[PC Game] Minecraft HF server info and game discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah. Basically anything you build there* runs the risk of being...erased.

--Patrick
*Out of anything other than whitestone.

GasBandit

Staff member
Yeah. Basically anything you build there* runs the risk of being...erased.

--Patrick
*Out of anything other than whitestone.
That's my worry. Of course, there might be an alternative occurrance - in the already generated areas, it may stick around... but newly generated areas may be the whitestone-with-obsidian-obelisk wasteland of The End. We'll just have to wait and see, I guess... but I'd hate for people to lose their stuff in skyland. Ah, the perils of Beta.

Oh, I wasn't referring to anything the server might do. I was referring to the fact that being touched by The Enderdragon will destroy anything. Even Bedrock/Adminium.

--Patrick

GasBandit

Staff member
Sounds like a manual backup of skyland may be in order. In the meantime, I don't recommend anybody start anything new in skyland - chances seem ripe it'll get Burninated when the Trogdor comes in the night.

Supposedly the dragon doesn't destroy end stone, obsidian, and maybe bedrock (not sure on that one).

It'll be interesting to see what happens IMO.

Last word on the wiki was that the only things The Dragon doesn't destroy are end(white)stone and obsidian. Bedrock is fair game (probably since there is no need for it in The End). No word on whether this means portals will be snuffed if The Dragon passes through them (since the purple stuff is technically a block).

--Patrick

GasBandit

Staff member
Last word on the wiki was that the only things The Dragon doesn't destroy are end(white)stone and obsidian. Bedrock is fair game (probably since there is no need for it in The End). No word on whether this means portals will be snuffed if The Dragon passes through them (since the purple stuff is technically a block).

--Patrick
Ooh, that brings up another issue - they're going to have to update multiverse to deal with "end" portals.

"Tonight's the night. And it's going to happen, again and again. It has to happen."

Well, hopefully updates still keep coming smoothly. But it does mean everything Gas mentioned will occur as soon as the server's updated to 1.0. No mods, but new update today. But still, Minecraft release day! Woot!

And the quote seemed appropriate, if totally the opposite of applicable to this game. ;)

GasBandit

Staff member
Minecraft login issues.

We are currently aware of issues with the Minecraft.net login servers that are preventing users from playing the new 1.0 release of Minecraft, often with error messages such as 'invalid key'.
At this time we are advising customers to hold off on upgrading till the issue has been resolved.
As soon as updates become available, we will post them here.
We thank you for your patience in this matter.
Doh.

Well, a few things noticed from being on this morning.
  1. They changed North. What was East is now North. I don't know if they changed in-game maps, but you know how maps always had east as "top" of them? Well now it'll all line up. The reason I know this is because of the sun/moon (assuming it still sets in what is supposed to be west). So if you have any "direction" signs, beware. I don't know if they changed the direction of textures or not. There was a trick in the Nether that the prominent "L" in the Netherrack texture pointed north (or something), and so I wonder if textures rotated, or purely where the sun/moon are.
  2. You didn't re-pop the Nether. And strangely, it's back to pre-multiverse nether. So enclosed passages, structures, signs, etc. There's a few connectivity problems, such as portals not connected that were created since we had multiverse, but by default it's enclosed, and works fine. The problem: we need a fresh one for Nether Fortresses and such. But considering the files are there, maybe we can figure out a way once you re-pop it before multi to keep the "newest" one we'll be making.
  3. Doors have wonky sounds. I don't mean the new sounds, I mean how it plays them more than once, often, even on single doors (double doors are always double-sounded it seems).
  4. Squid are back, as expected.
  5. Beds work fine if you're the only one on, so I'll assume they'll also work with many on, as long as all are in bed, like it did before.
Overall, seems to work so far. Back to skyrim! ;)

GasBandit

Staff member
The sun is DEFINITELY off 90 degrees from before. The clouds continue to move the same direction in relation to ground fixtures, but while they used to always blow north, that direction is now west.

Yeah, I forgot to wipe the nether files for caprica. I can probably do that pretty easy, but back when I was multiversing I DID try to copy over the nether to the multiversed nether. It didn't work very well (it crashed the server). Unfortunately, I'm not sure we can avoid anything other than a re-re-wiped nether when multiverse comes back in.

Squids are back and plentiful as hell. I saw literally dozens in the water off my coast.

Endermen are back - and they can STILL move blocks around. I am assuming the types of blocks they can move have been reduced... but I know I've caught them carrying dirt.

There are some redstone difficulties with complex circuits that use glitches to operate - Drifter's deadly house is no longer deadly, though you can hear something happening when you open the door, the lava pit is never exposed.

All kinds of new sounds all over the place.

Enchanting and potion making. Animal husbandry. Whee!

Endermen are back - and they can STILL move blocks around. I am assuming the types of blocks they can move have been reduced... but I know I've caught them carrying dirt.

There are some redstone difficulties with complex circuits that use glitches to operate - Drifter's deadly house is no longer deadly, though you can hear something happening when you open the door, the lava pit is never exposed.
See here: http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Enderman#Moving_blocks Basically, "natural" non-stone blocks can be moved, everything else can't. But here's the REAL craptacular point: they can take stuff from "beyond" one block in. So they can reach in behind a wall and take from one block behind it. That's pretty crappy, but be prepared for it if you don't have good fencing & lighting (both) in your home area. I'm thinking I may take a better look at Dirona and I's "home" area, as parts of our top layer are only covered by dirt, and not always 100% lit well.

So on the Nether, OK, I'll treat any pre-multiverse nether as "temporary" but we still need a re-pop.

There are some redstone difficulties with complex circuits that use glitches to operate - Drifter's deadly house is no longer deadly, though you can hear something happening when you open the door, the lava pit is never exposed.!
no, it works, again...I fell in after I fixed it for him.

Ok, I just bought this game Friday right before 1.0 came out. Worst decision I ever made.

I should have bought it months ago.

Dave

Staff member
So how does one get on multiplayer now? I keep getting invalid server key. And I'm too lazy to Google it.

Status
Not open for further replies.