Minor victory thread

That Excalibur is just a wall hanger. 440 Stainless Steel.

These are all quality, Carbon Steel, designed by historical swordsmanship expert John Clements https://www.reliks.com/battlecry/
I was going to suggest Angel Sword, but I couldn't find a link to any blades actually currently on sale. Maybe they're on holiday?
Anyway, here's a BBC special featuring this particular shop. They're even in TX! A warning that the narrator doesn't fully understand what's going on, though.

--Patrick

Last edited:
I mean, are you ever going to do anything other than hang it on your wall? How often do you find yourself needing a battle-ready sword?
This. A replica garbage steel buster sword is equally as useful as an oiled up, battle ready, carbon steel sword.

GasBandit

Staff member
Oh they had "real" swords too, but those started at $500 and went up to $2k.

440 stainless is fine with me, all I'm gonna do is hang it against a wall. I already have 3 such.

Fair enough. I have a lot of SCAdian friends and wanted to learn more about historical swordplay, so I bought a carbon steel practice "William Marshall" type sword. It helps writing scenes of swordplay when you know the feel of live steel in your hand and how it feels to swing a well-balanced sword.

Ummm those pikachu cards were like the holy grail back when I was a kid. Did you just win the lottery or did they remake them?

These ones are from the current Evolutions expansion. They're secret rares so I guess I lucked out that over 6 packs, I got these two, Here Comes Team Rocket, Blastoise EX (Tortank) and a full art M Pidgeot (Roucarnage). Each of these cards were in separate boosters. I got some nice Steam Siege cards as well. Sadly no Jigglypuffs or Wigglytuffs.

Dave

Staff member
I think my brother is about to block me on Facebook. He's not used to people calling him on his bullshit and he can't STAND it. And every time I post proof and links. He's starting to come apart at the seams and it's delightful.

Oh yeah, the helmet I wore doing traffic control?

A citizen wrote a letter to pretty much EVERYONE in my chain of command, to include the Mayor. Made sure to mention me specifically by name, and commented about how my presence helped make people smile, and generally made for a good time.

>tfw your Patrol Commander sends you a personal attaboy and orders your CO to put a positive letter in your service record.