It's the end of an era.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I stopped drinking soda and energy drink except for on occasions but I still remember living on sodas like Jolt and I am sad to see it go :(

I remember going to LAN parties and drinking 6-7 Jolts... goddamn it was like a blowjob in a can. Amazing.

Dave

Staff member
NOOO!

Oh well. Haven't had one in quite a while. I cut down considerably on caffeine. I won't miss it and there's a shit-ton of new things that give that caffeine buzz.

That's just in Dave, I think people moved on when Energy Drinks really took off.

*takes another gulp of her Sugarfree Red Bull*

M

makare

Hmm I dont think I have ever heard of Jolt Cola.

Well, now you will only be able to get it at the one store where the guy has saved cases and cases of sodas. Someday he may be the richest man on earth.

C

Chazwozel

NOOO!

Oh well. Haven't had one in quite a while. I cut down considerably on caffeine. I won't miss it and there's a shit-ton of new things that give that caffeine buzz.
Contrary to the popular belief. Caffeine has been shown to be good for you.

Dave

Staff member
NOOO!

Contrary to the popular belief. Caffeine has been shown to be good for you.[/QUOTE]

So is spinach but I don't care for that, either. Caffeine could be manna from the Gods and I would cut down on it because it makes me jittery and I have trouble sleeping.

S

Soliloquy

Does anyone here remember surge? That crap was nasty, but man did it make me hyper as a kid.

Ahead of its time, it was.

Shannow

Staff member
NOOO!

Contrary to the popular belief. Caffeine has been shown to be good for you.[/quote]

So is spinach but I don't care for that, either. Caffeine could be manna from the Gods and I would cut down on it because it makes me jittery and I have trouble sleeping.[/QUOTE]

I got yer manna of the god right here!!!!!

...you cant see it, but I am thusting my pelvis at the pc and pointing to my crotch.

Shit, visual euphamisms dont work on this, do they

I remember when they stopped making Surge. Of course, I also remember they fucking tested it in high schools and middle schools. I would literally get a bottle of it every day just by asking a rep that was handing them out in the area. That shit should be illegal.

Shannow

Staff member
I remember when they stopped making Surge. Of course, I also remember they fucking tested it in high schools and middle schools. I would literally get a bottle of it every day just by asking a rep that was handing them out in the area. That shit should be illegal.
hahahaha, i remember that! It was great, we had 2 machines in highschool, and it was 25 cents a can

Does anyone here remember surge? That crap was nasty, but man did it make me hyper as a kid.

Ahead of its time, it was.
I'm pretty sure Surge became Vault, which has even MORE caffeine.

That's the one thing I always thought it did not have enough of.

E

elph

Jolt Cola was what put the final nail in the coffin for caffeine to have any effect on me. I drank a 3L in 1 night when I was 15. I wasn't exactly bouncing off walls, but I was a little more wired then normal for a few days. After that, caffeine has no stimulant effects anymore (other then keeping withdrawal headaches away).

W

Wasabi Poptart

Jolt was great when I was working midnight shift and needed to stay awake for a few more hours than usual after work. There was only one 7-11 store I knew of that had it and it just happened to be across the street from my place. :D

N

nufan

X-Stream BLUE!

Scudworth: So you're product is called—
X-Stream Mike: X-Stream Blue! It's a power snack!
X-Stream Erin: Stick it in your face-hole!
Scudworth: This is something you eat?
X-Stream Mike: It's really just pancake batter mixed with blue paint in a sports bottle—sick! Tight! Cyber! Awesome!
Scudworth: I see...now for allowing you to test market this product on my students, I am willing to be paid $2,000,000.
X-Stream Mike: Allow me to confer with my associates
['...To the max...I have low self-esteem...]
X-Stream Mike: We accept your offer
Scudworth: Dead presidents, Mr. B!

I can't imagine why it failed.

Oh wait, yes I can. I've -always- heard people talk about it, always wanted to try it (or at least did when I was a kid, and it was totally the most caffeine you could possibly get!) but have NEVER SEEN IT SOLD ANYWHERE, EVER.

I've been all over the Southeast, and never saw Jolt available for sale.

Me and the rookie bought out the local convenience store tonight of all it's regular Jolt (not Jolt's God awful non-cola selection).

It was worth it.

S

SeraRelm

Jolt was the precursor, now people who think Jolt is awesome get laughed at by people who drink Red Bull.

In ten years I expect to see solid blocks of caffeine being sold as suppositories.

Status
Not open for further replies.