Minor victory thread

I've been dieting (no potato chips) for the last month and today I decided to let myself have a treat and I just ate my God damn fill of regular Ruffles and dill pickle Philadelphia dip. Just salt n carb n fat bomb and I feel incredible.

Last edited:
Unexpected actual weekend off as of in the morning!

I'm motivated to make a weeb food run tomorrow, but who knows if that motivation will still be there eight hours from now.

Dave

Staff member
I finally did it. I swallowed my fear and made an appointment with the dentist. I’ve been so ashamed of my teeth for so long I’m finally going to do something about it. Probably have them all knocked out & get dentures. Yes, they are that bad.

I do have lots of questions before I have it done. Not sure I can take time off and wondering how that’s gonna go.

But still, a first step is a first step.

I swallowed my fear and made an appointment with the dentist. I’ve been so ashamed of my teeth for so long I’m finally going to do something about it.
You're a dude who routinely gets up in front of crowds of people to die a painful death. I was not expecting this.

--Patrick

I finally did it. I swallowed my fear and made an appointment with the dentist. I’ve been so ashamed of my teeth for so long I’m finally going to do something about it. Probably have them all knocked out & get dentures. Yes, they are that bad.

I do have lots of questions before I have it done. Not sure I can take time off and wondering how that’s gonna go.

But still, a first step is a first step.
Oh good for you, man. Self care is often neglected like that but you can still do some good for yourself

I’m home recovering from my procedure today and I found out that they have the equipment now and next time they will do an ablation on me!

This is great news as although it’s riskier, it has the potential to work much better. If I’m fortunate, after several sessions, the nerves may not fully recover.

Wife and her girlfriend are clear to close on their new townhome. So, one week from today they'll be closing on the property, and we've all given notice at the apartment of intent to vacate. 2022 will see about $3000/month back into my pocket from the various rents/utilities that I'm still paying for my share of the Virginia apartment. That's.....nice.

Provided that they don't both end up hospitalized from the covid they both currently have, that is.

I haven't been working since September, because I'm on leave due to my mental state. Surprisingly, I'm still considered employed at the company and I can't for the life me understand why they'd want to keep me.

On the bright side, today I finally, finally, FINALLY received my short term disability claim from SunLife. And it's nearly $6,000. Given the runaround I've gotten from my family doctor, I'd given up hope that I'd get it at all. I've dipped into my savings a lot in the last few months and this amount will put it right back to where it was, and then some.

I almost put this as an Epic Win, but honestly, it's only a minor victory because it doesn't fix everything else going on in my life.