Movie News & Miscellany

I guess it's more miniseries/tv news, but the rumor mill is saying Michael C Hall's in the running to play Daredevil/Matt Murdock in the upcoming Netflix series.

I guess it's more miniseries/tv news, but the rumor mill is saying Michael C Hall's in the running to play Daredevil/Matt Murdock in the upcoming Netflix series.
While I would not be opposed to this (MCH is a great actor) I am kinda hoping they go with someone unknown to avoid the baggage of previously played characters. Plus I agree that he is a little old for the part.

And he better friggin be a redhead.

GasBandit

Staff member
I don't remember having ever heard Shalhoub fake an accent, but I actually think Knoxville could do an OK Leonardo. A lot of people don't remember how goofy many of the Leonardos have sounded over the years.

I don't remember having ever heard Shalhoub fake an accent, but I actually think Knoxville could do an OK Leonardo. A lot of people don't remember how goofy many of the Leonardos have sounded over the years.
He faked an accent in Fallout.

Skip to 5:32 to hear him

Last rumor I heard was of this was a new generation of Goonies having their own treasure hunt. Could be interesting if they did something with involving the original Goonies and how they react to their kids going on a dangerous adventure.
Oh, THAT kind of sequel, which is pretty much a remake.

Speaking of remakes, fuck whoever decided to do a TV-movie Rosemary's Baby. I think it airs sometime this month, but that is such a fucking stupid idea. Rosemary's Baby is not a scare-movie, but already from the trailer I can see this remake looks like ... well, any generic horror movie from today.

Am I the only one who thinks it's awfully strange that this news just happened to come out right before the next X-Men movie?
It didn't come out before the last 2 he did or Superman. Why should it matter?

Singer's in the right profession for something like this not to ruin his career (if it's true). Look how many celebrities rally behind Roman Polanski. Hollywood has a hideous history of sexual abuse.

It didn't come out before the last 2 he did or Superman. Why should it matter?

Singer's in the right profession for something like this not to ruin his career (if it's true). Look how many celebrities rally behind Roman Polanski. Hollywood has a hideous history of sexual abuse.
It wouldn't surprise me in the least that it's true. Hollywood behind the curtain is a disgusting, vile place. It just the timing of the matter that makes me raise an eyebrow.

He's also said on record that several people abused him in various ways, and yet Singer is the only one that I've seen named.

It wouldn't surprise me in the least that it's true. Hollywood behind the curtain is a disgusting, vile place. It just the timing of the matter that makes me raise an eyebrow.

He's also said on record that several people abused him in various ways, and yet Singer is the only one that I've seen named.
Well, the article also talks about Marc Collins-Rector, who was already convicted of trafficking minors for sex.

Dave

Staff member
I think things like this should be sealed until after the trial. If it's true then whatever. If it's not, though, it could damage his reputation and whole life. I think reporting the names of the accused in these cases is reprehensible.

I think things like this should be sealed until after the trial. If it's true then whatever. If it's not, though, it could damage his reputation and whole life. I think reporting the names of the accused in these cases is reprehensible.
won't someone please think of the poor rapists' rights

So he's guilty? And your proof is?
Keeping investigations secret until proven guilty is absurd in theory and impossible in practice. And against what the whole country and justice system is about. For rapes or any crime in general. I suspect people (maybe you, maybe not) are more up in arms for this because of the myth that there's some huge upswell of fake rape allegations, but that's a myth (I don't have data in front of me). A murder allegation can ruin people's lives, hell ANY felony can almost make someone unemployable.

Also putting more sitgma and pressure on rape victims will only push more of them to not report, which is already a pretty high / awful number.

Dave

Staff member
Keeping investigations secret until proven guilty is absurd in theory and impossible in practice. And against what the whole country and justice system is about. For rapes or any crime in general. I suspect people (maybe you, maybe not) are more up in arms for this because of the myth that there's some huge upswell of fake rape allegations, but that's a myth (I don't have data in front of me). A murder allegation can ruin people's lives, hell ANY felony can almost make someone unemployable.

Also putting more sitgma and pressure on rape victims will only push more of them to not report, which is already a pretty high / awful number.
I agree with some of your points, but not that keeping investigations secret is against the justice system. I don't think there's a huge amount of false allegations, but I do feel that they and other false allegations - Richard Jewell, the Duke rape case, the Reddit bullshit with the bomber - destroys lives for no reason. We need to protect the accused along side the accuser until such time as the verdict is handed down. I know that's difficult in this day and age of technology, but the court of public opinion, especially with the internet, is amazingly destructive and nearly always wrong.