Movie News & Miscellany

I have fond memories of the first, but I barely remember the second. The only thing I really remember is the Reaper singing and playing an upright bass.

I have fond memories of the first, but I barely remember the second. The only thing I really remember is the Reaper singing and playing an upright bass.
And getting caught in a scandal, don't forget that.
Journey is the weakest of the three, but that just means it's the silliest/goofiest, not that it's the worst.

--Patrick

Last edited:
And getting caught in a scandal, don't forget that.
Journey is the weakest of the three, but that just means it's the silliest/goofiest, not that it's the worst.

--Patrick
I actually like Journey more than the other two. I think it's a solid sequel that avoids copying the plot of the original film. The special effects are cheesy but wonderful. The visuals (especially in Hell) are amazing and FAR better than they were in Face the Music. It has better jokes and is far more excellent an adventure than both other films. It's a film that completely delivers on it's plot description more than you would have ever expected it to:

Evil Robots Bill and Ted travel back in time to kill Bill and Ted who go to Hell and then must beat the Grim Reaper at a contest to return to earth with the most brilliant scientist in the universe to make Good Robots Bill and Ted to defeat the bad robots and win the San Dimas Battle of the Bands.

I mean how can you possibly come up with a better movie based on that premise than what was actually given to us?

I actually like Journey more than the other two. I think it's a solid sequel that avoids copying the plot of the original film. The special effects are cheesy but wonderful. The visuals (especially in Hell) are amazing and FAR better than they were in Face the Music. It has better jokes and is far more excellent an adventure than both other films. It's a film that completely delivers on it's plot description more than you would have ever expected it to:

Evil Robots Bill and Ted travel back in time to kill Bill and Ted who go to Hell and then must beat the Grim Reaper at a contest to return to earth with the most brilliant scientist in the universe to make Good Robots Bill and Ted to defeat the bad robots and win the San Dimas Battle of the Bands.

I mean how can you possibly come up with a better movie based on that premise than what was actually given to us?
This is a point worth repeating: Bogus Journey might not be an excellent movie by general movie standards, but it delivers exactly what it promises, in a fashion that is frankly above and beyond what we would have gotten from anyone else. It is, to be frank, the perfect form of it's idea and it does it without compromising the ideals or tone of the original movie. Fuck, we even got STEVE VAI and KISS performing what is by far the best version of God Gave Rock & Roll To You.

In other words, it's a perfect sequel. It's just the perfect sequel to low-budget 90's rock and roll comedy.

It for sure has more repeatable jokes. The entire "falling into Hell" sequence was worth the opening night ticket I bought.

I mean, they did want Tobey, Andrew and Tom to cameo in Spider-Verse, so I'm hoping it was nixed to lead to something similar? And throw in Miles!

I read that today like immediately after think about how Elliot Page is like 4 years younger than me but they've been around for what seems like forever and it makes me feel old. Weird coincidence.

Doesn't HBO go through Crave for us? I figured it would for this too.
Yeah...about that. Looks like the only way to see WB movies in Canada next year will be in theaters. Up until recently, it was relatively safe to go to the theater here in Halifax. We were without cases for a few months, surprisingly. Now we're getting a second wave...yeah. I'm hoisting my mainsail.

• Angry
Reactions: Far
Once again, Gabe Newell is proven right.

"We think there is a fundamental misconception about piracy," Newell said. "Piracy is almost always a service problem and not a pricing problem. For example, if a pirate offers a product anywhere in the world, 24/7, purchasable from the convenience of your personal computer, and the legal provider says the product is region-locked, will come to your country three months after the U.S. release and can only be purchased at a brick and mortar store, then the pirate's service is more valuable."

Yeah I love the movies but I haven't been since early February and have no plans to any time soon. That's a bummer.