[Gaming] Mass Effect 3 : It's here and thy ending is queeeeeeer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm doing my very best to avoid spoilers like that... you've already had the beginning ruined? Bummer man.

Well there's still the question if
the whole thing is spun out of The Arrival or simply working with Cerberus...
so i still have something to look forward to (although after the Leliana in DA2 thing and how Arrival shoe-horned you into the same result for any type of character isn't a good sign).

Spoilers on some Mass Effect 3 stuff is here at Kotaku and here at Bioware forums.

Every weapon is modular and can be customized with up to five modifications... WOHOO! They'll be like the lightsabers in KOTOR - I really liked that feature.

"Turian homeworld Palaven and the Quarian homeworld Rannoch are early new destinations." Interesting for those who romanced Garrus or Tali - you can now visit their homeworld if they survived?

"Turian homeworld Palaven and the Quarian homeworld Rannoch are early new destinations." Interesting for those who romanced Garrus or Tali - you can now visit their homeworld if they survived?
I just hope that this time around they'll be more then just places where you recruit someone and then you're off to the last mission.

Also, i better not have to give turians gems or Quarians runes to make their troops better... i'd rather have quests that improve your forces for the end battle...

Lets see some of the females of all these races. As far as we've seen so far, Turians and Salarians are entirely male. I'd count Volus, jellyfish monsters and those big guys whose names I can't remember but I'm just assuming we wouldn't be able to tell anyway.

Nah, we know where the Krogan wimmens be at. They explained that away in ME2. I meant those big lumbering dudes. Google reminds me they are called Elcor.

CE:

Man, i really hope the game has way more weapons then ME2, because otherwise 4 weapons restricted to the CE is a giant chunk of the available ones...

Underwhelmed by the video....
There are better ones on gametrailers, i just assumed you'd know how to look. Of course they all only show gunplay...

This is probably the first and last collectors edition of a game I will ever buy...

DON'T FUCK IT UP EA!!!! (and stop wasting time adding functionality for the god damn Kinect... spend that time polishing the game)

Not that we'll ever know, but I bet MS asked EA to add Kinect functionality and probably gave them some incentive to do it. EA probably added a Kinect team to the development cycle rather than gave the existing teams more to work on. Of course, it means more functionality to debug...

Not that we'll ever know, but I bet MS asked EA to add Kinect functionality and probably gave them some incentive to do it. EA probably added a Kinect team to the development cycle rather than gave the existing teams more to work on. Of course, it means more functionality to debug...
I hope against all hope that you're right... but more often than not companies don't put the proper money and resources into these sorts of things and other aspects suffer accordingly.

Robotic dog?
I just noticed that... what possible use could that have? (maybe it's a prelude to the Mass Effect Petz expansion :Leyla:)

UGHHH

UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGH

UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGH

This smells like Dragon Age 2 so bad. In order to get THE ENTIRE FUCKING GAME, you have to buy the more expensive version of the game or buy them for ridiculous prices on day one.

FUCK OFF.

Personally, I am a huge fan of the series and the videos shown just make me want to play it right now.

I would sell my soul in order to have a finished copy in my hands.

Hang on, there's an extremely sunburned man at my door asking if I have any open wounds...

Personally, I am a huge fan of the series and the videos shown just make me want to play it right now.
Just to clarify... I am a completely rabid fan of the Mass Effect series (Have played through ME1 6 times and ME2 4 times)... hell, I'm building Mass Effect props and costumes as well in my spare time (I want a display case full of the crap for my entertainment room).

I'm just wary of all this bullshit they keep advertising... and the development time I see wasted on useless crap. You know what we want more than different armor graphics, guns, kinect interactivity and GOD DAMN PETS? A well polished game worthy of the title of Mass Effect 3 with a kick ass ending to the trilogy. I swear if they give this game the Dragon Age 2 treatment I will swear off Bioware forever.

And Frankie... I'm feeling your pain...

Well ME does have the advantage as starting out as a more action oriented game where pushing a button did "something awesome"... so they can't really DA2 it... (plus, they already did for ME2).

Honestly... underwhelmed right now. Can't exactly put my finger on the reason, but the videos aren't making me want to rush out and buy the game.

Also, I see ammo counters instead of heat indicators. I hate ammo counters.

M

Markturner

Underwhelmed by the video....
I actually kind of like the idea of having a mix between ME1 and ME2 style weaponry. I just hope they don't have the same sort of inventory system than ME1 had. I will quit this game if they bring that abomination back.

Status
Not open for further replies.