Minor victory thread

Are these former classmates and coworkers people who really hate you and want you miserable, or who really love you and want you back? :-P

Just cut to the chase and ask them how how their employees are.
It's a tech company. Odds are most of them are not going to ping on the Bhamv radar.

Are these former classmates and coworkers people who really hate you and want you miserable, or who really love you and want you back? :-P
The former coworker probably doesn't hate me. Probably. The former classmates are more likely to hate me, because I was a dick in grad school.

Actually, now that I think about it, I suspect the former coworker is trying to recruit me to be his replacement. Hmmm...

Minor victory because there was a lot of drama around it, but I now am the proud owner of a new-to-me 2015 Buick Encore Premiere.

Now if I can only figure out how to use all the doodads on it...

Just finished doing both the DDP Yoga10-minute Wake Up and 40-minute Synergy. I've severely neglected my yoga practice in the past year or two. I had to modify this workout a LOT. Knees down for pushups. Knee down for lunges. But I did it. And I feel SO much better today.

I've recently started moving again with 15- or 30-minute yoga videos, and I can't manage to finish even the Very Basic Easy Relaxing For Beginners Who Are Out Of Shape stuff, so....yeah.

I've recently started moving again with 15- or 30-minute yoga videos, and I can't manage to finish even the Very Basic Easy Relaxing For Beginners Who Are Out Of Shape stuff, so....yeah.
Hey, as DDP himself says at the end of the Synergy video: even 15 or 30 minutes is better than nothing at all. You still arrived on the mat and did something. Keep it up!

Got my TrumpBucks™ check, and so as long as I exercise a modicum of self control going forward, I am no longer hanging on by my fingernails!

Welcome back hulu, et. al! :D

You know the saying, "The government giveth, the IRS taketh away"? Well, in this case, the relief check is essentially going to go pay for my tax bill for 2k19.

Welp, I just finished writing the first draft script for a one-page comic strip. I wrote one last year and commissioned it from an artist I discovered on Twitter. I just sent off this new script to him and he said he'll get back to me sometime tomorrow.

I'm still so new to writing comic scripts, I don't know if it's any good or if the artist will like it. I'm worried I put too much description or instructions, so it doesn't leave the artist much wiggle room to play with it in their own way.

I did include some links to googled images that I thought would help for reference. Either ideal viewpoint shots or design references. Even a YouTube video for one thing.

Still, we'll see how it goes!

OhGodOhGodOhGodOhGodOhGod

I've officially submitted my reference requests, application, and transcript requests for a doctorate program.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

Welp, I just finished writing the first draft script for a one-page comic strip. I wrote one last year and commissioned it from an artist I discovered on Twitter. I just sent off this new script to him and he said he'll get back to me sometime tomorrow.

I'm still so new to writing comic scripts, I don't know if it's any good or if the artist will like it. I'm worried I put too much description or instructions, so it doesn't leave the artist much wiggle room to play with it in their own way.

I did include some links to googled images that I thought would help for reference. Either ideal viewpoint shots or design references. Even a YouTube video for one thing.

Still, we'll see how it goes!
UPDATE: The artist sent me a rough sketch and panel layout. Aside from one minor tweak I suggested, I had zero criticisms. I think this will turn out even better than the one-page strip we did last last year.

Took up mini painting again after 8+ years. My first attempt. Not particularly proud of this one but I’ve never been a master at it. I went way too heavy on the highlights here and can’t quite make the fur “fur-like”. It’s passable though so I’ll call it a minor victory.

The figure is from a board game called Monster Slaughter. This is the “Dad” Werewolf.

Attachments

Last edited:
Man, the only thing that makes me any degree of happy anymore are the little videos my 'niece' sends me every couple of days to tell me what she's been doing or the little skits she's come up with. They're the best. She's just about into the double digit age and I hope she continues to be as creative forever.

Man, the only thing that makes me any degree of happy anymore are the little videos my 'niece' sends me every couple of days to tell me what she's been doing or the little skits she's come up with. They're the best. She's just about into the double digit age and I hope she continues to be as creative forever.
One of the few things that make me happy is hearing updates about my first nephew, less than a week old atm, peeing on his parents when they try to change his diapers.

Not that I would enjoy them getting peed upon, but it is still good for a hearty laugh.

Last edited:
One of the few things that make me happy is hearing updates about my first nephew, less than a week old atm, peeing on his parents when they try to change his diapers.

Not that I would enjoy them getting peed upon, but it is still good for a hearty laugh.
1588761909646.png

I got a job offer. I gave two weeks notice and now I have been treated like a pariah ever since. Management fired a bunch of folks in January because they were "negative". It left us with a skeleton crew. The guy with the greatest depth of knowledge quit right after the firings. We have scrambled ever since to get anything done. We had a great first quarter, but now that depth of knowledge gap is hurting us. Now, we're behind. When I leave they will be in serious trouble. Management is trying to put that on my shoulders because I am leaving. I won't let them.

I got a job offer. I gave two weeks notice and now I have been treated like a pariah ever since. Management fired a bunch of folks in January because they were "negative". It left us with a skeleton crew. The guy with the greatest depth of knowledge quit right after the firings. We have scrambled ever since to get anything done. We had a great first quarter, but now that depth of knowledge gap is hurting us. Now, we're behind. When I leave they will be in serious trouble. Management is trying to put that on my shoulders because I am leaving. I won't let them.
Just tell them you're leaving because they're negative

OhGodOhGodOhGodOhGodOhGod

I've officially submitted my reference requests, application, and transcript requests for a doctorate program.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!
Welp, I'm 2 days early, but we'll say it's May 9th today - 6 years ago today I graduated from my MDiv program. And today I submitted my complete application to a DMin program. I know that two of my three references have already been submitted by folks I asked, and... now we wait.

Doesn't a master of Divinity just have to play through all games twice and get all the achievements? Man, I've been going about this all wrong....

(but best of luck, and courage)

2 down. 32 to go.
1589159371488.png

Not all of them are going to go this fast, I'm sure. Some of these classes are gonna involve me writing papers and code, and others are going to involve me getting certs like CompTIA. I expect I'll spend the more traditional amount of time on them.