wife has the same issue with fish and Thing Which Live Below the Sea. She wants to go to Ireland someday, but doesn't want to fly there because if the plane were to go down she doesn't want the fish to eat her. Which to me is just weird.
She understands me.

Cajungal

Staff member
Nice to have another Louisiana gal here.

You mentioned in another post that you like Lafayette. Have you ever been to Downtown Alive or Festival International?

C

Creature

Nice to have another Louisiana gal here.

You mentioned in another post that you like Lafayette. Have you ever been to Downtown Alive or Festival International?
I've never been to Downtown Alive, but I have been to Festival International, and I LOVED it. Love love love!

P

Philosopher B.

Lots of new faces about these days. Hello and welcome to the crib. Happy posting!

fade

Staff member
[strike]Uh oh. I'm filled with a sudden sense of dread that real life has crossed into my magic happy playland....

Be right back. Have to edit, like, ALL my posts.[/strike]

I mean, Hello!

Welcome to the forums, hope you have a great time here, we'll try to give you time to settle before creeping you out. :)

Also, I too love your elephant.

C

Creature

[strike]Uh oh. I'm filled with a sudden sense of dread that real life has crossed into my magic happy playland....

I mean, Hello!

What? Dread? I honestly don't think I know you at all. Are you in Louisiana too? I live in the southeast, near New Orleans. Someone else said you like geology though. That's pretty ironic. I can leave if you like, though. Plenty of other forums out there.

I'm pretty sure Fade meant his previously unchallenged geology specialty will now be under expert scrutiny, which means he has to go back and check all his previous posts for errors. :)

Don't leave! Please!

C

Creature

I'm pretty sure Fade meant his previously unchallenged geology specialty will now be under expert scrutiny, which means he has to go back and check all his previous posts for errors. :)

Don't leave! Please!
Haha I'm no expert. I'm just starting school this semester after taking a break. Lots of cobwebs and dust in my brain right now.

fade

Staff member

I mean, Hello!

What? Dread? I honestly don't think I know you at all. Are you in Louisiana too? I live in the southeast, near New Orleans. Someone else said you like geology though. That's pretty ironic. I can leave if you like, though. Plenty of other forums out there.[/QUOTE]

Phew. Thought you were one of the students at this University. Some of them know about my comic, and I thought they followed the forum link here. (I'm a geology professor, possibly in Louisiana. Just saying.)

T

Twitch

Fade, relieved that this didn't seem to be a student, logged off for the night and went to sleep. When he rose the next morning he approached his closet and carefully selected his best pipe and tweed jacket. Hastily applying a bow tie he went for the door and drove to the campus, humming a nice little song about kinds of rocks. When he got the lecture hall he relaxed into his chair and, waiting for people to arrive, fiddled with the various ores and minerals laying about on his desk. The first student that walked in was new, probably a grad student around the age of 22 to 24. He nodded as she entered and busied himself among his notes. As people poured in he approached the rear of the hall, and looking outside just once for stragglers, closed the door. When he turned his heart stopped. Staring at him with terrified eyes was a face. A face he knew all too well. This face was nestled snugly between the edge of a laptop screen and bright blue words. Words that he stammered from his mouth...

"H-h-h-halforums!"

C

Creature

A geology professor? That's sweet. I may ask you a question or two about geology, but don't fear me. I'm all about the anonymity.

Twitch, thats funny hehe. I don't know any songs about rocks though... that would be kind of awesome if they had some.

This is the closest thing I can think about right now:

50% of the lyrics are "Rock". Pretty impressive.

EDIT: Wait, no! Much more than 50%! Theres two "rocks" for every "robot"!

I admittedly don't know much about Australia. What are some uniquely Aussie (can I say that) things you love? that you hate? That I wouldn't know about from my meticulous study of the Crocodile Dundee trilogy?

What part of Australia do you live in? I did a trip down the east coast from Cairns to Sydney about 10 years back and had a blast. I still get occasional cravings for Violet Crumble and horrid flashbacks of Vegemite.

C

chakz

Welcome to the madness.

Besides imagery that has now been replaced with... umm, uhh... a crow, I think... what else makes you a creeper?
How bout this. The crow is watching shego and kim make out. Apparently its a pervy crow?

S

Shadazz

I admittedly don't know much about Australia. What are some uniquely Aussie (can I say that) things you love? that you hate? That I wouldn't know about from my meticulous study of the Crocodile Dundee trilogy?
We have huge cities, not dusty shitholes of towns. Although nothing compared to New York or anything. We have a population of roughly 24 million. We were founded by the British originally as a big fucking floating jail for convicts, since their shit was full. I've never seen a kangaroo in my life, or a crocodile, outside of a Zoo. You can have sex when you're sixteen, you can drink when you're eighteen and smoke too. Everywhere I go, I see cats. It's fucking catland, it is.

What part of Australia do you live in? I did a trip down the east coast from Cairns to Sydney about 10 years back and had a blast. I still get occasional cravings for Violet Crumble and horrid flashbacks of Vegemite.
Far away from any of that, I live in Perth, Western Australia. Vegemite is horrible, they have a new Vegemite and Cheese flavour called iSnack 2.0, trendy riat? And if you play your cards right, I'll mail you some Violet Crumble.

Do you guys really call bullfrogs 'Chazwozels'. MUAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!
Nope, pretty sure we call them Bullfrogs, although I've never seen any before.. Cane Toads on the other hand.. we're encouraged to kill the fucking huge poisonous little fuckers.